St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You missed the point. The other poster was making a big deal for they didn't think Trump wrote all the letter. That was my point. So what?
Indeed. Regardless of who actually wrote it, it came from the President's office over his signature. It's marching orders for his loyal supporters. I haven't been watching the proceedings today, but I will take bets that it is being repeated almost word for word on the floor of the House.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Bill Clinton also did some things which were good for the Country; so did Nixon. So what?
Noting that the former was impeached, while the latter mentioned was removed from office.

I sense your disappointment that the partisan impeachment isn't working out at all the way the Nixon impeachment show did. From one perspective the Democrats look a little bit like Wyle E. Coyote. Everything they've tried has gone south on them, not on the president.

tenor.gif

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Noting that the former was impeached, while the latter mentioned was removed from office.
He resigned under threat of impeachement. My point was that even a President who is thought worthy of impeachment may have done things--but those good thing do not excuse bad behavior. The example given in this case was the economy. As if somehow a thriving economy should excuse Trump's shenanigans.

I sense your disappointment that the partisan impeachment isn't working out at all the way the Nixon impeachment show did. From one perspective the Democrats look a little bit like Wyle E. Coyote. Everything they've tried has gone south on them, not on the president.
I don't know how you can sense my disappointment since the impeachment is working out just about as I expected. I think Trump will be reelected, too. You and all his other supporters deserve it.

tenor.gif
[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how you can sense my disappointment since the impeachment is working out just about as I expected. I think Trump will be reelected, too. You and all his other supporters deserve it.

tenor.gif
He wasn't my choice for president but I think he's done well, certainly better than I expected. I also believe that pressure from Democrats, ironically enough, has prompted him to cement his bond with his base. At the beginning of his presidency Donald Trump was more than willing to work with both Democrats and Republicans. Fortunately for his political base Democrats rebuffed his attempts at working together, and to a large extent so did the entrenched Republican leadership. Mitch McConnell slowly and grudgingly came over to the president's side but the entrenched Republican House leadership was sent packing.

Personally, I'd prefer that Washington operated in a rational manner ... but it doesn't. Some have described the current political environment as a fight to the death, and I find it hard to disagree with that assessment. Democrats are entrenched in their efforts to remove the president. While their efforts seemed determined, albeit desperate not long ago they now look, to be generous, Quixotic (though less generous terms might be more appropriate).

The next year should be interesting ... as should the four years after that.

Upvote 0