Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No really it's not just that. That would be disingenous & misleading to agree that the above statement and does not concur with the facts.
No, that is one of the definitions of the word.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
If true a proper response.

When one side comes to a negotiation without even considering the other side’s view it’s called an ultimatum.
"if you're not going to fund my wall then there's nothing to discuss" is absolutely an ultimatum. I think you've got it backwards who gave said ultimatum though.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Not correct. Trump has considered and even agreed to the DACA provisions.

The last offer last year he accepted all 1.8 million of the Dreamers (Dem counter proposal) if they expanded on GOP immigration reforms. He did this so the bill would pass the Senate.
Are you talking about the bill from Jan 2018 which he worked out with Schumer? Which John Kelly later called and told Schumer that it wasn't far enough right? The one that Trump then reneged on even though he negotiated it?

SCHUMER: I put 'the wall' on the table in my meeting with Trump, but he backed out of the deal

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"if you're not going to fund my wall then there's nothing to discuss" is absolutely an ultimatum. I think you've got it backwards who gave said ultimatum though.
Not if you know what they were getting already. All of DACA.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about the bill from Jan 2018 which he worked out with Schumer? Which John Kelly later called and told Schumer that it wasn't far enough right? The one that Trump then reneged on even though he negotiated it?

SCHUMER: I put 'the wall' on the table in my meeting with Trump, but he backed out of the deal
Trump offered 800K DACA, Dems countered with 1.8 mil, Trump said yes but to get GOP senate approval there would need to be immigration reforms closing loopholes included. Dems let it die.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not at all, I'm simply denying that once someone becomes President of the United States that means he's not supposed to be criticized for the things he's doing wrong. :wave:

I see no where , anyone denied that "once someone becomes President of the USA that means he's not supposed to be criticized for the things he's doing wrong."
That was not your point you were making at in the post I quoted. It was to slyly flip Jack's sentence around and imply that the POTUS was a confessed sexual predator and worse then Clinton. Many would disagree with you , like the women who said clinton raped them, or his aid.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...here's what Merriam -Webster says:

If you want to argue with the dictionary that's fine and if you do so, please I'm pretty sure a lot of us would be interested in how that turns out...in another thread of course. :wave:
tulc(will be watching for that thread) :)

Oh pahleeze you really cannot try to change the meaning of a Coven to get Hillary off the hook. We all know what a coven is & and we know what it is an assembly of - and the Bible speaks very succinctly what GOD's view of witchcraft is.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump offered 800K DACA, Dems countered with 1.8 mil, Trump said yes but to get GOP senate approval there would need to be immigration reforms closing loopholes included. Dems let it die.

Trump never agreed to the straight up DACA for $25 billion proposal. He wanted more from the start - his “four pillars.”

As for the proposal that added in the other security measures - it is true Dems didn’t support it, but Trump couldn’t even get the entire Republican caucus to support that one.

Four Up, Four Down on Senate Immigration Proposals

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump never agreed to the straight up DACA for $25 billion proposal. He wanted more from the start - his “four pillars.”

As for the proposal that added in the other security measures - it is true Dems didn’t support it, but Trump couldn’t even get the entire Republican caucus to support that one.

Four Up, Four Down on Senate Immigration Proposals
The GOP senate always wanted the reforms if DACA was fully supported. Why? Because if the loopholes were not closed they would just have another 1.8 mil DACA illegal immigrants 5 years from now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The GOP senate always wanted the reforms if DACA was fully supported. Why? Because if the loopholes were not closed they would just have another 1.8 mil DACA illegal immigrants 5 years from now.

And so did Trump. Which is why he never supported the straight up deal, as you suggested he did.

And, doesn’t change the fact that Trump and McConnell couldn’t get their own caucus to support that deal.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh pahleeze you really cannot try to change the meaning of a Coven to get Hillary off the hook. We all know what a coven is & and we know what it is an assembly of - and the Bible speaks very succinctly what GOD's view of witchcraft is.
Perhaps you should check a dictionary. There are several definitions for coven.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm well aware , but that is just playing a word game and disingenous. Christians are supposed to be honest and clear about the truth. Remember? salt and light, not misleading or deceiving.
No one is being misleading here except that who say that coven automatically means witches. Have you researched the organization? I saw nothing about witches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you should check a dictionary. There are several definitions for coven.
I have a high level of proficiency in english so don't worry.
It is like saying Bill C was a participant an orgy and cnn stating it was a festive gathering of adults that met for an unknown reason. That is just playing word games & it's a manipulation of the truth and that's what's called dishonesty or deception.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is deception at work.
No, words have meanings. We find out those meanings from dictionaries. Your opinion doesn’t substitute for a dictionary definition. Again, what research have you done on this organization?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a high level of proficiency in english so don't worry.
It is like saying Bill C was a participant an orgy and cnn stating it was a festive gathering of adults that met for an unknown reason. That is just playing word games & it's a manipulation of the truth and that's what's called dishonesty or deception.
Except I can’t find “a festive gathering of adults for an unknown reason” among the definitions of orgy. Please provide the name of the dictionary where you found that definition.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Except I can’t find “a festive gathering of adults for an unknown reason” among the definitions of orgy. Please provide the name of the dictionary where you found that definition.

No I don't have to. This is just the typical case of a dem giving Hillary a pass and making excuses for her. No snake oil , thanks.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No I don't have to. This is just the typical case of a dem giving Hillary a pass and making excuses for her. No snake oil , thanks.
In other words you don’t have a valid answer. Oh, and I am a registered Republican, not a Democrat. I didn’t vote for Hillary. I also didn’t vote for Trump. The Green Party candidate got my vote.

Upvote 0