Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. It's an interesting question you've raised, and I suppose that there are some similarities that could be cited. You named one right away. He's a politician but hasn't wanted to tell the religion or religious leaders how to run their affairs.

However, that is the very thing that everybody on these forums talks about when it comes to Constantine--that he wanted to direct the Christian faith, that he (allegedly) meddled in the religion's belief system, and so on.

Therefore, and in answer to your question, I think it has to be a "No."

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Constantine used Christianity to win a civil war by appealing to Christians of the opposing forces. The division we see today in the US seems to have little Christianity on the opposing side to appeal to. This is not to say the old left was not Christian but that the new opposition has taken over the old party and replaced it with a global entity more interested in their new world than the Kingdom. So not much there for Trump to work with..

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that he wanted to direct the Christian faith, that he (allegedly) meddled in the religion's belief system, and so on.
And the religion was quick to accept his offer of a partnership in world power, thus broadsiding the alternate Kingdom they were originally supposed to represent.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to compare Trump to Constantine, whom do you compare Biden to ?

I don't see any comparison to the two me, as both have weak characters.

Great leaders generally have principles they follow. Despite their mistakes, they still shaped the world to evolve into what we have today.

Neither Biden nor Trump have such characteristics.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And the religion was quick to accept his offer of a partnership in world power, thus broadsiding the alternate Kingdom they were originally supposed to represent.
If you wish, but the subject is mainly about Trump, not just what we think of Constantine.

Trump has no intention to partner with the Christian churches to achieve world power or anything of the sort.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And the source of these "statistics" is..?

How many lives has Planned Parenthood saved? Undoubtedly, many millions. Don't let the truth get in your way as you exit.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you wish, but the subject is mainly about Trump, not just what we think of Constantine.

Trump has no intention to partner with the Christian churches to achieve world power or anything of the sort.

You're joking, right? Trump is obsessed with power and will use the church to get his way. We already saw that when he used tear gas and flash-bang bombs to clear non-violent protesters so he could have a photo-op at a church he doesn't attend.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

How many lives has Planned Parenthood saved? Undoubtedly, many millions. Don't let the truth get in your way as you exit.
How can an abortion be represented as saving a life, let alone the millions who are on Planned Parenthood's record of accomplishments?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How can an abortion be represented as saving a life, let alone the millions who are on Planned Parenthood's record of accomplishments?

We're going off topic here, but many abortions are performed to save the life of the mother. So you agree (at last!) that Planned Parenthood has saved millions of lives! Great!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're joking, right?

Nope. Maybe you never looked at it this way, but you should.

And as for the "many abortions are performed to save the life of the mother," that's bunk. Some are, but the great majority are purely elective, performed because the mother-to-be doesn't want to be pregnant and/or a mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Sorry but that's not the case.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Remind me again how Planned Parenthood saves millions of lives when at a minimum they extinguish over 300,000 babies annually.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Remind me again how Planned Parenthood saves millions of lives when at a minimum they extinguish over 300,000 babies annually.

Okay. Planned Parenthood offers all women, regardless of ethnicity, wealth, etc. medical care that pertains to being female. This includes annual exams, STD detection and treatment, birth control, and many other kinds of ob-gyn care. If you were a woman you would appreciate the vital services they render, but instead you go out of your way to smear them.

"Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people worldwide. Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit under EIN 13-1644147. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law."

"Extinguishing" (at a minimum -- very scientific!) over 300,000 babies is not only fiction, but worded in such a nonscientific way as to arouse hateful emotions in people (such as yourself).

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be fair, they have probably done millions of pap smears and breast exams for women with no insurance. They have provided birth control for women with medical problems where pregnancy might be a real danger.

I often wonder about the sonogram pregnancy health centers do. If the sonogram showed an ectopic pregnancy, would they tell the woman or just say a JMJ that she would get to a hospital on time when she started to bleed out. Would they tell them if there were conjoined twins? Anencephaly? Would their agenda interfere with good medical care?
I have never been in a situation where I might have chosen abortion. I would not have wanted to be railroaded in either direction.
I belueve women in that situation need qualified therapists--not intervention in either direction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
They murder at a minimum 300k babies a year. That's a fact.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unlike a branch of Christianity within the US that seeks to align with him or any elected leader for their own glory. Both leaders seek votes from groups they have no affiliation with. That is why Biden takes advantage of the black vote which the Dems have done nothing for since the Kennedys.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps salvation in this case is the freedom to breed without consequence.

Upvote 0