Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FRESNO, Calif. - When school officials announce the name of the Fresno High School prom king on Saturday, Cinthia Covarrubias will be wearing a tuxedo just like the six boys vying for the honor. Administrators agreed to reverse a district protocol this week that limited males to compete for the title after Covarrubias was nominated by her classmates.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsst...070420/46298c40_3ca6_1552620070421-1910069574

How disgusting. I pray that she does not win. :crossrc:

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
That article is just filled with LOL.

"It's not like the stereotype where the king has to be a jock and he's there with the cheerleaders anymore," said Reyes, a senior. "We live in a generation now where dudes are chicks and chicks are dudes."

"I like lesbians, but they shouldn't be allowed to run for king," said senior Erich Logan, 18, as he stood outside the stately high school building.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spectacular! When I was in high school, I don't think gay couples were even allowed to GO to the prom at a lot of schools :(.

Well, just to be clear, the student isn't really gay per-se. Most transgendered people continue to pursue relationships with whatever gender that they were pursuing before changing sex, which is often the opposite sex.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the irony of this:

How disgusting. I pray that she does not win. :crossrc:

:crossrc: Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It must be a radically progressive school, seeing as how the school has a Gay-Straight Alliance. I doubt such a school would have much problem with a transgendered person running for ANYTHING.

Anyway, I think the whole popularity contest prom king/queen thing is just silly. I mean, really, what does it represent? It would be cool to see someone who has probably struggled with feeling accepted to win such a vote.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Anyway, I think the whole popularity contest prom king/queen thing is just silly. I mean, really, what does it represent? It would be cool to see someone who has probably struggled with feeling accepted to win such a vote.

It is a silly tradition that is meaningless the next day (except to those who "peak" in high school and can revel in their victory for the rest of their lives..lol). It's certainly nothing anyone should be waste their time praying to god to control the outcome of.

Upvote 0

Dasdream

Noone's perfect, so why are we judging each other
Jul 18, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟12,646.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
dressing like a male (baggy pants etc.) is one thing, but KING means MALE, MEN, BOYS. QUEEN means FEMALE, WOMEN, GIRLS. I don;
't care what she or he feels inside, because truth is God made her a female and she should be treated like one. What's next, a transgendered Ms. America?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟278,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find this post really offensive and insensitive.

The Constitution of the United States does not grant any of us an inalienable right to never be offended. People say things that I find offensive every day. You know what I do? I acknowledge their right to say what they please, and move on. I suggest we should all do the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Constitution of the United States does not grant any of us an inalienable right to never be offended. People say things that I find offensive every day. You know what I do? I acknowledge their right to say what they please, and move on. I suggest we should all do the same.

Of course people don't have the right to not be offended, and I'm not questioning that, nor am I questioning your right to post what you did. I thought that maybe, given a chance to see how offensive and hurtful your post could be, you might want to reconsider it. I guess not.

Upvote 0

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟17,374.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nobody said, "let shout her down and not let her say anything offensive!" It was just pointed out, and rightfully so, that the OP was a decidedly unchristian remark.

Upvote 0

bammertheblue

Veteran
Feb 10, 2006
Washington, DC
✟10,377.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Good point and very true, my bad. I guess my mind just immediately went back to when I was in high school and wondering if it would be worth it to try to fight to get to take my girlfriend at the time to the prom.

Well, just to be clear, the student isn't really gay per-se. Most transgendered people continue to pursue relationships with whatever gender that they were pursuing before changing sex, which is often the opposite sex.

Upvote 0

bammertheblue

Veteran
Feb 10, 2006
Washington, DC
✟10,377.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Because if the gender a person feels in his or her brain is different from the one that manifests in his or her genitalia, they should be miserable forever?

Yikes.

A transgendered Miss America would be awesome! ^_^

Edit: I know, "the gender a person feels in his or her brain" is awkward. Sorry.

dressing like a male (baggy pants etc.) is one thing, but KING means MALE, MEN, BOYS. QUEEN means FEMALE, WOMEN, GIRLS. I don;
't care what she or he feels inside, because truth is God made her a female and she should be treated like one. What's next, a transgendered Ms. America?

Upvote 0

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
dressing like a male (baggy pants etc.) is one thing, but KING means MALE, MEN, BOYS. QUEEN means FEMALE, WOMEN, GIRLS. I don't care what she or he feels inside, because truth is God made her a female and she should be treated like one. What's next, a transgendered Ms. America?

God made my cousin a person with spina bifida. If he had wanted him to be able to get around like other people, he wouldn't have given him a physical handicap. Therefore, my cousin should not be using a wheelchair.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.