Trump supporters: Why did Trump have dozens of boxes of classified documents after leaving office?

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act, warrant reveals

as I mentioned acording to this
---------------------------
But whether the former president actually declassified the documents may not ultimately matter. The Espionage Act, for instance, does not distinguish between classified and declassified materials – unauthorized retention of any document relevant to the statute remains a crime.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
630f36f78eb048001899c008.jpeg
Why assume anything? You know what it makes out of u and me when you assume.;)

…and the burden of proof, of course, is always on Trump’s accusers.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Again, the premise of your question is unproven.

"A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter..."

"According to people familiar with the matter"? Can you be any more vague?

An empty folder with classified markings is just an empty folder.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Then where are the documents that had supposedly filled that folder?
Or do they have “preprinted” folders that have “classified” printed onto them and President Trump just took a few for old-time’s-sake? like my auntie who stole pencils from HJ Heinz? (This isn’t “better”, btw).

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter..."

Actually, I think there's a subtle message to be found in that. Ordinarily, it might say according to "government officials" or "law enforcement who would not speak on the record". It suggests to me that the source is not in government.

Riddle me this: Who would know what was taken from Trump's estate who was not in government?

• Agree
Reactions: CitizenD
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly the title: A question for Trump supporters.

Why only Trump supporters?

What is the legitimate purpose for Trump possessing dozens of boxes of classified documents after leaving office?

How can anyone know this without knowing what is on the documents?

The real question is....why are the FBI going after a president for possessing information he had access to during his presidency?

The man has all sorts of information that he could sell to foreign countries if he wanted to. Detailed information about how Air Force 1 operates, how the nuclear football works, the kinds of situations and circumstances that his Secret Service detail considers high risk and why, and all sorts of dirt on foreign officials that would be valuable to others....

Even if he only retained a tiny amount of the knowledge he was exposed to.....it's not like he is going to bump into anyone who has more knowledge for the rest of his life....with the exception of other president's, CIA directors, and certain military intelligence officials.

If this was an issue of him simply having documents that were unsecured....fine....they're secured.

If this was an issue of him trying to share information with someone he shouldn't, they better have evidence for it.

If it's simply a matter of "we don't trust this guy with national secrets" ....too bad. There's no avoiding it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The real question is....why are the FBI going after a president for possessing information he had access to during his presidency?

Because the documents don't belong to him. And holding onto things that don't belong to you is stealing.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because the documents don't belong to him.

Like I said, if that’s the issue, they have recovered the documents.

And holding onto things that don't belong to you is stealing.

Word? I guess if the Republicans take the house you'll see a lot of FBI raids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I think there's a subtle message to be found in that. Ordinarily, it might say according to "government officials" or "law enforcement who would not speak on the record". It suggests to me that the source is not in government.

Riddle me this: Who would know what was taken from Trump's estate who was not in government?

A leak in his staff.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act, warrant reveals

as I mentioned acording to this
---------------------------
But whether the former president actually declassified the documents may not ultimately matter. The Espionage Act, for instance, does not distinguish between classified and declassified materials – unauthorized retention of any document relevant to the statute remains a crime.

It does distinguish between those with intent and those without it....

"with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation"

We don't assume intent....that has to be shown.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, we will see a lot of congressional subpoenas. (which have been promised)

Oh I'm sure we will....after the raids.

These people all know or have a very good idea what they are into that could be criminal. Most of it slides....because otherwise no one would get anything done.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Oh I'm sure we will....after the raids.

These people all know or have a very good idea what they are into that could be criminal. Most of it slides....because otherwise no one would get anything done.

I really don't know what you're trying to insinuate. Can you make it more explicit so it will be easier to tell you you were wrong when the GOP takes the House (as seems likely)?

Who will be raided by the FBI?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know what you're trying to insinuate. Can you make it more explicit so it will be easier to tell you you were wrong when the GOP takes the House (as seems likely)?

Who will be raided by the FBI?

Well they'll probably just snatch up Hillary cuz her case is effectively done.

Then work your way on down....Biden/Hunter, Pelosi, Schumer, Warren,...all the way down to the Omars and AOCs.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Like I said, if that’s the issue, they have recovered the documents.
When law enforcement executes a warrant and stolen goods are recovered, that means the thief goes free, no charges.
Interesting.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When law enforcement executes a warrant and stolen goods are recovered, that means the thief goes free, no charges.
Interesting.

Hillary had 190+ classified emails on her private server at home.

Yeah. We sort of let these things slide.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, the premise of your question is unproven.

Setting yourself up.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0