LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That is a straw man. It's most definitely not about "scoring points". It is about getting the obamacare mandate eliminated. It is about returning individual freedom. It is about getting non-activist judges that respect the constitution, etc.

It is about securing our borders, re-enacting the rule of law, etc.

Since you are on the right and like that the left loses, was the individual mandate good when the right-wing thinktank Heritage Foundation proposed it years ago or was it always bad?

I respect the Constitution but I don't like strict constructionists. Acting like the Constitution was breathed by the Divine doesn't make any sense to me.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is a straw man. It's most definitely not about "scoring points". It is about getting the obamacare mandate eliminated. It is about returning individual freedom. It is about getting non-activist judges that respect the constitution, etc.

It is about securing our borders, re-enacting the rule of law, etc.
No. it's about conning the American people into believing all those things.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think about how many people have been convinced that there was a war on Christmas and somehow Trump brought Christmas back.
There actually was a war on Christmas. The evidence is everywhere. I remember Christmas displays that had been presented annually for decades being removed. And they still are. I remember employees being told to not say "merry Christmas". It is all real.

Trump didn't bring it back, but he instilled an empowerment that emboldened people to unapologetically acknowledge it publicly. That is one of the powers the bully pulpit brings any president.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
There actually was a war on Christmas. The evidence is everywhere. I remember Christmas displays that had been presented annually for decades being removed. And they still are. I remember employees being told to not say "merry Christmas". It is all real.
Do you mean public Christmas displays or private ones? Because there were a ton of private Christmas displayed.

Aren't you for freedom and all that? Shouldn't a business be able to tell employees to say "Happy Holidays" while they are on the clock? If those businesses were making that decision so as not to upset customers, why does that bother you? They just want more money, after all.
Trump didn't bring it back, but he instilled an empowerment that emboldened people to unapologetically acknowledge it publicly. That is one of the powers the bully pulpit brings any president.

People said Merry Christmas to me every single year I can remember. It never stopped. It never slowed down. This "war on Christmas" is made up.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No. I think he is exposing the whole mess for what it is. Like I said, I was against him because of it. Now that he is president, I see where he's going with it. I now see it as trolling. At least that is how I see his motivation.

This is the ultimate Trump apologist: 'I love it when lies to me!' 'It's awesome! He's destroying our relationship with our allies, and diminishing our standing on the world stage as a joke!' 'He says stupid things because he's so smart!' 'He hits me because he loves me!'

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

There is a Santa Claus!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean public Christmas displays or private ones? Because there were a ton of private Christmas displayed.

Aren't you for freedom and all that? Shouldn't a business be able to tell employees to say "Happy Holidays" while they are on the clock? If those businesses were making that decision so as not to upset customers, why does that bother you? They just want more money, after all.

People said Merry Christmas to me every single year I can remember. It never stopped. It never slowed down. This "war on Christmas" is made up.
My post addressed both the tangible removal of christmas displays as well as the "atmosphere" regarding the sharing of "merry Christmas" publicly. It was real.

Now, I'm not really a Christmas fan. We don't do gift exchanges and I'm not even into putting up a tree. For me, every day is both Christmas and Easter.

But that being said, the war on Christmas was real. I experienced it in Seattle, bu not here in rural KY, which addresses one of the reasons I left Seattle and moved to KY.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
  • Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My post addressed both the tangible removal of christmas displays as well as the "atmosphere" regarding the sharing of "merry Christmas" publicly. It was real.

Now, I'm not really a Christmas fan. We don't do gift exchanges and I'm not even into putting up a tree. For me, every day is both Christmas and Easter.

But that being said, the war on Christmas was real. I experienced it in Seattle, bu not here in rural KY, which addresses one of the reasons I left Seattle and moved to KY.

I don't believe you.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the ultimate Trump apologist: 'I love it when lies to me!' 'It's awesome! He's destroying our relationship with our allies, and diminishing our standing on the world stage as a joke!' 'He says stupid things because he's so smart!' 'He hits me because he loves me!'
Take it for what it's worth. I've been lied to by every politician I've ever heard, so Trump is no different in that area. I learned, several months ago, to ignore what he says, other than for comic relief. Rather, I watch what he does.

One reason I was against him was that I didn't think he was a conservative. However, what he has done since being elected makes him more conservative than Reagan. I love it!

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

You moved to Kentucky because people wished you 'Happy Holidays?'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Take it for what it's worth. I've been lied to by every politician I've ever heard, so Trump is no different in that area. I learned, several months ago, to ignore what he says, other than for comic relief. Rather, I watch what he does.

One reason I was against him was that I didn't think he was a conservative. However, what he has done since being elected makes him more conservative than Reagan. I love it!

Richard Spencer is also more conservative than Reagan.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe you.
You'd have a fun conversation with my wife. She's a Christmas junkie. But I'm not. I don't celebrate my birthday either. Every day is the same for me. I see each day as a new lifetime.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟565,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not seeing the evidence of that, other than a red herring here and there. And the right is, by its very nature, anti-fascist.
Fascism is a far-right ideology. It is extreme nationalism, racism and exaltation of the state over everyone else.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You moved to Kentucky because people wished you 'Happy Holidays?'
No. I moved for a lot of reasons, but the spirit that exists in Seattle regarding things like that is one of the reasons. The traffic as a huge one, but the politics and culture were major players as well.

Upvote 0