Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired.

"Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."

On the recording, it appears the two Giuliani associates are telling President Trump that the U.S. ambassador has been bad-mouthing him, which leads directly to the apparent remarks by the President. The recording was made by Fruman according to sources familiar with the tape.

There it is, the consummation of a criminal conspiracy currently under federal indictment in the Southern District of New York, personally directed by Donald Trump: an exchange of public announcements by the Ukrainian Prosecutor General (Sergiy Lutsenko) which would help rig the 2020 US election for Trump in exchange for firing the US Ambassador to Ukraine (Maria Yovanovich).

Remember that the president claims to not know Parnas and Fruman despite talking to them directly on these tapes and giving them, these foreign nationals, orders to "get rid of" a U.S. Ambassador.

Also remember that Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of the President's personal attorney, have been arrested and charged by the Justice Department for violating campaign finance laws. Giuliani's associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were engaged in a scheme to funnel foreign money into American political campaigns so they could buy influence in the U.S:

Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, David Correia, and Andrey Kukushkin, the defendants, conspired to circumvent the federal laws against foreign influence by engaging in a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and state office so that the defendants could buy potential influence with candidates, campaigns, and the candidates' governments. The defendants concealed the scheme from candidates, campaigns, federal regulators, and the public by entering into secret agreements, laundering foreign money through bank accounts in the names of limited liability corporations, and through the use of straw donors (also known as "conduits" or "straw contributors") who purported to make legal campaign contributions in their own names, rather than in the name of the true source of the funds.

Fruman and Parnas, through "Global Energy Partners" made their $325,000 donation to America First Action on 5/17/18, just days after this meeting

This conspiracy predates Trump's direct extortion of President Zelensky. Here is a summary:
"They sought political influence not only to advance their own financial interests, but to advance the political interests of at least one foreign official ⁠— a Ukrainian government official (Lutsenko) who sought the dismissal of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine," Geoffrey Berman, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said at a Thursday news conference.
  • Recently revealed text messages between Parnas and Lutsenko yielded the most conclusive evidence yet that Lutsenko was specifically offering to fabricate claims about the Bidens in exchange for Yovanovich's termination.
The messages, written in Russian, show Lutsenko urging Parnas to force out Yovanovitch in exchange for cooperation regarding Biden. At one point, Lutsenko suggests he won’t make any helpful public statements unless “madam” is removed.

“It’s just that if you don’t make a decision about Madam — you are calling into question all my declarations. Including about B,” Lutsenko wrote to Parnas in a March 22 message on WhatsApp.

• As WSJ reported in October, and which is now supported by a smoking gun audio recording, Yovanovitch's removal was personally ordered by Donald Trump, consummating the conspiracy.
  • This scheme fell apart when Vlodimir Zelenskiy was elected President running on an anti-corruption platfrom, and terminated Lutsenko, who then became the subject of investigation for abuse of power.
“I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Zelensky, in what people familiar with the conversation said was a reference to Mr. Lutsenko.

“A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down,” Mr. Trump said, later adding that Mr. Lutsenko “was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor.”

In a telephone conversation that has set off a political crisis for Mr. Trump, he told Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, that she was “bad news.”

“She’s going to go through some things,” he added.

• We learned last week that the "things" Yovanovich was going through included extra-legal surveillance by Parnas or his associates, and discussion of paying entities within Ukraine to coerce, and potentially commit violence against, Yovanovich.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump was personally aware of everything that was going on, as was asserted in a letter revealed last week, from Rudy Giuliani to Vlodomir Zelensky when all of this was beginning, that everything they were doing was with the explicit "knowledge and consent" of Donald Trump.

This is a summary I saw on reddit. Credit for the bulk of it goes to reddit users slakmehl, reverendrambo and PoppinKREAM. When it's all laid out it seems pretty clear what went on. It seems to be the proverbial smoking gun.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

"Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."

On the recording, it appears the two Giuliani associates are telling President Trump that the U.S. ambassador has been bad-mouthing him, which leads directly to the apparent remarks by the President. The recording was made by Fruman according to sources familiar with the tape.

There it is, the consummation of a criminal conspiracy currently under federal indictment in the Southern District of New York, personally directed by Donald Trump: an exchange of public announcements by the Ukrainian Prosecutor General (Sergiy Lutsenko) which would help rig the 2020 US election for Trump in exchange for firing the US Ambassador to Ukraine (Maria Yovanovich).

Remember that the president claims to not know Parnas and Fruman despite talking to them directly on these tapes and giving them, these foreign nationals, orders to "get rid of" a U.S. Ambassador.

