North-East England
✟36,587.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A transexual is simply a homosexual with surgery. The idea that the person feels trapped is no excuse for the sin. They can overcome this sin with repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I wonder really are you ACTUALLY reading what has been posted or are you just listening to yourself.

theres a massive differance between HOMOsexuals and TRANSsexual, the clues in the name for starters also a sexual desire isn't a factor with transsexuals, its more about being seen as the gender we feel we are and as for surgery, I know a few transsexuals who dont or can't have surgery for many reasons, myself included.

But I can see I'm wasting my time here trying to explain the differances between homosexuals and transsexuals so I'm gonna leave it at explaination of the differances.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
A transexual is simply a homosexual with surgery. The idea that the person feels trapped is no excuse for the sin. They can overcome this sin with repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

My first post here, and one I shall probably have my head bitten off over a good many times but I just had to respond to this.

Going by your logic, a transexual who is born with male sexual organs, and later has them changed to female sexual organs is simply a gay man having surgery to have sex with other guys? Correct?

If that is the case then can you please explain why myself as someone who has gone through this process and did so before ever being attracted to anyone or being in a relationship, now finds themselves in a relationship with a woman?

(Of course in my opinion this does make my homosexual, but not from the perspective you seem to be approaching this from. But seeing as I see gender and sexuality to be completely seperate I shall leave that debate for another thread).

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So its okay for you dress how you feel and be with who you want to be and not for me?

Sadly this is the way many people are going to always feel.

The thing about transexuality is that a person is actually transexual themselves there is no way of them knowing just how nessecery and compulsary the change is.

Fortunately there are many non-transexuals out there who do realize it is nessecery at the very least and offer support.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither ethical nor unethical: it's the way life is.

Most people are born with male brains and male bodies or female brains and female bodies.

For whatever reason, occasionally nature makes an accident.

Fortunately, now we have the technology to rectify that accident.

(Ditto the problem of intersexed babies — babies born with two sets of gonads, male and female; ditto the problem of Siamese twins; and hopefully sometime they'll be able to do the same thing for diabetics.)

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is clear in His word thhat He does not offer us a choice. Even dressing of the opposite sex is sin. The fact thhat someone wants to be a different gender is not their choice. We are to be content wiith how we are born in this area and live as we were created. Someone may have temptations to be a different sex and yet overcome this by salvation. Or someoone may want to be a different sex and live it oout with a sex change, but they are still the gender thhat thhey are born with and if they marry or have relations with someone of a gendere other then what they were born with theh become a homosexual. Or if they simply dress as the opposite sex they are in sin.
The answer is to repent and become saved.

I wonder really are you ACTUALLY reading what has been posted or are you just listening to yourself.

theres a massive differance between HOMOsexuals and TRANSsexual, the clues in the name for starters also a sexual desire isn't a factor with transsexuals, its more about being seen as the gender we feel we are and as for surgery, I know a few transsexuals who dont or can't have surgery for many reasons, myself included.

But I can see I'm wasting my time here trying to explain the differances between homosexuals and transsexuals so I'm gonna leave it at explaination of the differances.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I certainly won't bite your head off. I will however tell you the truth. First off a person is not born a transexual. They choose to become one. We are all tempted in different ways and this is simply one of them. We choose too either resist the temptation or give in to it. The transexual has chosen to give in to it. The scripture is very clear on the issue of same sex or even cross dressing. Today we have medical abilities to cover up certain sins and in this case of homosexuality it is being done, but God does not accept it. Unless the person repents they remain in thier sin according to scripture.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God

My first post here, and one I shall probably have my head bitten off over a good many times but I just had to respond to this.

Going by your logic, a transexual who is born with male sexual organs, and later has them changed to female sexual organs is simply a gay man having surgery to have sex with other guys? Correct?

If that is the case then can you please explain why myself as someone who has gone through this process and did so before ever being attracted to anyone or being in a relationship, now finds themselves in a relationship with a woman?

(Of course in my opinion this does make my homosexual, but not from the perspective you seem to be approaching this from. But seeing as I see gender and sexuality to be completely seperate I shall leave that debate for another thread).

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I certainly won't bite your head off.

Thank you

I will however tell you the truth. First off a person is not born a transexual.

The thing is there is quite substantial evidence that they are. many studies show the differences between transexual and non-transexual brains. The study in post #157 of this thread http://www.christianforums.com/t5353997&page=16 shows this

While I realize personal testimony is entirely subjective, I myself can remember from as early as age four wanting to be the opposite gender because it was just how I felt.

They choose to become one. We are all tempted in different ways and this is simply one of them. We choose too either resist the temptation or give in to it. The transexual has chosen to give in to it.

