Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The press is having a feeding frenzy over this, even Foxnews is going ballistic.

I agree -- Trump it seems these days can say nothing right.
Both sides of the coin are ready to flip at anytime.
I think Trump's got this one very, very right.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: KarateCowboy
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree -- Trump it seems these days can say nothing right.
Both sides of the coin are ready to flip at anytime.
I think Trump's got this one very, very right.
M-Bob
Yes. People upset when he say there are "very fine people on both sides". Crazy!

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. People upset when he say there are "very fine people on both sides". Crazy!

Warning the fake news will twist the truth into lies and told enough times some will believe them.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You look at these guys walking around with Tiki torches and they look like Joe Normal. Truck drivers, machinists, the guys who put in your patio. Then they start chanting 'Jews will not replace us' and suddenly they don't seem so normal. Then they show up with swastikas and hate symbols and you start to wonder if something is wrong. Some of these guys were armed with semi-automatic weapons and they have no problem with violence, they are hoping for it. I've been on their websites, I've listened to their podcasts, who are these 'very fine people'?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Even if so, I'm not responsible for my father's sins.
M-Bob
Of course not, but what does this man really believe because I've learned that you can't trust what he says. He describes Mexican immigrants as rapists, murderers and gang bangers. Advocates and attempts to ban all Muslims coming into this country. He says he can't take the Australian boat people, he guarantees they are not 'good people' and can't work alongside 'milk people', whatever that means.

If we are talking about an isolated incident here and there, no problem, it's easy enough to alibi. I think this runs much deeper.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The press is having a feeding frenzy over this, even Foxnews is going ballistic.
I don't know about ballistic, but Fox News is undeniably changing its stripes right before our eyes. I agree with that observation.

But as for the issue that the Media in general are obsessed with, I cannot imagine how any statement, regardless of who says it, can be faulted if it 1) condemns all the violent actors involved and 2) takes note that not everyone who was there, either for or against the removal of the statue, should automatically be lumped in with the violent parties.

You might as well be outraged that someone said he's for Goodness and against Evil.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know about ballistic, but Fox News is undeniably changing its stripes right before our eyes. I agree with that observation.

But as for the issue that the Media in general are obsessed with, I cannot imagine how any statement, regardless of who says it, can be faulted if it 1) condemns all the violent actors involved and 2) takes note that not everyone who was there, either for or against the removal of the statue, should automatically be lumped in with the violent parties.

You might as well be outraged that someone said he's for Goodness and against Evil.
Trump is strangely sympathetic, just like he has been with Russia. The press are actually talking to and investigating these hate groups:

The rhetoric that's coming out of the White House today is so similar to what we preached ... but in a slightly more palatable way. (Christian Picciolini, reformed white nationalist)
I've been tracking this for a while and believe me I don't trust the emotion driven video media. What's it take for people to realize there is a problem here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump is strangely sympathetic, just like he has been with Russia.
Nope. You're going to have to talk facts if you want me to take notice; no "strangely sympathetic" innuenos and the like by which an accusation is made but the speaker covers his retreat if he's then shown to be talking nonsense.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. You're going to have to talk facts if you want me to take notice; no "strangely sympathetic" innuenos and the like by which an accusation is made but the speaker covers his retreat if he's then shown to be talking nonsense.
You know what you are missing in this post? Actual facts, this is highly emotive and lacking in anything remotely substantive. The Congress and the Intelligence agencies of our country has unanimously agreed Russia was behind the hack, do you care? Because Trump doesn't. Oh he can do a little inflammatory rant about Obama not stopping it but no regard for the escalation that would inevitably resulted. These White Supremacists, Nazis, KKK nationalists are not benign.

After years of debating origins with countless Darwinian I always knew when I had them. When they resort to ad hominem taunts, it means they have nothing left.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It never ceases to amaze me how the press is willing to create an outrage over what they think was stated, rather than simply reporting on the actual words stated. In this case President Trump states that there are fine people on both sides of the issue. In politics "two sides" almost always refers to the left and the right generally, and the statement that both the left and the right have decent people usually would not be considered controversial in the slightest. But no, the press decrees that he must have been talking about nazis and KKK members, and furthermore that when he said that there were decent people he must have meant that the views of these specific groups were laudable.

(Note that if that were really the case, then the other of the "two sides" would have to be the main force of the counter-protesters: antifa. Thus under the media's interpretation President Trump would also be saying that violent communists are fine people, and that their goal of violent communism is laudable. This interpretation is of course absurd and no one agrees with it, which shows the absurdity of the media's interpretation).

It reminds me of a report on one of Pope Benedict's Holy Week homilies. He talked about the various persecutions that the apostles and Jesus faced, with one of the examples being (in a long list of examples) that they were slandered with false accusations (ex. when it was claimed that Jesus said that he would destroy the temple). A newspaper reported this bit of the homily and they said that the false accusations must be referring to the accusations of molestation leveled against the Church. Other papers reported this without checking the original statement, and some went further. One Boston paper went so far as to tell a number of survivors of abuse that "The Pope claimed that all charges of sexual abuse are lies from people seeking profit" and asked their opinions (the survivors obviously said quite mean things about the Pope in response). Of course the Pope said nothing even remotely like this, but most people wouldn't know it, because actually reporting his words was at the bottom of the list of priorities of the media.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump is strangely sympathetic, just like he has been with Russia. The press are actually talking to and investigating these hate groups:

The rhetoric that's coming out of the White House today is so similar to what we preached ... but in a slightly more palatable way. (Christian Picciolini, reformed white nationalist)
I've been tracking this for a while and believe me I don't trust the emotion driven video media. What's it take for people to realize there is a problem here?
Link is great.

Amazing how close alt-right follows ISIS about recruitment and thoughts control. Scary that alt-right part Trump base and Trump not renounce. Or wait long time for renounce so alt-right think not serious.

From Nazi site:
"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate … on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Link is great.

Amazing how close alt-right follows ISIS about recruitment and thoughts control. Scary that alt-right part Trump base and Trump not renounce. Or wait long time for renounce so alt-right think not serious.

From Nazi site:
"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate … on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all."
Antifa isn't innocent, they do a lot to accelerate these situations but they don't go around killing people. He has worn my patience thin and I have some very serious concerns about the alt right. If you are going to condemn hate then say it and move on, he couldn't resist the temptation to make insinuations and then call the follow up questions fake news. This isn't old school conservatism and the sooner Republicans wake up and smell the poison in their well the better.

Upvote 0