Trump Tweets from a far Right Fascist organisation then insults the UK Prime Minister

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From Architectural Digest. You sincerely think this is not "Elite"?

trump-1985-apartment-AD_03.jpg

trump-1985-apartment-AD_05.jpg

Really?

Your house doesn't look like that?...

I was just getting ready to say it's a bit of a fixer-upper.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahmen brother.

I had hoped that this road crash in the White House would have been removed from office by now but I increasingly get the disturbing sense that the US government is doing "damage control" as a substitute to removing Trump from office. So far all efforts at impeachment have come to nought, even though the President daily insults and degrades the office he is in and is clearly unfit to hold. One year after the election, its still hard to swallow that this is really happening. Americans deserve better than this.

edit: there may be an impeachment vote "sometime next week" but its far from certain it will pass.
Impeachment only works when a person violates his party standing. This has not happened.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
His election had to do with the rejection of the elites, just like any other populist election. Many of the same people who voted Obama voted for Trump, so to accuse it to be about race is ridiculous.

Anyone who falls for this deserves everything they get, honestly

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who falls for this deserves everything they get, honestly

Falls for what? That Trump's not an elitist? I don't think most of his supporters think that. From what I can gather it's about screwing up the oligarchy we have going on by bringing in someone who isn't part of the 'cool club' so to speak.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Falls for what? That Trump's not an elitist? I don't think most of his supporters think that. From what I can gather it's about screwing up the oligarchy we have going on by bringing in someone who isn't part of the 'cool club' so to speak.

And how is the oligarchy doing after that big tax break?

• Haha
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Despite what Trump claims, it isn't the biggest ever. It's honestly a mixed bag:

GOP, Democrats Spin Tax Plan - FactCheck.org

Biggest thing for a poor boy like myself:

It also would nearly double the standard deduction, but eliminate personal exemptions; increase the child tax credit by $600; and scrap most itemized deductions, except for charitable giving, state and local taxes (which would be capped at $10,000), and mortgage interest (which would be limited to up to $500,000 in loan debt for future mortgages).

I always take the standard deduction because I don't have a crap load of itemized deductions.

Anyhow, I never voted for the guy, and don't intend to. I'm mostly watching from the sidelines.

Ever watched Death Note or Breaking Bad? It's kind of like that. :asd:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Actually you made my point. Many of the people desperate for change in politics, gave Obama a chance, now are giving Trump a chance. Obama, black, failed to meet their requirements, so it was time for a white.
Why not a different race? How about a yellow or a red? Or perhaps a brown?

And I wouldn't describe Trump as white.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Why not a different race? How about a yellow or a red? Or perhaps a brown?

And I wouldn't describe Trump as white.

Why not vote for people based on their policies and not what color they are, or what is between their legs?

• Agree
Reactions: Dave RP
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how much this has been covered on here, but I was astonished to see the POTUS re-tweeting stories from one of the most extreme right wing group in the UK, Britain First, without making any attempt to find out who the group were or whether the stories are true.

Britain First is an off-shoot of the British National Party, these followed on from the National Front, a semi fascist (neo Nazi), racist and violent right wing organisation with no electoral support. When the leader last stood for election in a UK election they got a few dozen votes.

It is truly shocking that the leader of the free world can re-tweet from this organisation and automatically give them a level of credence they don't deserve.

Trump is sewing the seeds of fear and Islamophobia to distract from his failing domestic policies, it is shameful that the "land of the free" can behave in such an appalling manner.

Then to launch a verbal assault on the UK Prime Minister because she pointed out how disgraceful Britain First are as an organisation drags the reputation of the US even lower.

Trump is an appalling human being, I remain astonished that a country I admire so much can elect such a man.
Incredible thing is some Trump supporters most honestly believe Trump is making America more respected around the world.

Strange times.

• Agree
Reactions: ximmix
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...obviously the people who say it's exclusively about race are ignoring a lot of details. Do I think there were some racially motivated votes for Trump?, yes. Do I think that's the majority of the votes for Trump? not at all.

While it's true that there was some affiliation switching in some of the Rust Belt states (many folks in those areas voted for Obama twice, preferred Sanders, but then went with Trump when it was clear the DNC had picked their "Chosen One").

However, to ignore race altogether is also short-sighted. There were some racial motivations behind the staunch support for Trump in the Southeast and certain pockets of the Southwest, however, it's not the "black/white" racial tension that people would assume it is. The same people who didn't like black people in 2016 were the same people who didn't like black people 5 years prior...Trump didn't cause that. He might have appealed to them more than democrats, but there certainly weren't any open-minded folks who accidentally walked into a Trump rally by mistake, and then joined the Klan two days later.

In a number of public polls, anti-immigration (specifically anti-Mexican immigration) sentiment was a substantial factor in his staunch support in those pockets of the country. While there was some party switching in the rust belt up north (as I mentioned earlier), there was a surge of new voter registration in a few of the southern states from people who had never voted before, but were presumably fired up by some of Trumps more, shall we say, harsh rhetoric about building walls, etc...
I think Trump brought out racists to vote in large numbers. They finally had someone who thought like them to vote for.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump is sewing the seeds of fear
Then to launch a verbal assault on the
Trump is an appalling human being, I remain astonished that a country I admire so much can elect such a man.

Relax he will probably be reelected.

Most of his supporters believe him to be right on task.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To be fair to poor & middle class GOP voters, how could anyone have possibly guessed that a self-proclaimed multi-millionaire son of a multi-millionaire would be interested in tax cuts for multi-millionaires?

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To be fair to poor & middle class GOP voters, how could anyone have possibly guessed that a self-proclaimed multi-millionaire son of a multi-millionaire would be interested in tax cuts for multi-millionaires?

Sorry my friend but you do not understand. Those multi-millionaire will let their money "trickle down" to the middle class. Just like our glorious leader.

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

You see! Glorious leader took that money from those children so that he could share it with the middle and lower class.

Those children should be working, not lounging about Cancer ward costing hard working Americans millions every day! Losers!

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Obama is from Chicago, with Illinois perhaps the poorest run state in the US.

New study ranks Illinois 2nd-worst in fiscal health - Illinois Policy Institute

Hillary is from Arkansas

OVERALL RANK
OUT OF 50
#48 US News

So you can clearly see why Trump had a shot at gaining the support of people seeking a better
financial picture. Even president Clinton held fast to the idea that the presidential race was about the economy, stupid.
Hillary is not from Arkansas. Posting correct facts goes a long way towards credibility.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are the videos wrong? Calling them "far right videos" without discussing the veracity of their content is really just an ad-hominem attack.

Imagine the headline: "baby killer claims sun sets in the west"

DOES the sun set in the west? If so, what is the point of the article's headline?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry my friend but you do not understand. Those multi-millionaire will let their money "trickle down" to the middle class.

Pretty sure the stories about Trump and trickling weren't talking about money.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0