Trump walked out of shutdown meeting with Democratic lawmakers -Schumer

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Neither party is particularly good at doing the work of God.
How do you know? This Presidency has been defending and Supporting ISRAEL like no other President, He has put Christian Prayer back into the Whitehouse. This administration is NOT supporting Abortion.
Looks to me like one side is making efforts and the other side is trying to thwart it.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But we aren't talking about murder here are we? In any event there is a Forums for abortion; this is not the place to discuss it.

You brought it up. Abortion is murder. The dems support that. Hillary supports that. President Trump does not support that.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would not recognize her as a born again believer either. I can call myself a car , that doesn't make me one. Her views are not in line with Biblical Christianity, but that is irrelevant also.

It is not up to either of us to judge whether Hillary ios or is not a Christian.

Lol! she lost because GOD did not cast HIS vote for her.

Where is God registered to vote?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You brought it up. Abortion is murder. The dems support that. Hillary supports that. President Trump does not support that.
No, I didn't bring it up. I responded to a poster who raised the issue of abortion, and in my response I said that this wasn't the place to discuss it. Don't make false accusations.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is supposed to be give and take in negotiations between the President and Congress. Trump simply demanded that it was his way or nothing.
Because the dems who just want to oppose him no matter what the issue Won't negotiate any funding for the WALL---which the people who voted for the President want.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because the dems who just want to oppose him no matter what the issue Won't negotiate any funding for the WALL---which the people who voted for the President want.

Trump was the one who walked out of the last meeting. We don't know what could have been negotiated had he remained.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I didn't bring it up. I responded to a poster who raised the issue of abortion, and in my response I said that this wasn't the place to discuss it. Don't make false accusations.

So? abortion became a part of this conversation because it is clearly supported by the dems and not by Trump's administration. Besides, you don't know the difference between a mistake and a false accusation? " .....I see.
Btw, accusing someone falsely of making a false accusation IS a false accusation. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And, as I pointed out earlier, a coven is simply a collection of individuals with similar interests. Why can’t you get that?

No really it's not just that. That would be disingenous & misleading to agree that the above statement and does not concur with the facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Denying the Will & power of GOD to use whom HE chooses?
Not at all, I'm simply denying that once someone becomes President of the United States that means he's not supposed to be criticized for the things he's doing wrong. :wave:

Moses was a murderer but the LORD God raised him up & used Moses mightily for HIS purposes, to give us the Commandments, to do many great works through God's power, to lead God's people out of slavery. Apostle Paul had the blood of Christians on his hands & wanted the name of Jesus wiped out, but GOD chose Saul on the way to Damascus and Paul became the greatest Evangelist for Christ spreading the Gospel.
Hmmm...what did Jesus say about the leaders of His day? :
Matthew 23 said:
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
So if we were to follow Jesus example we would point out their arrogance, their pretenses at being righteous we could call them hypocrites (many times) whited sepulchers, full of dead mens bones and all uncleanness, people who devour widows houses, blind guides, full of extortion and excess. That's the example Jesus left us. So you'll excuse me if pointing out when President Trump is acting like a petulant child in need of a nap doesn't seem all that bad to me. :wave:
tulc(wonders where those Biblical examples and Scriptures were during the 8 years before this administration got in office) :scratch:

Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So? abortion became a part of this conversation because (snip)
Actually, it became part of the conversation because when some Republicans start losing an argument? They will a lot of times try and make the conversation about something else instead. If it wasn't abortion, it would be something else. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well ya, if they would cooperate and fund the wall there would be no shutdown.

"Well ya, if the police would cooperate, let the bank robbers have the money and give them a car to the airport, there would be no hostages hurt."

• Haha
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, it became part of the conversation because when some Republicans start losing an argument? They will a lot of times try and make the conversation about something else instead. If it wasn't abortion, it would be something else. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

When they suspect that "Yabut, whattabout BENGHAZI?" is no longer effective, they like to switch up, now and then.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No really it's not just that. That would be disingenous & misleading to agree that the above statement and does not concur with the facts.
uhmmm...here's what Merriam -Webster says:
coven
noun
co·ven | \ ˈkə-vən also ˈkō- \
Definition of coven

1: a collection of individuals with similar interests or activities "a coven of intellectuals"
2: an assembly or band of usually 13 witches
If you want to argue with the dictionary that's fine and if you do so, please I'm pretty sure a lot of us would be interested in how that turns out...in another thread of course. :wave:
tulc(will be watching for that thread) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know? This Presidency has been defending and Supporting ISRAEL like no other President, He has put Christian Prayer back into the Whitehouse. This administration is NOT supporting Abortion.
Looks to me like one side is making efforts and the other side is trying to thwart it.

Did he bring prayer back to the White House? I didn’t know it had left the White House. As an aside, remember GHW Bush’s funeral when Trump was the only President not reciting the Apostle’s Creed.

Supporting Israel does not make one a Christian. Supporting peace is more Christ-like. The steps Trump has taken have, if anything, increases tensions in the Middle East.

Abortion is murder. But, aside from rhetoric, what have they really done to curb abortion? The best way to stop abortion is to prevent unwanted pregancies and the best way to do this to to provide women’s health care and easy access to birth control - Trump and the Republicans have been fighting against the ACA which provides both of these.

And don’t even get me started on loving one’s neighbor. Trump has been horrible at this.

Being the party the panders to the conservative Evangelicals, is anti-abortion (in word only, not so much in action), and spews anti-LGBQ rhetoric is not “doing God’s work.”

So, yeah, neither party is doing God’s work.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As an aside, remember GHW Bush’s funeral when Trump was the only President not reciting the Apostle’s Creed.

To be fair, the Creed includes a part asking for God's forgiveness, and Trump says he doesn't like asking God for forgiveness, because he's "good."

"I have great relationship with God. I have great relationship with the Evangelicals," Trump said in the interview before pivoting to his poll numbers among Evangelical voters.

"I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So? abortion became a part of this conversation because it is clearly supported by the dems and not by Trump's administration. Besides, you don't know the difference between a mistake and a false accusation? " .....I see.
Btw, accusing someone falsely of making a false accusation IS a false accusation. :oldthumbsup:
No, you said that I brought up the issue of abortion. I didn't bring it up. I responded to a poster who raised the issue of abortion. That is a false accusation on your part.

Upvote 0