undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So... I was reading a wiki on the Crusades this morning and stumbled on the tale of Peter Bartholomew and the Spear of Destiny. (and I'm a big fan of the movie Constantine with Keanu Reeves that featured it, at least a big fan of parts of the movie if not all of it). So it was kind of cool to see some of the legendary roots. And there wasn't much on the wiki of Peter B when I looked a little deeper.

Peter Bartholomew - Wikipedia

But this got me curious, because I was like "well did they at least let him hold the Spear when he went through the trial?"

So then, I found a much more detailed document on the whole thing at the end of this post. Which is long, and I skimmed some of it in the middle. But it was *pretty* interesting. It answered my question. And sardonically, I had been thinking "we really need to bring back this Trial by Ordeal thing" as it would solve a lot of this #fakenews stuff and be entertaining to watch as well

These guys actually volunteered to it to prove their veracity

Or...
... did they ...?

It's interesting, anyway.
TBO is not coming back, the poll is just for fun.
The article is worth reading (really it seems to be a letter to the editor but it is exceptionally well cited, almost like a thesis)

read the Peter B wiki first

And then check this out (downloads a pdf)

https://scholarlypublications.universiteitleiden.nl/access/item:2723413/download

I went "WHAAAT?!?!?!?!" at the end

Last edited: