Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not an increase it is a pay range. People were making $8, $9, $10, $11 & $12 an hour. I just saw a job opening for a store where they are paying $3 more for people to work on weekends. Now people are making $12, $13, $14 & $15 an hour. This is what they said they wanted. In some states Walmart is already paying $15 and hour and they have plans to pay everyone everywhere that amount.

My wife is only making $12 which she is not happy with. But they give her pretty much all the overtime she wants. So she ends up making the amount she wants.

Hi josh,

Yes, I know what people are making. My point was that you seemed to think that had all come about since President Obama left office. I'm saying that just isn't the case. People were making those wages you're talking about the last couple of years of President Obama's administration also. $10 to $12/hour is about what starting positions have been paying in many, many jobs for a half dozen years. Yes, I know that in fast food, they have been very tight in raising wages, but most jobs have been starting out at $10/hour or more for quite a while. Now you say they're making $13-$14/hour. My son just got a job starting out at $11.50 not 6 months ago. Wages haven't jumped up any appreciable amount in the last half dozen years. They certainly haven't jumped up because or the new administration.

You do remember that this is the guy who hires H1B visa employees because he doesn't want to pay a fair U.S. wage, right. They guy who, for all of his 'make America great again' rhetoric, has most of his stuff made outside of the country.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can do the research for yourself. I am not going to do it for you. If you read Tyson's book the universe started out one trillion degrees Kelvin. From there according to Tyson the universe began to expand and the universe began to cool. Now if you want to disagree with Tyson that is fine with me. I don't care if you accept what he says or not. I am no expert I just read what the experts say about the subject.

Hi again josh,

And you think Tyson knows what he's talking about because....? You see, I happen to know that the universe started out only about 6,000 years ago and that it's pretty much the same temperature then as it is now. I know that because God said so.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you real? You completely misrepresent what I am saying. You like to build a straw-man so you can tear about what you yourself have created.

Hi again josh,

Ok, I'll defer to your greater wisdom on the subject.

God bless and good night.

In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you think Tyson knows what he's talking about because....?
Because of the office that he holds.

I happen to know that the universe started out only about 6,000 years ago
5990 years ago we find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the beginning of "field" plants and animals. Science calls this domesticated plants and animals. This was the beginning of civilization and recorded history. I believe a day in the Bible represents 1,000 years. Everything fits very nice with that.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,187.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
5990 years ago we find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the beginning of "field" plants and animals. Science calls this domesticated plants and animals.

Based on multiple lines of strong archeological evidence, your dates for domestication of plants and animals are out by at least 5,000 to 7,000 years.

On the plants side millet, flax, eikorn and emmer wheat, rice, yams, maize, squash, figs, bitter vetch, chickpeas, lentils and barley were all cultivated by 7,000 BP at the latest, with some good evidence of domestication better than 11,000 years ago.

There's also good evidence that grain cultivation (deliberate planting and harvesting) is AT LEAST 22,000 to 23,000 years old, and some evidence that domestication of yams is at least 15,000 years old in both Africa and Oceania.

On the animal side, sheep, goats, chickens and pigs were all domesticated as well by 7,000 BP.

This was the beginning of civilization

Not really. The evidence shows large, complex civilisations arose independently of each other in multiple 'cradles' in India, China, North Africa/Southern Mediterranean, the Levant, Central Asia and Mesoamerica between about 14,000 and 7,000 years ago.

The picture of the Near/Middle East as the sole 'Cradle of Civilisation' hasn't been the consensus among historians for ~30 years. It was mostly an product of the fact that this region was where we started looking first, which just made it appear that it was the first.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some reason, Donald also kept saying that Alabama was going to be hit by Dorian, even though the National Weather Service had to correct him publicly. How is this my saying this a reinterpretation or misstatement?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
In some countries there is a very high approval rating for terrorism.
312485_aa034babc02141322fcf83aa45dfa4c5.gif

How does that support (or even relate to) the claim "thousands and thousands Muslims in Jersey City were cheering as the towers fell".