Also remember that Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of the President's personal attorney, have been arrested and charged by the Justice Department for violating campaign finance laws. Giuliani's associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were engaged in a scheme to funnel foreign money into American political campaigns so they could buy influence in the U.S:

Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, David Correia, and Andrey Kukushkin, the defendants, conspired to circumvent the federal laws against foreign influence by engaging in a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and state office so that the defendants could buy potential influence with candidates, campaigns, and the candidates' governments. The defendants concealed the scheme from candidates, campaigns, federal regulators, and the public by entering into secret agreements, laundering foreign money through bank accounts in the names of limited liability corporations, and through the use of straw donors (also known as "conduits" or "straw contributors") who purported to make legal campaign contributions in their own names, rather than in the name of the true source of the funds.

Fruman and Parnas, through "Global Energy Partners" made their $325,000 donation to America First Action on 5/17/18, just days after this meeting

This conspiracy predates Trump's direct extortion of President Zelensky. Here is a summary:
"They sought political influence not only to advance their own financial interests, but to advance the political interests of at least one foreign official ⁠— a Ukrainian government official (Lutsenko) who sought the dismissal of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine," Geoffrey Berman, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said at a Thursday news conference.
  • Recently revealed text messages between Parnas and Lutsenko yielded the most conclusive evidence yet that Lutsenko was specifically offering to fabricate claims about the Bidens in exchange for Yovanovich's termination.
The messages, written in Russian, show Lutsenko urging Parnas to force out Yovanovitch in exchange for cooperation regarding Biden. At one point, Lutsenko suggests he won’t make any helpful public statements unless “madam” is removed.

“It’s just that if you don’t make a decision about Madam — you are calling into question all my declarations. Including about B,” Lutsenko wrote to Parnas in a March 22 message on WhatsApp.

• As WSJ reported in October, and which is now supported by a smoking gun audio recording, Yovanovitch's removal was personally ordered by Donald Trump, consummating the conspiracy.
  • This scheme fell apart when Vlodimir Zelenskiy was elected President running on an anti-corruption platfrom, and terminated Lutsenko, who then became the subject of investigation for abuse of power.
“I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Zelensky, in what people familiar with the conversation said was a reference to Mr. Lutsenko.

“A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down,” Mr. Trump said, later adding that Mr. Lutsenko “was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor.”

In a telephone conversation that has set off a political crisis for Mr. Trump, he told Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, that she was “bad news.”

“She’s going to go through some things,” he added.

• We learned last week that the "things" Yovanovich was going through included extra-legal surveillance by Parnas or his associates, and discussion of paying entities within Ukraine to coerce, and potentially commit violence against, Yovanovich.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump was personally aware of everything that was going on, as was asserted in a letter revealed last week, from Rudy Giuliani to Vlodomir Zelensky when all of this was beginning, that everything they were doing was with the explicit "knowledge and consent" of Donald Trump.

This is a summary I saw on reddit. Credit for the bulk of it goes to reddit users slakmehl, reverendrambo and PoppinKREAM. When it's all laid out it seems pretty clear what went on. It seems to be the proverbial smoking gun.
There are some very brilliant and convincing impressionists around who would be able to mimic Mr Trump's voice so that in a recording no one who know the difference. Knowing what I do know about American politics and how many have wanted Mr Trump gone the moment he was elected, I wouldn't put any trust in a random recording because it can quite easily be done with a very talented impressionist.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The truth will eventually emerge much of it before the election so the President's attempt to suppress the testimony of witnesses and the release of documents will only succeed in the short term!

History will not be kind to those who enabled this President to "stonewall" the constitutional authority of Congress to conduct meaningful oversight - as the evidence continues to become public, the greater the scorn that will directed at those who chose not to hold this President accountable!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
There are some very brilliant and convincing impressionists around who would be able to mimic Mr Trump's voice so that in a recording no one who know the difference. Knowing what I do know about American politics and how many have wanted Mr Trump gone the moment he was elected, I wouldn't put any trust in a random recording because it can quite easily be done with a very talented impressionist.
The President's rant occurred in front of witnesses, but given that Republicans are desperately trying to suppress the facts, those who can corroborate the authenticity of this tape will find a different route to expose the truth!

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey I was going to say that. Virtually every late nite TV comedian does an imitation of Trump.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
FYI the video at the link in the OP has the recording at 40 second mark.

It has been discussed on tv and supposedly it also has him asking how long Ukraine would last without our help and was told 30 seconds.
Now we know with our help it's at least 370 days.

Upvote 0