Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By Laylan Copelin

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle doesn't want to release details about his investigation of former U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay — specifically, how he's been spending taxpayer money to bring money-laundering charges against DeLay.

Earle is suing the state attorney general to keep the information private . . .

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/07/11earle.html

What is that tag line I see on this forum all the time? You know, the one MoveOn.org and Clinton's former Chief of Staff John Podesta encourage everyone to use. Something about secrecy and accountability . . .

Foolish_Fool

Wanderer
Jun 3, 2006
Here
✟19,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can understand not releasing exact specifics like "We flew Mr. Johnson into Austin from Orlando and put him up at the Ritz." This is an ongoing investigation. However, he should have to reveal where the money is going in general like "300$ for a plane ticket, 150$ for a hotel, etc". Once the case is over then the exact specifics should be revealed.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is that tag line I see on this forum all the time? You know, the one MoveOn.org and Clinton's former Chief of Staff John Podesta encourage everyone to use. Something about secrecy and accountability . . .
:doh: yeah, something like that.

I can understand not releasing exact specifics like "We flew Mr. Johnson into Austin from Orlando and put him up at the Ritz." This is an ongoing investigation. However, he should have to reveal where the money is going in general like "300$ for a plane ticket, 150$ for a hotel, etc". Once the case is over then the exact specifics should be revealed.
i agree with everything that is said above. why does the OP think this unreasonable?

Upvote 0