Trump wrongly claims ‘big victory’ after close down-ballot Nevada race moves toward revote

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PolitiFact - Trump wrongly claims ‘big victory’ after close down-ballot Nevada race moves toward revote
Trump claimed, "Big victory moments ago in the State of Nevada. The all Democrat County Commissioner race, on same ballot as President, just thrown out because of large scale voter discrepancy."

The Clark County Commission declined to certify the results of one local race where there was a 10-vote difference and more than 10 discrepancies with ballots.

The discrepancies were not "large scale." They were limited to less than one-tenth of a percent of ballots. And the news is not a "big victory" for Trump, since it does not change the results of the presidential election in Clark County, which the commission certified.

The race that may go to a special election was not "all Democrat," either.

We rate this statement False.
tulc(this is President Trump's 333rd false)

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) yes.. that is how PolitiFact worded it. Trump told the truth. Well things were ADDED to why they believe Trump was wrong. Thanks for sharing another link we can search on.
Except that what President Trump said wasn't true. As you would know if you read the whole article and followed the links attached to the article I posted 3 minutes before you responded.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) yes.. that is how PolitiFact worded it. Trump told the truth. Well things were ADDED to why they believe Trump was wrong. Thanks for sharing another link we can search on.
Here's the quick summary:

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
  • The Clark County Commission moved to redo the election for one county commission seat that was decided by 10 votes because there were more than 10 discrepancies among the ballots cast for that race. The discrepancies were not “large scale.”

• The relatively small number of discrepancies identified did not affect the outcome of any other race in Clark County, Nev., including the presidential race.

• The commission certified the county’s results in all other elections, including the presidential election, where Joe Biden won by more than 90,000 votes.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you previously say that Trumps claim of election vote count errors and other problems was without out evidence or merit? Oh, wait I guess you simply posted an article that said that or did you make a comment yourself?
uhmm...sorry, this thread is about what's in the OP not my posting history.
tulc(hopes that helps)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet you were a varsity dodge ball player.
Not really, but I have always been pretty good at spotting when people are trying to change the subject because they can't support their argument.
tulc(it's kind of my mutant power)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really, but I have always been pretty good at spotting when people are trying to change the subject because they can't support their argument.
tulc(it's kind of my mutant power)
and how are you going to support your argument or your posts if you will?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and how are you going to support your argument or your posts if you will?
probably something like this:
Our Sources

Donald J. Trump on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

The New York Times, "No, a revote in one local Nevada race is not a victory for President Trump," Nov. 17, 2020

The Washington Post, "Trump and allies pitch yet another woeful voter-fraud theory in Nevada," Nov. 17, 2020

The Washington Post, "Trump’s day on Twitter: Living in an immaterial world," Nov. 17, 2020

The Associated Press, "Election Lawsuits Fly in Nevada Ahead of Vote Certification,' Nov. 17, 2020

The Nevada Independent, "Trump campaign files lawsuit asking judge to overturn or annul Nevada’s presidential election results," Nov. 17, 2020

The Reno Gazette Journal, "Without evidence, Nevada GOP continues legal push to question Nevada's election integrity," Nov. 17, 2020

Las Vegas Review Journal, "Clark County Commission candidate sues to stop special election," Nov. 17, 2020

Clark County, Nevada, "Special Meeting," Nov. 16, 2020

The Nevada Independent, "Clark County calls for re-vote in commission race decided by 10 ballots; discrepancies outnumber victory margin," Nov. 16, 2020

The Associated Press, "Trump attacks Vegas-area certification of Biden election win," Nov. 16, 2020

Nevada Current, "Clark County certifies (almost all) election results; Anthony-Miller special election looms," Nov. 16, 2020

Las Vegas Review Journal, "Special election could decide close Clark County Commission race," Nov. 16, 2020

KTNV Las Vegas, "UPDATE: Clark County election draws new presidential 'tweet', commission seat still up for grabs," Nov. 16, 2020

8 News Now Las Vegas, "Clark County Commission certifies election results, except District C race; 6 vote twice," Nov. 16, 2020

Erik Pappa on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Clark County Nevada on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Megan Messerly on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Glenn Kessler on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Allan Smith on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Steve Sebelius on Twitter, Nov. 16, 2020

Email interview with Dan Kulin, public information officer for Clark County, Nov. 17, 2020
those are the links contained in the OP explaining why they gave President Trump the fact check they did.
tulc(hopes that helps)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
probably something like this:

those are the links contained in the OP explaining why they gave President Trump the fact check they did.
tulc(hopes that helps)
Well if the NYT said it, it is undoubtedly biased against Trump and most likely not true.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if the NYT said it, it is undoubtedly biased against Trump and most likely not true.
...hmmmm...got any links to prove those links are wrong? Or do you think an ad hominem fallacy is all that's needed? I know for some people that's enough, but the rest of us tend to prefer links and proof.
tulc(is a big fan of links and proof)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...hmmmm...got any links to prove those links are wrong? Or do you think an ad hominem fallacy is all that's needed? I know for some people that's enough, but the rest of us tend to prefer links and proof.
tulc(is a big fan of links and proof)
I would assert that questioning the reliability of information from the NYT about Trump or their obvious bias against Trump is no fallacy. So waiting for all the facts to come to light is certainly the most prudent position to take.

Upvote 0