Los Angeles Area
✟820,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The federal government agreed Wednesday to allow federally funded foster care agencies in South Carolina to deny services to same-sex or non-Christian couples.

The waiver issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will allow Greenville’s Miracle Hill Ministries to continue as a state-supported foster care agency.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Court challenge in 5,4,3,2,1.....
Now you will see why Trump's base was willing to put up with his shenanigans in return for conservative court appointments.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good news! Religious Liberty is still somewhat alive in this country , it is the adoption center right to deny adoptions to whoever they want, the best parents are a man, and woman in a loving Christian home , kudos to our President.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Good news! Religious Liberty is still somewhat alive in this country , it is the adoption center right to deny adoptions to whoever they want, the best parents are a man, and woman in a loving Christian home , kudos to our President.
You understand, I hope, that these people do not consider you to be a real Christian.

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Good news! Religious Liberty is still somewhat alive in this country

Tell that to the people being rejected because of their religion.

it is the adoption center right to deny adoptions to whoever they want

Not when they're spending my money and the money of my fellow taxpayers.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You understand, I hope, that these people do not consider you to be a real Christian.
That there right, and they would be right to discriminate against me on those grounds.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That there right, and they would be right to discriminate against me on those grounds.
If they get the full political power they are seeking, they'll "discriminate" you right into a camp, along with the rest of us.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The federal government agreed Wednesday to allow federally funded foster care agencies in South Carolina to deny services to same-sex or non-Christian couples.

The waiver issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will allow Greenville’s Miracle Hill Ministries to continue as a state-supported foster care agency.
Good news, as they would be just exercising their first amendment right to freedom of religion!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If they get the full political power they are seeking, they'll "discriminate" you right into a camp, along with the rest of us.

^_^
Yes, sure.
And I'm the Chinese Emperor.

Considering that it's the opponents of Christians (and the quislings that call themselves Christians) who oppose religious liberty and try to destroy Christians' abilities to make a living most rabidly, it is the other way around

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Good news, as they would be just exercising their first amendment right to freedom of religion!
The first amendment right to "freedom of religion" does not extend to using government funds to discriminate against members of other religions.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
^_^
Yes, sure.
And I'm the Chinese Emperor.

Considering that it's the opponents of Christians (and the quislings that call themselves Christians) who oppose religious liberty and try to destroy Christians' abilities to make a living most rabidly, it is the other way around
As a "quisling who calls himself a Christian" I feel obliged to point out to you that your remark is a violation of the rules of this forum.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
As a "quisling who calls himself a Christian" I feel obliged to point out to you that your remark is a violation of the rules of this forum.

I did not accuse anyone here of that, and I'd like you to point out where you think I did so.
They exist, that's a fact. Even in the Scriptures, such people existed, and Early Church history is full of them.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not accuse anyone here of that, and I'd like you to point out where you think I did so.
They exist, that's a fact. Even in the Scriptures, such people existed, and Early Church history is full of them.
Anyone here opposed to religious liberty?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
On another note, I don't know what kind of person one has to be in order to not want children helped to get a better start in life, because you don't like those helping them.
Not a person I would want to associate with, that much is for certain.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Your meaning was clear. You made it plain that you support the idea that a right-wing fundamentalist Protestant organization which discriminates against other Christians and people of other religions is entitled to government funding for it. You named Christians who oppose the idea "quisling Christians" a Norwegian coinage meaning "traitor" Christians.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That fearmongering they seek to practice their religion , nothing more.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Court challenge in 5,4,3,2,1.....

I am sure that lawyers are working on it as we speak. It doesn't stand a hope of being upheld without challenging the constitution itself.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If an organization wishes to avail itself to a limited audience it will run into challenges when public funds are used. Most of these organizations don't receive enough financial support from Christians to reduce government involvement.

• Informative
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0