Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you have been following the news closely since the Inauguration, you know that that proviso is already a dead letter.

Come on now, I know Trump has been trying his best, but it’s pure hyperbole to say the constitution is totally dead. You’d have to give him another 4 years for that.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,952.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
At a private breakfast this morning Trump implied the whistleblower is a spy and then suggested what we used to do with spies....

Trump:
“I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy,” he continued. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”
Prediction: in this thread we'll see a lot of people pretending this isn't a threat of murder.

Yes we did handle treason differently. We used to require the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act. Oh and that act had to be making war on the United States or giving aid to their enemies.

Despite his desires Trump is not King and here in the U.S. speaking against the president is not treason.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If you have been following the news closely since the Inauguration, you know that that proviso is already a dead letter.
How, specifically, has the Constitution been violated? Even now, the Democrats are contemplating a constitutional removal from office--not a coup.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,306.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sure it is.

Many coups have first gotten rid of the head of government and then had to follow that up by getting rid of his successor, usually someone less formidable.

Evidence please.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟570,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,952.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It’s not a coup. It’s not remotely a coup. And it’s more than a little troubling to see a board mod peddling such ridiculous, paranoid, demonstrably false conspiracy theories. The job is “moderate”, not “inflame”.

It may well be to me, but then I played both Bridge and Chess growing up.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟492,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It matters not what he actually said. What's important is how something he said can be twisted to make it sound like he said something else.
You know, I'm reading lots of posts like this. But for some reason, none of them actually post what he "really" meant that makes it not such a big deal.

Maybe the RNC / RT talking points have already been e-mailed to Democratic Congressional leaders like last time and we're just left out of the loop.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.