Trump accepts Republican nomination with blistering, often false attacks on Biden

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump accepts Republican nomination with blistering, often false attacks on Biden
President Trump accepted the Republican nomination Thursday night before a packed crowd on the White House South Lawn, delivering a storm of angry broadsides and false charges against Democratic nominee Joe Biden as he sought to reframe the November election as a choice rather than a referendum on his first term.
There was one other portion I thought was interesting:
Defying long-standing norms about using the White House for partisan events and his administration’s own guidelines about avoiding large gatherings during the coronavirus crisis, Trump addressed more than 1,500 supporters — a crowd only slightly larger than the number of Americans who died of COVID-19 on Wednesday — packed together in narrow rows of chairs across the South Lawn. (emph. added)
tulc(1,143 people died of Coronavirus on Thursday as well) :sigh:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought the most interesting statement was when Trump promised that the federal government would prosecute all lawbreakers!

How can he, who has broken laws left and right while Barr and his Senate enablers have winked and nodded, say the federal government would prosecute all lawbreakers? I wish.

Barr, are you listening? Trump wants you to prosecute ALL lawbreakers. So do we! No more stretching "presidential immunity" beyond all ethics, morality, and recognition.

Upvote 0