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does that support (or even relate to) the claim "thousands and thousands Muslims in Jersey City were cheering as the towers fell".
The polls support the fact that may Muslims support terrorism or feel that terrorism is justified. You have NOTHING to show otherwise. Your opinions mean nothing if you have no evidence to offer.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on multiple lines of strong archeological evidence, your dates for domestication of plants and animals are out by at least 5,000 to 7,000 years.
Exactly, you just made my case for me. A day in Genesis is 1,000 years. There was a massive extinction 12.990 years ago. 90% of the species died off at that time. This is always followed by an population explosion or radiation. We find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden 6,000 years ago and this is on the eighth day. I have put a lot of study into this and I have most of the books that have been written about the subject. I have studies this for 50 years starting in High School when I took a Ancient History class.

There's also good evidence that grain cultivation (deliberate planting and harvesting) is AT LEAST 22,000 to 23,000 years old
What they have are wild grains that were ground down into a flour to make them easier to eat and not so hard on the teeth. There is quite a variety of grains. I did a research on pop tarts and who invented them. I was surprised that this goes back 20,000 years. They would take some grains, ground it into a flour and add some fruit. Then they would put this by the fire and cook it.

One thing we have to take into consideration is pottery only goes back 10 or 12,000 years. They were able to wave baskets 40,000 years ago to carry their grain in. But a basket does not hold water, so the food did not ferment the way it did when they used clay vessels to store the food in.

Fishing hooks and sowing needles made out of bone goes back 40,000 years also. This was when mankind came up out of africa into the Tigris Euphrates river valley. Because they were able to make clothing for themselves. They did have clothing made with the fiber from the fig tree but that was more decoration then actual protection form the weather. God showed them how to make clothing that would keep them warm in the colder climate north of africa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
The polls support the fact that may Muslims support terrorism or feel that terrorism is justified. You have NOTHING to show otherwise. Your opinions mean nothing if you have no evidence to offer.

Trump made a concrete claim of "thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City (you know, Jersey City, New Jersey) cheering as the towers fell". Polls of Muslims in middle eastern countries doesn't have a relation to the possibility of the claim, not to mention the actual substance of the claim. The "evidence" needed is for those who are trying to substantiate the claim that "thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City were cheering as the towers fell".

The fact that you think link had any bearing at all speaks volumes.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The evidence shows large, complex civilisations arose independently of each other in multiple 'cradles' in India, China, North Africa/Southern Mediterranean, the Levant, Central Asia and Mesoamerica between about 14,000 and 7,000 years ago.
Yes there are many Edens and that is how the Bible works. We have what they call archetype (energy). Eve is the most recent matriarch. There are at least 18 of them. China has 9 cities and each city has a matriarch. There is a book called the 7 faces of Eve that deal with just Europe.

The actual record for descendants is Genghis Khan is the winner with 16 million descendants. The Bible talks about the generations or geneologys and science talks about common ancestors.

The picture of the Near/Middle East as the sole 'Cradle of Civilisation' hasn't been the consensus among historians for ~30 years.
This was my book in high school and it is just as valid today. Most of the work is done at the Universities in Jerusalem with the people with PhD's in Botany. A lot shows up on the internet in peer reviewed journals. But some of the material does find it's way into book. They explain how the wild grains in the Middle East were domesticated. Also a huge amount of research has gone into how farming spread from the middle east to Europe. Of course we also have the silk highway where you had trade going back and forth between the east and the west. The highway is still there today of course. There are people that will rent a motorcycle and travel the highway on their vacation and take photos and put them on the internet. It is interesting to see what is going on today in areas that have had a profound historic impact.

Of course we have secondary books that are interesting. For example the book of desire and the impact that has on evolution. In asia they desire sour and their food reflects that. In the east they desire sweet and their food is a reflection of that. For the most part we have artifact we can examine. Archaeology has gone a long way to prove the Bible is accurate and true.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump made a concrete claim of "thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City (you know, Jersey City, New Jersey) cheering as the towers fell". Polls of Muslims in middle eastern countries doesn't have a relation to the possibility of the claim, not to mention the actual substance of the claim. The "evidence" needed is for those who are trying to substantiate the claim that "thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City were cheering as the towers fell".

The fact that you think link had any bearing at all speaks volumes.
Ur grasping at straws charlie. I repeat I have given you solid scientific evidence. The same evidence that Trump used to win the election. What have you give me? Nothing, zip, zero. You are making the claim, so you have the burden of evidence not me. I am not the one making the claim.