I have simply given in to the way I was born, a female brain (and soul for that matter) in a male body. The body needed correction for me to be myself.

The scripture is very clear on the issue of same sex or even cross dressing. Today we have medical abilities to cover up certain sins and in this case of homosexuality it is being done, but God does not accept it. Unless the person repents they remain in thier sin according to scripture.

The thing is, it isn't clear. As if it was there wouldn't be a debate on this thread about it amongst Christians.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God

I fail to see how this verse applies to transexuality (or homosexuality for that matter).

Reactions: OceanAngel
Upvote 0

OceanAngel

Back?
Jan 23, 2004
North-East England
✟36,587.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God is clear in His word thhat He does not offer us a choice. Even dressing of the opposite sex is sin. The fact thhat someone wants to be a different gender is not their choice. We are to be content wiith how we are born in this area and live as we were created. Someone may have temptations to be a different sex and yet overcome this by salvation. Or someoone may want to be a different sex and live it oout with a sex change, but they are still the gender thhat thhey are born with and if they marry or have relations with someone of a gendere other then what they were born with theh become a homosexual. Or if they simply dress as the opposite sex they are in sin.
The answer is to repent and become saved.

Then all I can say is I dont like this God of yours if he doesn't offer someone the choice to help themsevles from a situation thats killing them.

And when I was a 6 year old, I chose then to become a transsexual?

that makes no sense as I didn't even know what one was, all I knew as I know then is that I'm female

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually there is no such reliable study. The studies that have taken place were all of dead people who lived in this sin for years. And yes this can account for certqain changes in the brain, but not from birth. Also we are told thhat no temptation has taken us but that which is common to man and God will not alllow us to be tempted abopve whhat we can handle. So anyone who falls to becoming a transexual has chosen to do this. it is rebellion. It can be forgiven as any sin IF they repent and come to faith. That would require to turn from this sin.

The fact that a person seeks sin at an early age is no argument. It actually shows the truth of God's word in that we are alll sinners. There is none riighteous no not one. Not even a child!
And no the body did not need correcting. The mind does however. That comes with repentance and faith at salvation.

Yes it is clear, but there are those who reject the word of God for their own sins. The bible says this;
2Ti 3:7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

You say that scripture is not clear. How so? In 1 Corinthians 6 the translators did not use the term homosexual. Instaed they used the term "effeminate" which comes from the greek word "
malakos
and it means; 1) soft, soft to the touch
2) metaph. in a bad sense
a) effeminate
1) of a catamite
2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
4) of a male prostitute

Also they translated the Greek word
arsenokoitēs as "abusers of themselves with mankind." The Greek word
"arsenokoitēs" actually means; one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual.
So you see the bible is clear. Those who are ingaged in any of these things are not saved according to scripture. They will not inherit the kingdom of God. They can repent and become part of God's family, but not untill they do will that happen. I will pray that you find the truth and are set free. God bless.

Thank you

The thing is there is quite substantial evidence that they are. many studies show the differences between transexual and non-transexual brains. The study in post #157 of this thread http://www.christianforums.com/t5353997&page=16 shows this

While I realize personal testimony is entirely subjective, I myself can remember from as early as age four wanting to be the opposite gender because it was just how I felt.

I have simply given in to the way I was born, a female brain (and soul for that matter) in a male body. The body needed correction for me to be myself.

The thing is, it isn't clear. As if it was there wouldn't be a debate on this thread about it amongst Christians.

I fail to see how this verse applies to transexuality (or homosexuality for that matter).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is one great thing about God. He allows us to choose, but the choice can be very costly and always involves eternity. Since He is not going to change we have to if we are to end up with Him for eternity. No exceptions!
And no you are not a female. You are male as God gave yoou. You have decided to go against His creation. The temptation came and you could have resisted, but chose not to. You can still repent and have all that God offers in Christ Jesus, but it only happens if we repent.

Then all I can say is I dont like this God of yours if he doesn't offer someone the choice to help themsevles from a situation thats killing them.

And when I was a 6 year old, I chose then to become a transsexual?

that makes no sense as I didn't even know what one was, all I knew as I know then is that I'm female

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, i will, its a female soul. :D

thank you for judging me and my situation without meeting me, its good of you.

I have not judged you. You are judged by the word. I have offered you freedom and eternal life and you rejected it. You have in effect judged yourself. The fact that you might be a very nice person to be around will not save you. You have to repent. That means you accept ALL of God's ways no matter how much they go against your desires. It applies to those who are not homosexuals as well as those who are. There is no exceptions. We do not get to choose our gender or sexual orientation. God does that and choosing against Him brings judgement. Judgement or forgiveness the choice is ours.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.