• No, Trump will win the nomination but lose to Hillary Clinton

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No, Trump will lose the GOP nomination

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Can't say right now need more info

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I'm not American but like Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Americans are so weird with Trump mania!

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On that, the public petition having risen to 572,407 signatures, The British Parliament have announced that, against normal practice*, Parliament will debate the petition to bar Mr Trump from entering the UK on 18 January 2016.

If he is barred and later becomes US president, now that could be a little awkward.

(*exclusions are not usually the business of the house itself.)

What international law did Trump violate?

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are a democrat right? Trump is for single payer healthcare. Is that not a goal of democrats?
Trump has expressed support for single-payer and for privatizing social security. There is no coherent economic policy. He is neither liberal nor conservative nor moderate. He's a crazy quilt, a dream that changes while you're dreaming. He used to support Clinton.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are a democrat right? Trump is for single payer healthcare. Is that not a goal of democrats?

He's also probably the closest thing you can get to actually anti-immigration.

The biggest issue I have with him is that he has no sense of diplomacy. He seems to the think that President of the United States is the CEO of America, and that's simply not true. The more pressing issue with diplomacy is our enemies, you can't treat your competition and enemies in the world of international politics in the same way you can treat your competitions and enemies in the business world.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was, he said he isn't anymore because it isn't feasible today.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Parliament actually did address the petition and stated that while they do not support Trump's views, they cannot legally bar him from the U.K. unless he broke U.K. law or was a danger to the UK.

Has my government been lying to me? The last time I checked the petition site was saying that a formal debate was scheduled for 18th January. One week to go.

It would be nearer the latter category:
"The Secretary of State has personally directed that the applicant’s exclusion from the UK is conducive to the public good"
Most often used for controversial individuals whose meetings would be likely to attract violent support and or opposition, or exacerbate social tensions.

This is the first time, I think, when the *public* has petitioned in respect of any individual and got to the 100,000 limit for "will be considered" (nothing more).

The policy of naming those officially banned was only in place for a short period, but Wiki has a page noting those oficially named,and other known to have been banned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_banned_from_entering_the_United_Kingdom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What international law did Trump violate?

see#28. He doesn't have to have. Being sufficiently undesirable in the eyes of the current Home Secretary is enough.
"for the good of the people"
Though I think this is the first "people-requested" consideration.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mercury Analytics, which is run by a Democrat, recorded live audience reaction to the Trump ad. You can see it graphed in real time in this clip. The blue is Dems, the green, Indies, the red, Repubs. And the orange line on top? Crossover Dems.

In addition, MA found that the 20% of Dems who would cross over to Trump were much more settled than the 14% of Pubs who would go for H.

You can skip to 1:20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
see#28. He doesn't have to have. Being sufficiently undesirable in the eyes of the current Home Secretary is enough.
"for the good of the people"
Though I think this is the first "people-requested" consideration.

I just find it odd they would do it for the good of the people. They let in wife beaters, drug addicts and sharia law whack jobs all the time. Not to mention those who sexually abuse women and used to live at 1600 PN ave.

Add to that all the criminally insane rock stars.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I just find it odd they would do it for the good of the people. They let in wife beaters, drug addicts and sharia law whack jobs all the time. Not to mention those who sexually abuse women and used to live at 1600 PN ave.

Add to that all the criminally insane rock stars.

We don't know all of those banned, indeed only a minority of them, but it certainly includes a range of Islamic preachers.
(with the counter argument going: "don't ban them, but let them in and destroy them in debate.")

Not letting people in due to having criminal records comes under a separate clause.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Actually the majority of people denied access to the UK through this procedure have been Islamists. Basically, this law was created for them, though has subsequently been used to also deny access to some non-Islamists.

There were already rules in place to deny access to those convicted of certain crimes. A famous example is Chris Brown, who was barred for his assault conviction. Wife beaters are not welcome.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump Could Win It All
Source: US News & World Report
URL Source:http://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic ... real-threat-to-hillary-clinton
Published:Jan 9, 2016
Author:James Warren

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...ald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

A new survey shows a sizable number of Democrats ready to defect from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

View attachment 168409

So if Donald Trump proved the political universe wrong and won the Republican presidential nomination, he would be creamed by Hillary Clinton, correct?

A new survey of likely voters might at least raise momentary dyspepsia for Democrats since it suggests why it wouldn't be a cakewalk.

The survey by Washington-based Mercury Analytics is a combination online questionnaire and "dial-test" of Trump's first big campaign ad among 916 self-proclaimed "likely voters" (this videoshows the ad and the dial test results). It took place primarily Wednesday and Thursday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent.

Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they'd cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they'd vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are "100 percent sure" of switching than the Republicans.

When the firmed showed respondents the Trump ad, and assessed their responses to each moment of it, it found "the primary messages of Trump's ad resonated more than Democratic elites would hope."

About 25 percent of Democrats "agree completely" that it raises some good point, with an additional 19 percent agreeing at least "somewhat."

More at link.

There is a sticky for poll threads in American Politics, FYI. The poll here is mostly a reaction to one ad by Trump. Trying to extrapolate that to how people will vote in November seems sketchy to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trump is doing so well because he's everything the establishment isn't. He doesn't care about political correctness, he calls people out on the stupid things they say, he says exactly what's on his mind and he's not interested in being a career politician. I think a lot people underestimate the anger and exhaustion the country feels with both parties, making Trump a viable candidate because he's relatable. I appreciate his honesty.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those voting the Hillary option may be disappointed. The news is starting to rumble with word she may be indicted soon.

Which is good for us Sanders supporters.

He doesn't care about political correctness, he calls people out on the stupid things they say, he says exactly what's on his mind and he's not interested in being a career politician.

This is exactly why he would make a terrible world leader. At the moment, he can say things without any real repercussions. He doesn't seem to understand is that that's not how it works when you are President of the United States, that the President of the United States is not the CEO of America. He's been a businessman his whole life, all he has known is competition and essentially getting his way. That's not how international politics works. I've heard that he expects Mexico at least partially pay for this wall, but what is he going to do when they say no? Embargo one of our largest trading partners? Invade one of our closest military allies? I can't see him not getting his way. What is he going to do if Iran does something he doesn't like? Russia? North Korea? China? I don't fear for just the United States if Trump becomes President, I fear for the entire world.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Trump is doing so well because he's everything the establishment isn't. He doesn't care about political correctness, he calls people out on the stupid things they say, he says exactly what's on his mind and he's not interested in being a career politician. I think a lot people underestimate the anger and exhaustion the country feels with both parties, making Trump a viable candidate because he's relatable. I appreciate his honesty.
Crazy people babbling on the street corner say what is on their minds and they are not politically correct, yet most of us would not vote for a babbling fool simply because they are different....

Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are people who mourn the loss of hegemony in a diverse country. They mistake Trump's brash rhetoric for real power, which he will never have. This is a sideshow which would be poignant if it wasn't so ugly and loud.

Trump is not going to change the system, or the Republican party. Republican business owners want cheap, vulnerable workers from Latin America. The government will never attempt to deport millions of people. Trump is likely aware of all this but he still wants to vent his anger in front of cheering crowds. He's just having his fun for awhile.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0