Apr 24, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟2,459.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-A friend of mine told me about this website people can confess sex sins etc. anonymously. I thought I was bad for impure thoughts here and then, but OH MY!

I read hundreds of quotes in disgust: cheaters, rapist, married people who have affairs, sometimes gay. What made it even worse are the details used(which I would skip over), and then a read a guy who "gets off" on it. I thought the page was a funny one, but got to reading them from sheer horror.

The reason I bring this up, apart from thanking God I'm none of those people, I also wondered if things like this also worried other singles. What respect will humankind have left in a few years? How can one trust a partner, married, that they are faithful?

Two men even confessed to sexual relations with strangers, even being HIV positive. Condoms were used, but Scary!

Interested in your thoughts,
Bubs

Justin04

Feb 29, 2004
Sacramento
✟15,852.00
Faith
Christian
So I got a little curious after reading this. So I did one interent search to see what site this could be that could just be that bad.

Oh my goodness! I honest to God had NO IDEA there was **** like that on the internet. I clicked on the first match and took like 5 minutes reading about MARRIED couples talking about their sex life and what they liked and didnt ect. WOW I mean in reality there was nothing wrong with what was being said and it was even a christian website and has its place in the body of christ, I do think God is supporting that kinda thing and everything, I dont think there was anything wrong with it, but DANG i still felt hecka gross after reading this stuff.

I just had no idea there was stuff like this out there. I mean I thought I'd seen it all with the nick berg video but no that topped watching the video. I'm EXTREMLY open about sex, my sexual history, masturbation, inappropriate content, talking about those things I mean not doing them, but how in the word can anyone get that discriptive on a christian website, it wasnt just one person, they had a whole section devoted to what positions were best for what sizes and positions of the month, i mean oh my gosh, when people start talking about whats the normal ammount of body fluid well thats enough, that brothered me to say the least.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If someone feels compelled to share what they did wrong in their testimony, that is between them and God, but I do not want to or need to hear the raunchy details. I have one friend who strayed sexually before becoming a Christian and another who went to jail for his sexual misconducts before his salvation. I know what they did but I never want to know how they did it.

Upvote 0

TriptychR

Investigative Retorter
Jul 3, 2004
Western New York
✟10,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, the Internet has become a dumping ground for all sorts of nastiness. I do agree that many of the posts on that site were probably legitimate and posted as an attempted means to reach healing, but there are a lot of people who contrive some form of entertainment from reading such things. Sites showing pictures of mutilated dead people are also up for a similar reason. It's a horrible business.

Upvote 0

Out of the Flames

May 11, 2004
Orange County, CA
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
The internet can be a sick, sad piece of the world, and it's only getting bigger. My advice is to turn away from those things. They'll just corrupt your thoughts, or at the very least leave you with a jaded view of humanity, and bring you down.

It can be hard to turn away sometimes, but we're all better off avoiding anything like that which could potentially corrupt our morals.

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
I just shake my head at some of the things on the internet. As a guy who has been around on the net for almost 10 years, I have seen it really go from bad to worse. :p *shakes his head*

I don't see the purpose of such sites, but if it helps people get things off their chest, then I suppose, it's of value.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there is much on the internet that is disgusting and perverted, I believe that Christians need to be among those fighting to keep the internet free from censorship.

Once there is censorship of some ideas, as repulsive as they may be to you and I, there can be censorship of any ideas. In Canada the freedom to express the belief that homosexual activties are sinful is now being classified as hate speech. The internet may be one of the last places Christians can speak the truth!!

Too often Christians have remained silent while other groups had their rights limited, only to discover that further down the road, it is our rights that ar also being trimmed. In the US the Religious Freedom Restoration Act has been struck down. We do not have as much religious freedom as we used to have. It all started when Christians did not support the rights of Native Americans to use peyote in a worship context and still retain their jobs as drug and alcohol counselors. It would be like telling a Catholic he could not keep that job because he drank alcohol during communion.

We need to be vigilant about everyone's rights in order to preserve our own.

I wandered a bit off the beaten path... I'll go stroll away into the woods now...

Upvote 0

bubblegirl23

Resident bubble chick
Apr 24, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟2,459.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I pray it is exaggeration because it's sad to think that many people have lowered bonding to a physical thing. How can these men/women say they love someone when they are cheating!?!? Am I naive to think they can't love someone enough if they're cheating, or are they lying and don't truly love the person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
bubblegirl23 said:
I pray it is exaggeration because it's sad to think that many people have lowered bonding to a physical thing. How can these men/women say they love someone when they are cheating!?!? Am I naive to think they can't love someone enough if they're cheating, or are they lying and don't truly love the person.
erm...not naive...I think that when people are in serious relationships yet strongly consider (or take part in) cheating on their significant other, then they are not only 'living' selfishly (in that they are not even considering their partner's/spouse's feelings) but they are also unaware of the lack of love in their relationship. Love is not something you merely say to a person (and I usually pose the thought that perhaps if one has to say it alot, they probably feel the need to overcompensate for the lack of love in action that they are not supplying); love IS a verb. If God were to simply exist, having never given us His word nor having never come here to save us all from an eternity of separation from Him, due to our sinful nature, it'd be pretty hard to believe that God is a god of love...why? B/C through God, not only coming to us by walking the same Earth we walk on but also by shedding His blood FOR us, He proved His love for us, through action. He didn't have to~He's God..He doesn't NEED to do anything, really. However, God being LOVE came here to show us just WHAT love really is. You get comfortable when you're in relationships, yes; but, you will never get too comfortable, as you will oftentimes be instructed (by God) to serve..offer of yourself for other people; for God, too did not come here to BE served BUT TO serve. I beg to differ if these people who brag about lascivious behavior say that they love their significant others. They do not know what real love is. Yes, in life, we do hurt the people we love ~misunderstandings/fights occur, etc..However, over the course of many years, I've learned though that many times it is brought to my attention right away (by God) if I am hurting someone (as walking with God makes us more sensitive to the needs/feelings of others), so that I may rectify the situation before any more hurt feelings come about. I do not believe that one can know true love until they hurt, which is to say, that love does hurt. The only love that does not hurt is God's love~His is perfect. The love He gives is perfect, just as the peace He gives is perfect. The love we give falls short of that though; for although we are made new through being born-again, we are still human beings, fallible creatures~i.e. we still make mistakes. However, once born-again, we realize that we are not living in the flesh anymore.

Sorry..that was a big rant, right-then

Upvote 0