ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, i feel troubled by some parts of the bible like when i read before that Jesus said to one of His disciples that he will have to be beheaded one day. Or the killing of animals but God did say in the Old Testament that when you kill you must only kill it in a certain way so that made me feel better.

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some parts are difficult, some are bloody, some are "Why did God do that?". Remember that God has the right to do as He wishes with His creation, that He loves His creation, and that He will renew it in due time.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi, i feel troubled by some parts of the bible like when i read before that Jesus said to one of His disciples that he will have to be beheaded one day. Or the killing of animals but God did say in the Old Testament that when you kill you must only kill it in a certain way so that made me feel better.
NOt all of the Bible is God's words.

Sometimes it's God's record of MAN's words, opinions, and actions.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. Or how about the part in the bible where Jesus said if one of your hands sin cut it off, it is better for one hand to go in the fire of hell than for your whole body to or sth like that? What does that mean.. literally?

That means, that if you balance anything against your soul -- your car, your job, your family, or even your hand, then your soul is more important.

So, if your car or your job or your family is making you sin, then you are better off without them.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i feel troubled by some parts of the bible
Apart from reading the bible and bible commentaries you could always challenge your minister to preach on passages he clearly hasn't preached on.

Upvote 0