Trump-endorsed Wisconsin GOP governor candidate calls for ‘pitchforks and torches’

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think they are with their challenge to the free democratic process. If one of them loses, they blame a corrupt democratic system rather than them getting fewer votes. Dangerous rhetoric.
Plus, per the OP, the calls for vigilante violence against those who report the truth about them.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don’t understand this story at all. Michels is the pro-life candidate in that race. Why is he upset by this? He should be proud of his donations to pro-life groups. He puts his money where is mouth is. Instead he is whining about it. How he is acting make it look as if he believes being pro-life is a political liability.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Even Youtube hasn't censored the many videos that prove it did. Need proof? Go to youtube.com and type in "BLM riot". Plenty of material there, but most not suitable to post here due to language and violent content.

You didn't even look at the links. Many people were investigated and arrested and sentenced for their violent crimes associated with BLM protests. Your suggestion that they all got a pass is just false.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Are we back to the schoolyard arguments? 'I know I broke a window but he broke 2! Why pick on me?' Does that justify doing something wrong? Or, in this case, suggesting that wrong should be done?

I really don't get it. Whenever something is shown to be obviously and undeniably the wrong thing to do, the response is always, but always 'But other people did worse things!' Do you honestly think that excuses it in any way? If not, and I sincerely hope it doesn't, then why not address the problem directly and we can forget about the continuous deflections.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t understand this story at all. Michels is the pro-life candidate in that race. Why is he upset by this? He should be proud of his donations to pro-life groups. He puts his money where is mouth is. Instead he is whining about it. How he is acting make it look as if he believes being pro-life is a political liability.

That's the gist of it. I'm not sure why he thinks threatening violence is the appropriate response to people demonstrating what your true beliefs/actions are.

The response was simply spot on:

“Instead of explaining why he’s funding groups working to ban access to abortion and contraception, Tim Michels is encouraging violence,” Roecker wrote. “He’s too radical for Wisconsin.”

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You didn't even look at the links. Many people were investigated and arrested and sentenced for their violent crimes associated with BLM protests. Your suggestion that they all got a pass is just false.

Then people like Kamala harris helped bail them out, then became their cheerleader: "They won't stop, they shouldn't stop!"

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It all goes according to the narrative. It is the propaganda bureau's job to downplay the regime's sins and magnify the opposition's sins. Just politics. I just think they have gone too far.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is he whining about it? The article did say:
"Michels defended his giving to pregnancy resource centers, Wisconsin Right to Life and Pro Life Wisconsin, saying “we believe women who may feel overwhelmed by an unplanned pregnancy need and deserve compassion, love, support and options other than abortion.

“I apologize for none of it,” Michels wrote."

That said, as someone who lives in Wisconsin and is thus seeing ads, pretty much all of the anti-Michels ads I'm seeing are focusing on his abortion positions as being too extreme. Since that seems to be their go-to attack on him (in fact, I haven't seen any attack ad that attacks him for anything other than that), I can see why he might want to try to play that down a bit.

It's actually rather surprising to me that Michels won the primary. The only real achievement that Michels can point to in politics is the fact he won the Republican primary for Senator back in 2004 (he tried in 1998 as well but lost that time). But then he got stomped in the main election, 55% to 44%. For comparison, remember that while Bush did lose Wisconsin in 2004, he only did so barely (49.7% to 49.3%). So it's not like you were guaranteed to lose as a Republican. After that, Michels basically disappeared from politics until this year, when he abruptly entered the governor election.

Michels did get the Trump endorsement which is obviously a big deal, but probably the reason he won was the fact he went really, really hard on ads. His main competition was Rebecca Kleefisch (former Lieutenant Governor), and I barely saw any ads from her, which was surprising to me--even if Michels had more money (he's fairly wealthy and thus could self-fund his stuff), she still didn't seem to be hard up on donations from what I could tell. Maybe she was focusing her ads elsewhere in the state, but the difference was very noticeable. Michels also made absolutely sure to stress his Trump endorsement in his ads, whereas I don't recall Kleefisch making note of endorsements in her ads (she got endorsements from reasonably high profile people like Mike Pence, Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Sarah Sanders, and former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker). Granted, maybe I'm misremembering things due to there being so few ads for her I saw.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then people like Kamala harris ... became their cheerleader: "They won't stop, they shouldn't stop!"

She was discussing protests, not rioting or violence.

"I know there are protests still happening in major cities across the United States, I'm just not seeing the reporting on it that I had for the first few weeks," Colbert said.

"That's right," Harris replied. "But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you."

--

Elsewhere, she's been explicit about her opinion of violence in these situations.

"We must always defend peaceful protest and peaceful protesters," she said. "We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence, including the shooter who was arrested for murder."

"Make no mistake, we will not let these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice," she added.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She was discussing protests, not rioting or violence.

"I know there are protests still happening in major cities across the United States, I'm just not seeing the reporting on it that I had for the first few weeks," Colbert said.

"That's right," Harris replied. "But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you."

--

Elsewhere, she's been explicit about her opinion of violence in these situations.

"We must always defend peaceful protest and peaceful protesters," she said. "We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence, including the shooter who was arrested for murder."

"Make no mistake, we will not let these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice," she added.

And yet, she helped bail them out. Perhaps letting "these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice" was the idea after all. It set the stage for the crime-waves we're still seeing, where black guys can punch an Asian woman in the face for no reason after he was let out without bail for something similar. Or they can be allowed to ransack a drug store in broad daylight without fear of consequences, even though they're being recorded.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And yet, she helped bail them out. Perhaps letting "these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice" was the idea after all. It set the stage for the crime-waves we're still seeing, where black guys can punch an Asian woman in the face for no reason after he was let out without bail for something similar. Or they can be allowed to ransack a drug store in broad daylight without fear of consequences, even though they're being recorded.
Maybe you are unclear on the use of bail in our Nation?
If a person (or someone on a person’s behalf) “throws bail”, the person for whom the bail is set, still must appear before whatever court (unless the DA deems it nolle prosequi), for adjudication at a later date.
Justice is served.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you are unclear on the use of bail in our Nation?
If a person (or someone on a person’s behalf) “throws bail”, the person for whom the bail is set, still must appear before whatever court (unless the DA deems it nolle prosequi), for adjudication at a later date.
Justice is served.

Justice is only served if the person who bail-jumped is caught. With so many of those people in and out of the system, there's not enough manpower to track them all down.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Justice is only served if the person who bail-jumped is caught. With so many of those people in and out of the system, there's not enough manpower to track them all down.
Are you privy to a list of all of the people who jumped bail and their rap sheets, or are you just assuming that people rounded up in BLM protests will have jumped bail?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You only need one bounty hunter.......

220px-Dog-Chapman_%28cropped%29.jpg

Upvote 0