Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought that candidates chose their running mates for 'balance,' but this would be the most un-balanced ticket I have ever seen.

Obama, for example, chose Biden because he had vast experience in foreign relations, and Obama did not.

Trump chose Pence because he had political experience as a governor and former Congressmen, and he brought a seriousness and unwavering conservative religiosity to the ticket.

It would be great comedy fodder for SNL, Comedy Central, Colbert, and every other satirist in the country--but in 2016, lots of people laughed their way to a loss that was devastating to the country--and the joke was on them.

For months, Trump has 'repeatedly' discussed choosing Marjorie Taylor Greene as his 2024 running mate: journalist (msn.com)

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
upload_2022-10-22_10-39-29.png

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I thought that candidates chose their running mates for 'balance,' but this would be the most un-balanced ticket I have ever seen.

Obama, for example, chose Biden because he had vast experience in foreign relations, and Obama did not.

Trump chose Pence because he had political experience as a governor and former Congressmen, and he brought a seriousness and unwavering conservative religiosity to the ticket.

It would be great comedy fodder for SNL, Comedy Central, Colbert, and every other satirist in the country--but in 2016, lots of people laughed their way to a loss that was devastating to the country--and the joke was on them.

For months, Trump has 'repeatedly' discussed choosing Marjorie Taylor Greene as his 2024 running mate: journalist (msn.com)
If this were a sane country, I’d say that this choice would be a death knell to his campaign.

This is not a sane country…

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't see why this matters since Trump isn't running for president.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why this matters since Trump isn't running for president.

He sure keeps acting like he will.

To the topic at hand, given only about 25% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of her and that drops in the toilet among independents, I don't think he would ultimately make that decision. Though he certainly might say it a lot this year to keep attention on his probable campaign.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

To the topic at hand, given only about 25% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of her and that drops in the toilet among independents, I don't think he would ultimately make that decision. Though he certainly might say it a lot this year to keep attention on his probable campaign.
I think he either is trolling democrats or will not get the GOP nomination. Honestly, Trump is the best and only hope of Biden getting reelected. Which is exactly why the left insists on keeping Trump the center of attention. Such as threads like these. As I have said before, the hatred of Trump and killing unborn babies are the only things unifying the DNC. Take Trump out of the picture, the only thing left is killing unborn babies. And given a multitude of issues that most Americans find more pressing, Democrats won't have a chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think he either is trolling democrats or will not get the GOP nomination. Honestly, Trump is the best and only hope of Biden getting reelected. Which is exactly why the left insists on keeping Trump the center of attention. Such as threads like these. As I have said before, Trump and killing unborn babies are the only things unifying the DNC. Take Trump out of the picture, the only thing left is killing unborn babies. And given a multitude of issues that most Americans fine more pressing, Democrats won't have a chance.
I was thinking the same thing. Should he run, Trump would divide the GOP even more (either in the primaries, as the GOP candidate, or as an independent). He'd guarantee a DNC win.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking the same thing. Should he run, Trump would divide the GOP even more (either in the primaries, as the GOP candidate, or as an independent). He'd guarantee a DNC win.
Yes, as much as liberals claim otherwise, nothing more would please them than if Trump received the GOP nomination for 2024. Without that, they literally have nothing left but unborn baby killing.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JMHO, but I think the best thing the GOP could do is nominate Nikki Haley or someone like her. She is a solid conservative but has shown a willingness to think independently when best for her constituents as a whole (SC State flag issue comes to mind). Most importantly, she talks about shifting the GOP to being more active with putting forth proposals and legislation, rather than just opposing the democrats and engaging in culture war issues. The GOP has lost that balance in my opinion and is seen mainly for what they are against rather than what they are for. I'm sure there are several other people who would fit that same mold, and if they put forth an experienced, energetic, younger candidate with a true balanced platform and ideas, I think the GOP will be unbeatable. Put forth Trump, and it will be tough to win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think he either is trolling democrats or will not get the GOP nomination. Honestly, Trump is the best and only hope of Biden getting reelected. Which is exactly why the left insists on keeping Trump the center of attention. Such as threads like these. As I have said before, the hatred of Trump and killing unborn babies are the only things unifying the DNC. Take Trump out of the picture, the only thing left is killing unborn babies. And given a multitude of issues that most Americans fine more pressing, Democrats won't have a chance.
Him not getting the nomination would sting his ego, but there is a whole lot of money to be made in campaigning.

Donald John doesn't care about the Republican Party. He only ran on that ticket because the Democrats, the party he belonged to all his life (for practical reason, NYC was mostly run by the Dems), because a spot was open and because he hated Obama for making fun of him.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump wins by being underestimated.
All those voters who stayed home in 2016 saw the "urgent emergency" in 2018 and 2020 and came out in droves

Yes, we still have some denial. It took me two minutes to read the character (or lack thereof) of the 2016 candidate. How can people not see it in 6 years?
But the stakes our too high to stay home. We need to overwhelm his base with sheer numbers.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

The only thing this will do is increase republicans opinions on Greene as all Trump supporters will suddenly have always liked her.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Him not getting the nomination would sting his ego, but there is a whole lot of money to be made in campaigning.

Donald John doesn't care about the Republican Party. He only ran on that ticket because the Democrats, the party he belonged to all his life (for practical reason, NYC was mostly run by the Dems), because a spot was open and because he hated Obama for making fun of him.
That is a lot of unsubstantiated bitterness and hatred. You have proven my point about the left being unified in their hatred for Trump.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't really believe he isn't going to announce it, do you?
Nope. After the midterms, he will likely endorse candidates. But he most likely will not run himself. If he does, even his cult following will not get him past the primaries. If he is lucky enough to get that, the GOP lost their minds and Biden gets his second lame duck term with a GOP senate and house.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a given, given his compulsion to do so.

Not so... the GOP knows that if Donald is not nominated, he'll run as an independent, siphon the MAGA vote away from the GOP, and hand Biden an easy re-election,

AND/OR

Howl about Deep State election fraud that'll put his less-hinged followers in a tizzy that'll make 1/6 look like a church picnic... this time, aimed squarely at the GOP.

As long as Donald's still breathing, the GOP has to know that 2024 is a lost cause... he's pathologically unable to let go of his 2020 loss, and he knows 2024 his last realistic chance for payback -- which is the only thing he's got going for him, besides the protection that the office will give him from criminal and civil lawsuits.

A fact known to everybody except Donald himself.
Again. A lot of unsubstantiated hatred that proves my point about democrats being unified on their hatred for Trump.

• Agree
Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,338.00
Faith
Seeker
That is a lot of unsubstantiated bitterness and hatred. You have proven my point about the left being unified in their hatred for Trump.
???exactly what is unsubstantiated and bitter about saying Trump used to be a Democrat and likes getting revenge ?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Again. A lot of unsubstantiated hatred that proves my point about democrats being unified on their hatred for Trump.

The only issue that truly unites Democrats is their opposition to Trump. If Disantis ran, the Democrat turnout would be greatly less (and the Republican also).

Upvote 0