Also "cheering" is not always a public display. The secondary definition is to give comfort, support, to encourage each other in the success of their cause. They took this as a sign that God was with them and supporting them in their cause.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Ur grasping at straws charlie. I repeat I have given you solid scientific evidence. The same evidence that Trump used to win the election. What have you give me? Nothing, zip, zero. You are making the claim, so you have the burden of evidence not me. I am not the one making the claim.

Also "cheering" is not always a public display. The secondary definition is to give comfort, support, to encourage each other in the success of their cause. They took this as a sign that God was with them and supporting them in their cause.

I'm not making the claim, Trump made the claim. There wasn't (and isn't) evidence to support his claim.

You haven't given "solid scientific evidence" about anything. You presented polling data for an entirely different set of people and claimed that this somehow supported the claim.

Judge: What is your evidence that John Smith robbed the bank on main street in Jersey City, NJ?
Prosecutor 19: I have a poll of people in Missisippi that indicates they believe the banks are dishonest in their dealings.

Grasping at straws doesn't even begin to describe how inane your defense of Trump's false claim has been.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi josh,

So again, let me get this straight. You believe that because some poll posits that Muslims support terrorism, that makes it ok for someone to give a false testimony as to what they witnessed with their own eyes regarding a Muslim event. Otherwise, I have to agree with WBS, what bearing does your evidence have on what a person said that they saw.

Got it!

So, let me see if I've got this straight. You believe that when Donald Trump said that he saw people (Muslims) cheering the fall of the WTT, what he was actually seeing was the heart of a Muslim neighborhood and saw that they supported the effort in their hearts. Not that he actually witnessed them cheering, but he knew that there was a Muslim neighborhood out there in New Jersey that was supportive of their cause.

God it!

Wow, I marvel at your great wisdom to be able to figure all of this out.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a rental in Homestead Florida that lost a part of its roof. It was on SW 306th St. I started repairing the roof and I came back the next day and there was a red tag on the door. Ordering me to cease and desist work. I took it off the door and kept right on going and never heard another word about it.
It's a good thing you didn't wait.
Thanks for all the info.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because of the office that he holds.

5990 years ago we find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the beginning of "field" plants and animals. Science calls this domesticated plants and animals. This was the beginning of civilization and recorded history. I believe a day in the Bible represents 1,000 years. Everything fits very nice with that.
No, we don’t find them there. But the Creationism issue belongs in another thread.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some reason, Donald also kept saying that Alabama was going to be hit by Dorian, even though the National Weather Service had to correct him publicly. How is this my saying this a reinterpretation or misstatement?
Wishful thinking. He’s still miffed at Jeff Sessions.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly, you just made my case for me. A day in Genesis is 1,000 years. There was a massive extinction 12.990 years ago. 90% of the species died off at that time. This is always followed by an population explosion or radiation. We find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden 6,000 years ago and this is on the eighth day. I have put a lot of study into this and I have most of the books that have been written about the subject. I have studies this for 50 years starting in High School when I took a Ancient History class.

What they have are wild grains that were ground down into a flour to make them easier to eat and not so hard on the teeth. There is quite a variety of grains. I did a research on pop tarts and who invented them. I was surprised that this goes back 20,000 years. They would take some grains, ground it into a flour and add some fruit. Then they would put this by the fire and cook it.

One thing we have to take into consideration is pottery only goes back 10 or 12,000 years. They were able to wave baskets 40,000 years ago to carry their grain in. But a basket does not hold water, so the food did not ferment the way it did when they used clay vessels to store the food in.

Fishing hooks and sowing needles made out of bone goes back 40,000 years also. This was when mankind came up out of africa into the Tigris Euphrates river valley. Because they were able to make clothing for themselves. They did have clothing made with the fiber from the fig tree but that was more decoration then actual protection form the weather. God showed them how to make clothing that would keep them warm in the colder climate north of africa.
Imagine my shock to find out how really really old I am. I need a nap. I’m really tired.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes there are many Edens and that is how the Bible works. We have what they call archetype (energy). Eve is the most recent matriarch. There are at least 18 of them. China has 9 cities and each city has a matriarch. There is a book called the 7 faces of Eve that deal with just Europe.

The actual record for descendants is Genghis Khan is the winner with 16 million descendants. The Bible talks about the generations or geneologys and science talks about common ancestors.
Is that in Two Corinthians?:scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.