✟8,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Everyone ~
I am new to Christian Forums. One of the many reasons I am here is to find others who experienced the same True Love Waits movement, or other similar experiences like Purity Rings etc., for a potential book that I have started writing. The book will focus on the negative impacts these movement have had one various peoples' lives, in various aspects. If you are interested, please feel free to message me or reply to this post. If you know of anyone else who may be, please let me know. I look forward to hearing the various stories.
Chat Conversation End

Type a message...

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The purity movement works for 12 year olds, puts unrealistic expectations on the rest of us. In biblical times, everyone was married young, nothing is written for a society where so many more people are single longer

Hmmmmm, it appears the christian God was wrong when He said...no sex before marriage.

Reactions: MatthewGospel
Upvote 0

trackstacks

May 15, 2012
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul said it, Jesus didnt....inappropriate contentea actually means no adultery, no sleeping with temple prostitutes.
The no sex before marrige has its place but has served to be a fount of frustration, lonliness guilt and pain. If god had commanded thus, he has done a crappy job of helping those of us too unlucky to have met our soulmates at 15.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul said it, Jesus didnt....inappropriate contentea actually means no adultery, no sleeping with temple prostitutes.
The no sex before marrige has its place but has served to be a fount of frustration, lonliness guilt and pain. If god had commanded thus, he has done a crappy job of helping those of us too unlucky to have met our soulmates at 15.

Wrong.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For years I thought I wasn't normal because of the the issues that this caused in my life. I want other young men and women to know they aren't alone and to know the truth.

So, what I hear you saying is that the bible says sex outside of marriage is OK? That's the truth you want them to know?

Upvote 0

inkaboutit

Apr 19, 2017
CA
✟9,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

From my research Paul himself defines the word fornication in 1 Corinthians 10:8 compare to Numbers 25: 1-9 not as single sex but as joining in with the pagan fertility Baal god worship. They are NOT worshiping sex but they are worshiping the pagan fertility god that created sex.

God gave all creation sexual freedom at creation.
King David understood this 2 Samuel 12:8 . have as many wives as he desired.
King Solomon understood this Song of Solomon 6:8 unlimited virgin available to him.
You clearly see that most Godly men understood this most having many wives and concubines.

I greatly disagree with the "True Love Waits Movement and The Purity Ring movement.
1.) Jesus command us to say NO vows, Matthew 5:34- 37 No one should say any vows and these movements would get them to say vows.
2.) Create wrong attitude toward sex. When you study the Bible you see sex all over the place by very Godly men.
You study God's creation you learn God gave all creation sexual freedoms including humans. You clearly see many Godly men with many wives and concubines.

You see God himself promoting polygamy, even forcing it at times.

Numbers 31:35-36 giving 16,000 pagan young virgins girls to priest as concubine.

Numbers 31:42-46 Also giving additional 16,000 pagan young virgins girls to 12,000 soldiers. This create polygamy on a massive scale by God himself.

King David a man after God's own heart had over 20+ wives and concubines.

King Solomon the wisest man on earth having 1000++ wives and concubines.

Exodus 21:10-11 you see when a man get a SECOND WIFE he is require to meet 3 needs of the first wife, 1.) food needs, 2.)clothing needs, 3.) SEXUAL NEEDS if he does not she can go free without paying any money back to him. With this law you can understand Exodus 21:4-9.

Exodus 21:4-9 When a master who has many wives and concubine, loans one of wives to his servant to meet his sexual needs, when the servant leaves, he must give the master's loaner sex partner wife, back to the master, along with the master's wife children she produced by the servant sex partner.

But of course these Bible verses are never read in Church.

Instead the Church gives a major shame and guilt trip even over having sexual thoughts. They have wrong teaching about the Lust word. 2 versions of the Bible never use the word lust in the whole Bible.

They wrongly tell them that Masturbation is a sin. Where in Leviticus 15:16-18 clearly describe Masturbation and clearly NO sin offering of any kind is required, meaning Masturbation is clearly not a sin at all under the most strictest ceremonial laws in all the Bible. No other verses in all the Bible describe masturbation and clearly shows it is not a sin at all and that includes any loving sexual fantasy that goes along with sexual pleasures both in Bible days and today.

They wrongly tell them Matthew 5:27-30 if they have sexual thoughts they commit adultery. (Matthew 5:27-30 are totally taken out of context and misunderstood) My web site explains this.

All this wrong Bible sexual teachings causes a lot of wrong man made shame and guilt trips. Major stress over sex and lots of fear over sexual pleasure. Some commit suicide.

My web site has story of 16 year old Mormon boy who hung himself because he greatly hated himself, because he could not overcome masturbation.

I share that story on a forum and a another person told me he found out a Christian girl was thinking of killing herself for the same reason.

The Bible College i went to, i found out the year before a Bible College student went to an island in middle of the river and chopped off his right hand and bleed to death because of man made shame and man made guilt over masturbation. He follow the misunderstood teaching of Matthew 5:27-31 . my web site explains.

False sexual teachings kills people.

Also another story of a 50 year old cutting off his penis because he can't overcome masturbation.

Where in Leviticus 15:16-18 clearly describe Masturbation and clearly NO sin offering of any kind is required, meaning Masturbation is clearly not a sin at all under the most strictest ceremonial laws in all the Bible.

Many people carry this unhealthy ideal over sex into marriage. Some can not even have sex in marriage because life long anti-sex teaching.

Some can't even be nude because of the Church's anti-nude teachings.

God is very pro-nudist. God created all creation nudist. If Adam and Eve ate the "tree of (eternal ) life 100% of all humans would be 100% nude all the time.

But the Church calls nudity evil. God say the opposite.
my web site explains in detail.

Genesis 1:31
Titus 1:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From my research Paul himself defines the word fornication in 1 Corinthians 10:8 compare to Numbers 25: 1-9 not as single sex but as joining in with the pagan fertility Baal god worship. They are NOT worshiping sex but they are worshiping the pagan fertility god that created sex.

inkaboutit, Your reply falls short in your first paragraph. If anyone would like to understand the meaning of the word they can see it here.

Upvote 0

Uldello

Dec 25, 2017
Leyte
✟15,202.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Everyone ~
I am new to Christian Forums. One of the many reasons I am here is to find others who experienced the same True Love Waits movement, or other similar experiences like Purity Rings etc., for a potential book that I have started writing. The book will focus on the negative impacts these movement have had one various peoples' lives, in various aspects. If you are interested, please feel free to message me or reply to this post. If you know of anyone else who may be, please let me know. I look forward to hearing the various stories.
Chat Conversation End

Type a message...
Hello 57. I am one of the many or few who believe in TRuE love waits. Me and my wife we're both Chrisgian believer jn Christ true faith. Steadfastly we stood brave to stand on 1 Cor. 7:1 for 10 years. We are now married and joyfull on our marriage. God bless

Upvote 0