Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe the Vatican will do away with the Anglican-use Mass. You have proved no evidence or any reason to believe this.

Right. All I have on my side is what the Vatican's position is.

And you have...what?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Albion
t should also be noted that it is the "use" that is the only thing that amounts to being even partially "Anglican." All the doctrines that are official and expected of members are of course Roman Catholic. There is no equivocation on such matters as Purgatory, the Assumption of Mary, the Infallibility of the Pope, Transubstantiation, Indulgences, etc.
of course, they want to be in communion with Rome, they want to be Catholic, this is what the Church believes, historicly this is what the CHurch in England believed before schism removed most of the english from the visible Church
I would really like to see an Anglican Rite, I think it would be a great thing and make is simpler for more anglicans to join the Church

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Albion
of course, they want to be in communion with Rome, they want to be Catholic, this is what the Church believes

Certainly. If one joins the RCC, as TAC appears to be asking permission to do, it follows that he accepts all that she teaches.

The problem is that some Anglicans and some Catholics appear to be under the impression that there is some middle ground being negotiated and/or that Anglican Use is not what it is but something more flexible.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No middle ground,
This is what the Church teaches, you might be able to keep your traditions of style of litergy but you will adopt all the Traditions and Dogmas of the Church,
Since the Catholic Church does not recognize the ordnation of the anglican priests would they all have to be ordained to be priests in the Catholic Church? I would hope so

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
you might be able to keep your traditions of style of litergy but you will adopt all the Traditions and Dogmas of the Church,

No, this is to fall into the mindset I was speaking about. There is no proposal on the table, no negotiations, nothing asking for keeping anything (except, possibly, a Pastoral Provision for the TAC clergy). Even if the Anglican Use route were offered to these people, it would not amount to keeping Anglican styles of liturgy.

Since the Catholic Churcgyh does not recognize the ordination of the anglican priests would they all have to be ordained to be priests in the Catholic Church? I would hope so

Probably they would all be allowed to come in under the Pastoral Provision which allows married men to be priests, but requires re-ordination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
PORTSMOUTH, UK: Traditional Anglican Communion Seeks Full Union With Rome

Statement authorized by the TAC Primate

16th October 2007

"The College of Bishops of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) met in Plenary Session in Portsmouth, England, in the first week of October 2007. The Bishops and Vicars-General unanimously agreed to the text of a letter to the See of Rome seeking full, corporate, sacramental union. The letter was signed solemnly by all the College and en-trusted to the Primate and two bishops chosen by the College to be presented to the Holy See.

The letter was cordially received at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The Primate of the TAC has agreed that no member of the College will give interviews until the Holy See has considered the letter and responded."

+ John Hepworth
Primate TAC

This is absolutely wonderful news. I look forward to soon attending the TAC Mass.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the Catholic Herald, UK today.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/news_1.html

. . . Fr Peter Geldard, Catholic chaplain at the University of Kent and a former Anglican priest, has been consulted on the subject by both the TAC and the Vatican.
He spoke several times with Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who he said was very concerned about how to resolve the situation.
“[Benedict XVI] is very knowledgeable on this whole area and has taken it very seriously,” he said.
Fr Geldard stressed that the arrangement to preserve some of the TAC’s Anglican identity should be made so that it can be applied to other rebel groups, as well as potential converts from the official Anglican Communion.
Fr Geldard also raised the possibility that the Vatican might appoint a Rome-based prelature with authority over the group around the world.

Also, see the editorial: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features_opinion/features_4.html

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,818.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Please take note that in Rome the 23-24 of November there will be a concistory, that is a meeting between the pope and the cardinals, like a senate.
We are interested in the matter that will be discussed at close doors between the pope and the cardinals the days before the final ceremony (the one when new cardinals are created).

The matter of this session is the 'ecumenism', and it will be possibly the moment when the pope will discuss and debate with the cardinals about this breaking news of the TAC.
BXVI usually listen the cardinals before to take the very important decisions

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From the Catholic Herald, UK today.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/news_1.html

. . . Fr Peter Geldard, Catholic chaplain at the University of Kent and a former Anglican priest, has been consulted on the subject by both the TAC and the Vatican.
He spoke several times with Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who he said was very concerned about how to resolve the situation.
“[Benedict XVI] is very knowledgeable on this whole area and has taken it very seriously,” he said.
Fr Geldard stressed that the arrangement to preserve some of the TAC’s Anglican identity should be made so that it can be applied to other rebel groups, as well as potential converts from the official Anglican Communion.
Fr Geldard also raised the possibility that the Vatican might appoint a Rome-based prelature with authority over the group around the world.

Also, see the editorial: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features_opinion/features_4.html

Fr. Geldard seems to be holding out the possibility of some retention of an Anglican identity for former TAC members once they join the RCC. If so, this may be more than TAC has asked of the Vatican, but still something Fr. Geldard recognizes as worth consideration if the way is to be open for other Anglican conversions. Anyway, this looks like encouraging news for you, Secundulus, and I hope it works out for you.

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a tragedy. I believe in unity, but not unity at the sake of submitting to false teaching.

Roman Catholics are my bretheren, but if I thought their church was the Holy Catholic Church, and that their teaching was Pure, i would be a Roman Catholic.

I seek Unity with my roman brothers, but as an Anglican i must say, Rome needs to Repent, rome needs to take its rightful place as a patriarchate, not a facade of the Universal Church, before true unity can be achieved.

I mean no offense to my roman brothers, but we all know we can't agree all the time ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.