Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Back To The Future

Preterism, is coming alive. Someday I will be able to worship with those who belive and teach the truth. Until then I will just have to wait.Its frustrating to sit in church when you know the doctrine is not being taught the right way. So I have been out of a 'Church" Setting for awhile. Somedays I want to go back and others I don't.

Think of me while you are at the conference. I wanted to go so badly. But I know my husband is not ready.

Nancy

Nancy,

First let me say that no one is making fun of you, sweety. You are one of the most sincere people at this forum. Your posts show you have a gentle spirit.

One day there will be preterist churches where you may go to worship. But I hope and pray your desire will be to go to church with your husband. It is God's will that our husbands are the spiritual leader of our homes. If your husband is actively studying preterism, then I pray that you are studying with him and seeking the Lord with your husband. Read and study the Bible with your husband and let him lead you in prayer.

"Ephesians 5:21-33
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
All of a sudden I feel like things are going to be ok. I can even step back into church again, not judgeing but intercessing, and that my friend feels good!! So I can be a preterist in a futurist church! (well miracles still do happen, right!) :p

Thank you
Nancy

Amen Nancy.

BTW, most of us preterists go to "futurist" churches. We are one body, made so by God's Spirit.

I can go to nearly any futurist congregation that doesn't get into endtimes madness mode.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Thirty years ago Max King shook the foundations of modern Bible interpretation by writing The Spirit of Prophecy. Throughout the '70s and '80s, this book changed the way people thought about the "last days." Now this classic of fulfilled Bible prophecy has been completely updated and republished as a fast reading biblical introduction to eschatology.

The second edition includes study questions and chapter summaries, plus a postcript on "The Transmillennial® view" by Tim King. A perfect companion book for personal or group study, or a great gift book for those new to Bible prophecy. Available in print for $19, or in e-book format for $12.
www.livingpresence.org/books/pages/3.shtml

Contents:
Preface
1: Understanding Bible Prophecy
2: The Law and the Truth
3: Abraham Had Two Sons
4: Daniel's Seventy Weeks
5: The Last Days
6: The Second Coming
7: The Kingdom of God
8: The Last Judgment
9: The End of the World
10: The Resurrection of the Dead
11: The Fall of Jerusalem
12: The Book of Revelation
13: The Plan of Redemption
14: The Transmillennial® View

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I met by lonely, was that my friends and family are big time futurists. I don't agree with that anymore.
Preterism, is coming alive. Someday I will be able to worship with those who belive and teach the truth. Until then I will just have to wait.Its frustrating to sit in church when you know the doctrine is not being taught the right way. So I have been out of a 'Church" Setting for awhile. Somedays I want to go back and others I don't.

If the person who said"I find this very sad" Was making fun of me, Stick and stones and all that stuff.

Nancy :p

That's better ,  I'm learning .   

My question  above is in relation to this quote

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Brian45
Are there any christian denominations catering for preterists , and if not , why not ?

Most people have a denomination that suits their beleifs .

Preterists can be found in all denominations, therefore it is not a denomination itself, in fact many denominations teach a very strong partial preterist view. From the CoC, to the Baptists, to the Roman Catholics, preterist thinking is actually quite rampant across the board.

There are a growing number of Churches in this country that teach a fully preterist eschatology.

Here is a link to some of those ministries:

http://www.preteristarchive.com/SupportMinisters/index.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess my next question is "Why is this in Non-Christian Religion"?

Pat
Mine too...I think you might get more answers in a different section of the site. Maybe eschatology? I'll see if we can get this thread moved to a more appropriate area. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.