Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On another note, I don't know what kind of person one has to be in order to not want children helped to get a better start in life, because you don't like those helping them.
Not a person I would want to associate with, that much is for certain.
You oppose restricting “nonChristians” from becoming foster parents? I’m confused.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Your meaning was clear. You made it plain that you support the idea that a right-wing fundamentalist Protestant organization which discriminates against other Christians and people of other religions is entitled to government funding for it. You named Christians who oppose the idea "quisling Christians" a Norwegian coinage meaning "traitor" Christians.

I made it clear that I support the government helping those who help kids get a better start in life than they've had, even if the people doing the helping aren't politically correct.
And please don't try to mind-read. You're quite frankly not very good at it.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
On another note, I don't know what kind of person one has to be in order to not want children helped to get a better start in life, because you don't like those helping them.
Not a person I would want to associate with, that much is for certain.
If they are getting government funding, the Constitution requires that they help all children. If their bigotry does not allow them to do that then they shouldn't get government money.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure that lawyers are working on it as we speak. It doesn't stand a hope of being upheld without challenging the constitution itself.
Maybe Judge Keganaugh will get to earn his Conservative stripes.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That fear mongering they seek to practice their religion , nothing more.

They are quite free to practice their religion freely but government money cannot be used as a club to deny the rights of others.

A fairly large block of my fellow Christians have what could be called an entitlement mentality. For a great many centuries we Christians have had things our own way and have controlled society to such an extent that we have been able to impose our own agenda without challenge. However, when minority groups started demanding and receiving rights that they had previously been denied, rights that Christians held all along, these same Christians felt threatened and some even claimed that they were being persecuted. Rights and freedoms are not part of a zero-sum game. Expanding them does not thereby reduce them for some other group. For example, extending marriage rights to homosexuals has not reduced the rights of heterosexuals in the slightest way. In reality Christians have lost no rights and are not threatened in any meaningful way. In Canada and the USA Christians are certainly not being persecuted.

This ruling will be overturned in a higher court.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good news! Religious Liberty is still somewhat alive in this country , it is the adoption center right to deny adoptions to whoever they want, the best parents are a man, and woman in a loving Christian home , kudos to our President.
This waiver isn't about adoptions, it's about foster child care that is paid for on a monthly bases by the taxpayer's.

However, I am not against this waiver as long as the same type of waiver applies to all foster care agencies. If we are putting children first, we shouldn't be looking to shut agencies down because of where the childcare funding is coming from.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This waiver isn't about adoptions, it's about foster child care that is paid for on a monthly bases by the taxpayer's.

However, I am not against this waiver as long as the same type of waiver applies to all foster care agencies. If we are putting children first, we shouldn't be looking to shut agencies down because of where the childcare funding is coming from.
I agree with the sentiment but don’t like the precedent.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This why President Trump been worth it, despite he antics , the Supreme court picks.
Whoopee! Christian nation here we come. But make no mistake, it will be a right-wing Fundamentalist Protestant Christian nation. Orthodox Christians need not apply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whoopee! Christian nation here we come. But make no mistake, it will be a right-wing Fundamentalist Protestant Christian nation. Orthodox Christians need not apply.
Your overreacting the Fundamentalist aren't coming to power, and quite frankly, if the country got a little more religious, you act like it a bad thing , orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans, and others will still be around , plus if persecution happens, good! It creates martyrs for Christ, and his church.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Liberal Christians will be rounded up for the "final solution". Well, maybe the Muslims before the Liberal Christians.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Liberal Christians will be rounded up for the "final solution". Well, maybe the Muslims before the Liberal Christians.

Catholics, atheists, all other non-Christians, LGBT and rebellious women. I fear a right-wing Fundamentalist Protestant Christian nation would set this country back before the civil rights movement. I have a feeling that civil rights and equality would be thrown out of the window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Justice Kavanaugh is Catholic and Justice Gorsuch is a toss up Catholic/Episcopalian. If the Catholics aren't out then definitely the Orthodox aren't either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the link:

As part of the waiver’s requirements, any family that Miracle Hill does not allow to take care of foster children must be referred to other agencies or the state Department of Social Services.

So they are referred to other agencies that will.

Sounds like the bakery fiasco.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Catholics, atheists, all other non-Christians, LGBT, and rebellious women. Civil Rights and equality would be thrown out the window. It would set this country back before the Civil Rights Movement.

What are you talking about? The American Catholics were at their peak in the 1950's , Fulton Sheen was converting thousands a week, 30 million were watching his television programs, and listening to him on Radio, Catholics were packing into stadiums to pray the Rosary for the end of Communism in Russia, and the Eastern Block, did they face discrimination by Protestants, sure they did, but many Irish, and Italian Catholics were making names for themselves, and Catholicism grew. The real problem was VaticanII reforms, Ecumenism, liberation theology, and liberalization of the Jesuits that caused the decline in the Catholic Church since the 1960's and 1970's.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the link:

As part of the waiver’s requirements, any family that Miracle Hill does not allow to take care of foster children must be referred to other agencies or the state Department of Social Services.

So they are referred to other agencies that will.

Sounds like the bakery fiasco.
Wouldn’t it just be more efficient to simply serve the kids to start with?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Since there isn't really a huge surplus of families willing to foster children, I doubt that any jewish or gay family will have to jump through too many hoops. The only ones getting the short end of the stick are the children who end up with underqualified or no foster parents because their particular foster organisation unneccessarily limits the pool of applicants based on irrelevant data points.

Upvote 0