Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read a fair amount, and watched a few videos, that try and show the Temple was in the City of David. Honestly, I find their evidence scanty at best. While it is clear that a temple existed in the City of David at some point in time, it is not evident that it was THE Temple.

We know that there were other temples to Yehovah in the area of Jerusalem and outside of it, I see no reason why there could not be one in the City of David that pre-dated the one built by Solomon on the Temple mount.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have read a fair amount, and watched a few videos, that try and show the Temple was in the City of David. Honestly, I find their evidence scanty at best. While it is clear that a temple existed in the City of David at some point in time, it is not evident that it was THE Temple.

We know that there were other temples to Yehovah in the area of Jerusalem and outside of it, I see no reason why there could not be one in the City of David that pre-dated the one built by Solomon on the Temple mount.

The series is well worth the watch. There is no proof that Solomon built the temple on the temple mount. There is tremendous evidence that he didn't, including scripture.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agree to disagree :)

I've watched a lot of programs and read a lot. I honestly wish that the Temple were in the COD, it would make a lot of issues easier to resolve. But I think that the desire for that leads many to make presuppositions to the end conclusion.

Upvote 0