• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trouble Praying

DragonLancer

Jan 4, 2009
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I often have troubles praying to the Lord, often because he an power figure, and associating with power figures often have to much power, knowledge etc,

I think you get the point and makes me embarrass to even to pray to him, even for repentance because it degrading to my heart. I know that kinda sad to hear but that what I personal feel with my emotions. I accepted that Jesus Christ as my savior, but have not been baptize to receive the holy ghost as an gift. I do not know what wrong with me, it like I am an silent person or just I do not know.

I often question myself for this paradox, and also I want to confide that I happen to be masturbating, and continue to do so because I am addicted to it, and I know it very disgusting sin to perform and without repenting. I truly do want to follow his will but I am so afraid of the path to follow.

Most of my life I have been an introvert person never really opening up to anyone for any kind of relationships, leading an very solitude life by myself.
Also scripture states that an person that knows he is sinning and not repent is in grave danger.

Be really careful on how you respond to this message, it may influence me to walk an absurd route of unknown mentality. In my last repentance towards masturbating, I keep hearing voices, and clearly heard someone said while I was repenting that I must suffer now.

PS. It was weird that I had an urge to laugh at this message for like 3 minutes. I knew some of the lord message back 3 years ago, but I turn my back against him just because I do not want to pray due to this paradox.

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟69,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just start with the Lord. Ask Him to help you know Him.

I used to be afraid of God, I couldn't pray to Him. But one night I heard the Lord Jesus say that He would show me the Father. He did, I had a vision of the throne room. In that vision the Father's love for me kept washing over me like waves. It was so amazing, how can God love me like that? But He does.

God the Father loves you that way too. Start with that.

As for hearing voices--just because you heard a voice does not mean it is God's. The Bible says to test all things, 1 John 4:1-3; 1 Cor. 12:3 God loves you, He wants the best for you.

Go to Him, ask Him for help. Don't worry about the masturbation for now--God will help you with that. Just go to Him.

Upvote 0

nathan57

Aug 24, 2007
✟15,283.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
check out this parable, its one of my favorites.

The Parable of
the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Luke 18:9-14

He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others.
"Two men went up into the temple to pray;
one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector.
The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this:
‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,
‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

It is good to be humble, but the Lord wants to hear us. He wants a relationship with us. How can we have a relationship with Him without communication? He loves you, He wants to have a relationship with you! So yes be humble, but dont tell yourself that He doesnt want to hear you. Pray to Him, it is a great thing to be able to communicate with our loving Creator. Prayer is a wonderful thing, and He wants us to practice it.

PM me whenever you need
Nathan57

Upvote 0