Trump has just put out a video BEGGING Congress to investigate the "corrupt FBI" and "corrupt DOJ". Does he even know how Separation of Powers works?

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe how Trump is behaving now.
He thinks he can say whatever he wants about the court proceedings and defendants under first amendment rights, but this is once instance where I understand you don't have those rights! You're bound by laws that cover fair trials to not say defamatory, inflammatory, intimidating stuff about the court or judge or witnesses on whatever platforms you have.

Trump uses the logic of the mafia: "If you go after me, I'm coming after you!" and then posts pictures of people he has disagreements.

In other words, dog-whispering to his crazy manic supporters - "go get them!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe how Trump is behaving now.
He thinks he can say whatever he wants about the court proceedings and defendants under first amendment rights, but this is once instance where I understand you don't have those rights! You're bound by laws that cover fair trials to not say defamatory, inflammatory, intimidating stuff on whatever platforms you have.

Trump uses the logic of the mafia: "If you go after me, I'm coming after you!" and then posts pictures of people he has disagreements.

In other words, dog-whispering to his crazy manic supporters - "go get them!"
A man, a Trump supporter, was killed by the FBI today in Provo, Utah. He had been posting on Facebook about assassinations for months but just lately directly against Biden and Harris. Biden is to be in Salt Lake, Utah tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's really sad. :( The poor man probably thought he was going to be helping America! The FBI did what they had to do! Good on them! But see what Trump's narcissistic crazed conspiracy theories have caused? Jan 6 continues...

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Update: Judge sends STRONG warning about court being moved forward if there are any inflammatory remarks.
Will Trump be able to restrain himself?
(I'll get the popcorn!)
Let the shows begin!

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If Trump is convicted of the insurrection the constitution bars him from taking office
There seems to be no “legal mechanism” for the last clause of the 14th amendment; just “if…then”, how does one mount a defense?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
A Jury Of His Peers?

Just like the Jan 6th case against Trump in DC, where 77% of the voting population are registered democrats, with only 5% republican

Banana Republic
Understanding words matters....

"In a legal context, peer most often refers to anyone who is an adult citizen, such as in “a jury of one’s peers.” Generally, a jury of one’s peers is a random selection of other citizens from a similar geographic location. These individuals do not necessarily share traits similar to a defendant’s. As such, there is no guarantee that those who hear a defendant’s case will be of a similar age, race, socio-economic background, or gender as the defendant, though these traits alone cannot disqualify someone from serving as a juror."

The crime was performed in Washington DC, where trump lived. He will be judged by adult citizens who live in Washington DC. That's the law.

There is no law restricting any free American to move to another country to find a life surrounded by like-minded people.

Upvote 0