Trio of Texas Churches Donated to Political Candidate Despite Clear IRS Prohibition - Others put candidate election signs on their property

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The framers were either Christians, or at least deists who held to Christian principles. It is insane to imagine that they would chuck all of that and come up with a Constitution completely devoid of biblical principles.

They were constituting a government, not founding a church.
They chose to do so on the basis of We The People, not divine right.

What might one call "an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters"?

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
They were constituting a government, not founding a church.
They chose to do so on the basis of We The People, not divine right.

What might one call "an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters"?
Do you think they completely did a 180 on their worldview?

Nope.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Do you think they completely did a 180 on their worldview?
Their political philosophy was almost entirely separated from their private religious practice. And it was through the lens/worldview of political philosophy that motivated their constitution of the nation.

Where in the bible will you find the "biblical principles" of republican government or a Senate? Maybe in some slighting reference to wicked Rome?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Their political philosophy was almost entirely separated from their private religious practice. And it was through the lens/worldview of political philosophy that motivated their constitution of the nation.
I asked about worldviews, which you deftly sidestepped.
Where in the bible will you find the "biblical principles" of republican government or a Senate? Maybe in some slighting reference to wicked Rome?
I can’t believe that I must keep posting this. But okay.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
— Matthew 28:18-20

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Numbers are useless unless they actually represent something in reality.
I'll go with the thoughts of actual mathematicians.

God created reality in an orderly fashion. That’s why we have what are called laws of nature. So yes, the math used to figure things out wasn’t created, it was discovered.
Math was indeed discovered. And, since it was discovered by humans, it is written in a human language. Since it is not involved in religion it is secular.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I asked about worldviews, which you deftly sidestepped.
Nonsense. That is what a philosophy is.
I can’t believe that I must keep posting this. But okay.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
— Matthew 28:18-20
Although you may find this instruction clear, which Christian kings or religious leaders instituted or advocated for a republican form of government based on a popular plebiscite?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The framers were either Christians, or at least deists who held to Christian principles. It is insane to imagine that they would chuck all of that and come up with a Constitution completely devoid of biblical principles.
O'Rly?! So what is the biblical principle that supports a bicameral legislature? Separation of the executive power from the legislative? Voting for offices? Annual appropriations for a standing army? Exclusion of religious tests to hold office? A process of impeachment? Do tell.
As to the establishment clause, the reason it’s in there is because most states already had official churches, but they weren’t the same. So they didn’t want to try to have one single official church.

They were very wise.
Much too wise to allow theocracy.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Which is what day?

Hydrogen was either created about three minutes in when Big Bang Nucleosynthesis froze out the reactions, or at about 300,000 years when the electrons combined with the free protons to make hydrogen atoms. It depends on your prospective.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The framers were either Christians, or at least deists who held to Christian principles. It is insane to imagine that they would chuck all of that and come up with a Constitution completely devoid of biblical principles

That might be what they teach in Bible College, but the truth of the matter is the Constitution is an Enlightenment document not a Biblical one. It certainly isn't Christian since it's sans Jesus. Oh well, so much for a theocracy based on the Hebew scriptures. Alas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. That is what a philosophy is.

Although you may find this instruction clear, which Christian kings or religious leaders instituted or advocated for a republican form of government based on a popular plebiscite?
I’m not arguing for a Republican form of government. That would be ignoring other types of governments throughout the world. However, I’m an American, and that’s the government we should have. Our laws should reflect the principles for life we find in scripture. It’s given to us for our good, and only fools ignore it. I don’t want to be a fool. So there’s only two choices. Christ, or chaos.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How can that be known? Hydrogen is not necessary for a source of light. No reason to even think that light was part of creation to just God allowing his light to enter.

Upvote 0