Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a theory that Trump is running only to expose the homophobia, xenophobia, & other ills in society as an experiment. I.e, he doesn't believe what he says, nor is he intending to make it to the White House. There is another theory that he is a "mole" - someone politically planted as a distraction.

I don't know if either theory is true, but I do find it difficult to know what Trump really believes, given his history, or what level of damage his presidency would do. Cruz is probably the most troubling candidate for me, with Trump right behind him.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's an interesting theory but it seems unlikely. The Democrats are always talking about how the GOP is finished and outdated; if they had to use Trump to shake the party up then it tells me the Republicans are a bigger threat than they're willing to admit, not to mention Trump has gained a lead that neither party could have anticipated.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump could be the 21st century equivalent of the prior green party candidates of old. Only this time the ruse is aspiring to situate itself into the mainstream party. Trump has always been Democrat. His running on this ticket was suspect from the start.
Unless he wins. What then?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's an interesting the
ory but it seems unlikely. The Democrats are always talking about how the GOP is finished and outdated; if they had to use Trump to shake the party up then it tells me the Republicans are a bigger threat than they're willing to admit, not to mention Trump has gained a lead that neither party could have anticipated.
They'll lie as much as they can get away with. If the Democrats can convince just enough sheeple that they're right, they'll be able to get their opponents out of the way. Trump is a very logical choice to make that final push to do that. The intention would be to either put Clinton in power, or at least get done what both of them want done. Either way, they would fracture and badly damage the Republican party, and there's enough partisan dislike to make that an end itself.

Even if he's not a plant, I believe that center-left newspeople saw the potential for making this happen, and good ratings. Hence, they they gave Trump the attention he wanted, hoping it would make the party implode. But they might not have counted on Trump having a legitimate chance of winning the Presidency.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump is unconventional. He doesn't fit into the neat little ideological boxes we have come to expect. Therefore, all manner of off-the-wall theories about his candidacy are going to surface...and have.

It would be a mistake to take them seriously, especially the ones that say that he is doing all this--and taking all the death threats, loss of contracts, etc. etc., simply to help the candidate of the other party (Hillary) who would have just about been guaranteed victory if she were to go up against any of the Republicans other than Trump

Upvote 0