• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

true picture of Christ

Discussion in 'Sign Gifts' started by millerrod, Apr 24, 2006.

1. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

+357
    Christian
    Single
    For those who have seen Christ in visions, i stumbled [as if anything is not on purpose]onto a painting that truly looks like Christ, there is no doubt that the artist must of had a vision and seen Christ himself to have so accuretly paint him. the painting is by a german artist 1825-1898 [Georg Cornicelius], the name of the painting is [Christ tempted by saten] even his eyes are right. The book its in is called Christ and the fine arts by Cynthia pearl Maus. Check it out! maybe its somewhere on the net i havnt checked.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. kisstheson

kisstheson Contributor

+693
    Christian
    WOW! I have seen that painting millerrod. I used to have the book but I lost it in a flood I had back in April of last year. I'll see if I can find it on a web search and I'll post it here if I find it. But the eyes are incrdible. His eyes look right through you. The picture in the book though is in black in white. I believe I saw it in color though.

3. CCe

CCe Veteran

+178
    Baptist
    Married
    If you happen to come across a link, would you post it?

4. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    I don't believe that there can EVER be a picture or image of Christ that is true....

They have all been produced by man who will have his or her influence in the picture and no matter how true it seems to be it will always be lacking some aspect of Christ.

That's why I don't like to see any image of Christ because it cannot be a true representation....

"that truly looks like Christ,", "even his eyes are right" - how do you know?

5. pineapplelesson

pineapplelesson Well-Known Member

+33
    Christian
    Engaged
    CA-Greens
  6. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

+357
    Christian
    Single
    Martin I know because i have seen his eyes and so has others here. All we are wanting to do is share our experience with others. do you not also share your God given gifts with others ? i am sure you do.

7. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

+357
    Christian
    Single
    pinapplelesson thank you so much for finding and posting where to find the picture.

8. CCe

CCe Veteran

+178
    Baptist
    Married
    Wow! That's an awesome picture! Thank you for posting the link!

9. soap

soap Psalm 40:2

+8,186
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Wow...this looks so much like the Jesus I have dreamed of. Thanks for the post.

10. kisstheson

kisstheson Contributor

+693
    Christian
    Soap,

Do you mean the Jesus you have imagined or your actual dream about Him? Could you share about how He looked in your dream. Being an artist who paints pictures of Him I would like to know.

Is there any way someone could post the picture Soap is talking about? I don't have an adobe(?) reader. can you copy it to the forum?

11. soap

soap Psalm 40:2

+8,186
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    It was a dream. You can download the adobe reader from this link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Send me a Private Message me if you need help downloading Adobe Reader. It is a good program to have, and it is free. If you can't get it to work, I will attempt to describe Him as I saw Him in my dream.

12. kisstheson

kisstheson Contributor

+693
    Christian
    I don't have broadband and it would take Foooorever to down load. i have seen the picture before in black and white as I had the book. Is this one on the internet in color?

I would love for YOU to describe Him in your own words.:D

I think that would be beautiful!:kiss:

13. pineapplelesson

+33
    Christian
    Engaged
    CA-Greens
    You're welcome!! ;) *big hugs*

..Nena..

14. jesus_our_saviour

jesus_our_saviour New Member

+0
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    It says somewhere in the Bible that if we were ever to come across God's face we would be blinded, He is too holy for us to ever look at.

Jesus is an innocent clean, holy man.. too holy for our likes to see.

15. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

+357
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus was seen by man before the cross and after the cross , after Christ had rision he showed himself to his deciples many times and Christ is still showing himself to his deciples when needed. Why is he showing himself to so many at this time through visions and dreams? it may have to do with the season we are in, the end season, it may have to do with making his Way straight to make way for a final harvest before the end, it may have to do with edifying his deciples in the end season to help them overcome the world, these are only a few possibilitys, what ever the reason Jesus is showing himself to many. i notice you are new to the forum Welcome if you go back through older posting you may be shocked at how many have seen Christ and all have seen and described him in the same manner, i also noticed that your first post you made was rebuking a demon and i would like to thank you, surly a deciple with such strong faith as your self has understanding that Christ can and has and will continue to show himself to his deciples as the need arises, and the need is to unite his deciples as one light to make his Way straight to shine as bright as possible in the light of Christ to those lost in the darkness of this season, Christ is not only within us he is all around us and it is now time the rest of the world sees Him. May God be with you in all and welcome to C/F.

16. pineapplelesson

+33
    Christian
    Engaged
    CA-Greens
    Well put Millerrod! Well put!

..Nena..

17. radhead

radhead Contributor

+567
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    That's interesting that so many people have pictured Christ a certain way.

My image is a little different. It's more like what I've seen in paintings of the 20th century. I also imagine Jesus looking like George Macdonald.

18. knownbeforetime

knownbeforetime Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power

+387
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Using Acrobat's snapshot tool, I C&P'ed it into Paint and saved the image in JPG format and present it to you now...

[​IMG]

19. southerncowgirl5592

southerncowgirl5592 Well-Known Member

+26
    Christian
    Private
    wow.... it's so...... real....

20. radhead

radhead Contributor

+567
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    My dad would call him a "pretty boy." That's his term for men who think they are good looking.