• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Trump and 18 allies charged in Georgia election meddling

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,488,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ATLANTA (AP) — Donald Trump and 18 allies were indicted in Georgia on Monday over their efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state, with prosecutors using a statute normally associated with mobsters to accuse the former president, lawyers and other aides of a “criminal enterprise” to keep him in power.

Allies charged include:

Rudolph Giuliani
John Eastman
Mark Meodows
Kenneth Cheesbro
Jefferey Clark
Jenna Ellis
Sidney Powell

Read the Indictment document here:

Last edited:

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟449,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
“I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,”...... “You know what they did and you’re not reporting it. You know, that’s a criminal — that’s a criminal offense. And you know, you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. That’s a big risk.”
That was the moment I knew Trump was (and should be) in big trouble.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟625,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was the moment I knew Trump was (and should be) in big trouble.
I don't know why, he seemed to believe laws were being broken by others. Whether that was true or not, this seems backwards... Charging an accuser..? Weird!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟449,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
One detail among so many: the completely counterfeit GA "Certificate Of Vote" that the GA fake electors signed to be sent to Washington for the president of the senate to use in his duties and then on to the National Archives.

It reads (bolding mine):
“We, the undersigned, being the duly elected and qualified Electors for President and Vice President of the United States of America from the State of Georgia, do hereby … cast each of [our] ballots FOR DONALD J. TRUMP – 16 VOTES.”
Trump signed off on this nonsense. He wasnt "above it all".

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟358,858.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't know why, he seemed to believe laws were being broken by others. Whether that was true or not, this seems backwards... Charging an accuser..? Weird!
Doesn't matter. Believing a crime was committed does not give somebody the right to commit another crime to try and correct it.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟442,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

How is that at all weird? Those later proven guilty of crimes will often charge that others are in fact guilty of crimes in an effort to shift suspicion of wrongdoing from themselves onto others. "I didn't do it! ______ (some other person) did it! You've got the wrong guy!"

This is just that being done by an ex-president and his cadre of swamp-dwelling yes-men (and women, thanks to Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis). I suspect that it's rather transparent and pathetic to anyone (Democrat, Republican, or neither) who has not drunk the Trump cult's poisoned kool-aid.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟48,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟625,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟358,858.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
...The crime being?
The indictment lists them. Honestly I thought racketeering was a bit of a stretch at first, but from what I've read the GA RICO statute is ultra broad. In fact I'm not sure I like how broad it is. But it has stood so far, and this actually wouldn't be the first time it's been used to charge a politician who lost an election.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟257,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
...The crime being?

It's 97 pages. Not happening.
We could go through all 41 counts one by one if you want. Here's the first one:

"The Grand Jurors aforesaid, in the name and behalf of the citizens of Georgia, do hereby charge and accuse: DONALD JOHN TRUMP, RUDOLPH WILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI, JOHN CHARLES EASTMAN, MARK RANDALL MEADOWS, KENNETH JOHN CI-IESEBRO, JEFFREY BOSSERT CLARK, JENNA LYNN ELLIS, RAY STALLINGS SMITH III, ROBERT DAVID CHEELEY, MICHAEL A. ROMAN, DAVID JAMES SHAFER, SHAWN MICAH TRESI-IER STILL, STEPHEN CLIFFGARD LEE, HARRISON WILLIAM PRESCOTT FLOYD, TREVIAN C. KUTTI, SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL, CATHLEEN ALSTON LATHAM, SCOTT GRAHAM HALL, and MISTY HAMPTON with the offense of VIOLATION OF TI-IE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS) ACT, O.C.G.A. 16-14-4(c), for the said accused, individually and as persons concerned in the commission of crime, and together with unindicted co-conspirators, in the State of Georgia and County of Fulton, on and between the 4th day of November 2020 and the 15th day of September 2022, while associated with an enterprise, unlawfully conspired and endeavored to conduct and participate in, directly and indirectly, such enterprise through pattern ofracketeering activity in violation of O.C.G.A. 16-14-4(b), as described below and incorporated by reference as if fillly set forth herein, contrary to the laws of said State, the good order, peace, and dignity thereof;"

The indictment goes into excruciating detail in listing the acts involved in this one.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟48,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You can see the charges on the first 3 pages.
But if it's more convenient to see them as a post here, I've listed the charges for him below:

1692112147201.png

1. VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS ACT) O.C.G.A § 16-14-4(c)
5. SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1
9. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A. § 16-9-1(b)
11. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-1(b)
13. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20
15. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FILING FALSE DOCUMENTS O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20.1(b)(1)
17. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE O.C.G.A § 16-10-20
19. CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20
27. FILING FALSE DOCUMENTS O.C.G.A § 16-10-20.1(b)(1)
28. SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1
29. FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A § 16-10-20
38. SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A §§ 16-4-7 & 16-10-1
39. FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A § 16-10-20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟349,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is also worth pointing out, per the indictment, they have evidence that suggests that while Trump was making the claim of laws being broken by others, that he didn't actually believe it. Instead, he tried using the idea of others breaking the law, while not believing it, to make his supporters believe his actions were justified.

• Informative
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟143,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"It's 97 pages! Why would I read the charges and initial evidence being brought in the case that I am ignoring in favor of listening to lies from my favorite news sources?"

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,488,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind that in a RICO case:

"Predicate crimes are the underlying crimes that make up a racketeering case. An overt act is an action taken in furtherance of the conspiracy — in this case to overturn the election. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a crime, legal experts say.

In this case, prosecutor Fani T. Willis said that Trump’s tweets, or phone calls, or actions taken in other states were included as overt acts because “the grand jury believes they are part of the effort to overturn the election results.”

“It’s difficult to organize around a racketeering conspiracy without using words,” said Clark Cunningham, a Georgia State University law professor and expert on racketeering.

• Informative
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟48,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"It's 97 pages! Why would I read the charges and initial evidence being brought in the case that I am ignoring in favor of listening to lies from my favorite news sources?"

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink
Well, if they read it, they might change their mind, and we can't have that.

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2023
Nowhere
✟11,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we're up to what, 4 indictments at once now?

2 impeachments as a sitting president, year and a half Jan 6t committee investigating, dozens of lawsuits, countless accusations, and 4 simultaneous indictments. All made up of his most hated enemies, with federal agencies at their disposal and millions of dollars spent and they haven't been able to "get him" yet?

At some point you have to realize there is nothing to get. But at this point they are throwing anything and everything at the wall praying something will stick.

Even if it were Biden in Trump's shoes at some point I'd say this has to stop because it's a mockery of the government. And this stinks of political assassination. They are trying to make him.unable to run, or interfere so much it messes up his campaign.

Upvote 0