St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"President Trump, meeting with the nation’s governors, conceded Monday that he had not been aware of the complexities of health care policy-making: “I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

:doh:

Do you believe this? Reforming health insurance was one his major campaign issues. And he didn't realize how difficult and convoluted it is. How dim-witted and uninformed can anyone be?

But the obvious answer is out there if he's willing to see it. A hybrid single-payer insurance plan based on the Medicare model is the only thing that can work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/...aw-overhaul-is-unbelievably-complex.html?_r=0

Reactions: Cimorene

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Somebody needs to inform him that rocket science & brain surgery are really hard too. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already boasted that he could do either better than anybody else, lol.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jayem,

Just imagine what a well oiled machine our government would be if we replaced everyone with others who don't have a clue how our government works and the complexities of the issues that they deal with on a day to day basis. President Trump comes from a business background where he can play the 'whatever I say goes' card in most of his dealings. Politics isn't like that under our democratic three branch system. As he has already found out when issuing his executive order implementing a travel ban.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"President Trump, meeting with the nation’s governors, conceded Monday that he had not been aware of the complexities of health care policy-making: “I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

Do you believe this? Reforming health insurance was one his major campaign issues. And he didn't realize how difficult and convoluted it is. How dim-witted and uninformed can anyone be?

But the obvious answer is out there if he's willing to see it. A hybrid single-payer insurance plan based on the Medicare model is the only thing that can work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/...aw-overhaul-is-unbelievably-complex.html?_r=0
Well, for him healthcare is easy. He can just bring in a personal doctor. It's almost like he's never been poor or middle class.....

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Actually, it could be looked at as evidence they are taking a hard and detailed look at that mess, rather than just throwing something out there. They are being diligent and that makes the critics look like fools. Of course, that won't stop the fools from criticizing all the more.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it could be looked at as evidence they are taking a hard and detailed look at that mess, rather than just throwing something out there. They are being diligent and that makes the critics look like fools. Of course, that won't stop the fools from criticizing all the more.
Ahhh...and in the 6 years they've been trying to repeal it, they never once took time to think about what they were going to replace it with? :scratch:
tulc(thinks 6 years would have been plenty of time to come up with a replacement plan) :sorry:

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi jayem,

Just imagine what a well oiled machine our government would be if we replaced everyone with others who don't have a clue how our government works and the complexities of the issues that they deal with on a day to day basis. President Trump comes from a business background where he can play the 'whatever I say goes' card in most of his dealings. Politics isn't like that under our democratic three branch system. As he has already found out when issuing his executive order implementing a travel ban.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

True. President Trump is the real life version of his TV show--The Apprentice.

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somebody needs to inform him that rocket science & brain surgery are really hard too. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already boasted that he could do either better than anybody else, lol.

While they are at it, maybe someone can explain to him that international trade is also somewhat complicated

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there at it, maybe someone can explain to him that international trade is also somewhat complicated

Hi norwegian,

Yes, I'm afraid that we've chosen to waste a lot of valuable time working on a 'learning curve' for President Trump in just about all the issues of State that he'll be dealing with over the next four years.

For me, I'm hoping the first thing that people attempt to teach him is that he can't just sit around and say just whatever fool thing comes out of his mouth all the time and earn the respect of the citizenry.

Seems I remember that there was a point in the campaign that President Trump did warn us that he didn't know a lot about the job, but that he would surround himself with those who did. That seems to be working out kind of hit or miss so far.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Hey now! Just look at his acumen when it comes to chemistry and physics.

>> “You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.” <<

• Haha
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hey now! Just look at his acumen when it comes to chemistry and physics.

>> “You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.” <<
Maybe one should do a challenge, who said it, President Trump or President Camacho?

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe one should do a challenge, who said it, President Trump or President Camacho?
We have a wrestling CEO in the cabinet and nearly had the ex-chief of Carl's Jr in there as well. We may lose crops to global warming, and have now signed off on letting companies dump into our rivers. We are so close to that movie it hurts.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh...and in the 6 years they've been trying to repeal it, they never once took time to think about what they were going to replace it with? :scratch:
tulc(thinks 6 years would have been plenty of time to come up with a replacement plan) :sorry:

Dumb logic. That's called working overtime to find a fault. It's also a misrepresentation since health tax increase has only been in effect for 3 years, and it's only been a year and a half since major legal issues with Obama's health tax increase cleared hurdles in the SCOTUS.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

For 6 years, "OBAMA BAD! BOOOO!!!!!" was the plan. They never expected to get any further.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dumb logic. That's called working overtime to find a fault. It's also a misrepresentation since health tax increase has only been in effect for 3 years, and it's only been a year and a half since major legal issues with Obama's health tax increase cleared hurdles in the SCOTUS.
Ahhh! My bad, they've only had over 3 years to come up with something other then: "It' hard to to do!" but apparently that's all they have come up with. :wave:
tulc(is going to go get some paczki for his family and friends!) ;)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Are you saying that the GOP legislators, in the literally dozensof attempts to repeal the ACA, never once "worked overtime to find a fault"?

Did they work at all to find a fault?
If not, why go through all the effort to repeal it?

Upvote 0