Traditional Adventist's Beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟15,713.00
Faith
Christian
The problem is Cliff, not many folks(non-SDAs) call up and ask the GC president or consult the church manual about such things, and therein lies the danger. you have rank and file members passing this stuff on to new members(or potential members), and yes, even some pastors helping in the the spreading of disinformation.

Cliff2 said:
I lived in Cooranbong in those days and was right in the middle of it all.

Believe me I have heard plenty but not not much of this material being claimed that has been said from the pulpit.

Some indidiuals may say it but even if it said from the pulpit it has never been official Church doctrine.

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟15,713.00
Faith
Christian
It is that no one has confronted them about their beliefs, T&O, but they are truly convinced through some unfortunate combination of Bible texts and EGW qutoes they, like so many others, are covinced that their position is not only right, but also God's position. Let us not forget that these folks an be trusted elder members, SS teachers, church leaders. How are you going to dispute that? Like Moicherie says it is ike dealing with the Al Queda of Adventism.

It is not us, who belong to the church that belief the the official doctrine is as they say, we know better. It's the folks they bring in, the new members to which they attach themselves, family members they talk to, co workers and everyone else to which they "witness". Voila! We are a cult!

TrustAndObey said:
Instead of making lists, why aren't you going directly to the people that say these things and setting them straight? Why has it become an issue with the church instead of an issue with the people that say these things? I could be in the church 60 years and never hear this nonsense, but if I do, you better believe I will go directly to the person who says it.

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
woobadooba said:
You can't see how it has been torn down with all of the belittling that has been going on in this thread?

Will read the thread again but someone having an opposing view is not belittling is just an opposing view. Plus it helps when people don't make assumptions about other people's posting intentions. (General observation) Anway time to sleep. Good nite all:sleep:

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
moicherie said:
Will read the thread again but someone having an opposing view is not belittling is just an opposing view. Plus it helps when people don't make assumptions about other people's posting intentions. (General observation) Anway time to sleep. Good nite all:sleep:

Take a look at post #44 when you get a chance. I am not the only one that sees this!

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
moicherie said:
:scratch:
Huh? Please name the post where this truth hs been torn down

Often claims are made about one thing or another yet none seem to be able or willing to provide information. I would also like to hear the brothers response... listening.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seraph1m said:
Often claims are made about one thing or another yet none seem to be able or willing to provide information. I would also like to hear the brothers response... listening.

I suppose you missed the post where I told Mo to go to post 44. You can go there too, to see that I am not the only one who sees this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
woobadooba said:
I suppose you missed the post where I told Mo to go to post 44. You can go there too, to see that I am not the only one who sees this.

That is not a specific instance of someone belittling another in this thread... but thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seraph1m said:
That is not a specific instance of someone belittling another in this thread... but thanks anyway.

Asking me to be specific just isn't right. Do you want me to gossip? You can figure it out for yourself!

And I just want to add that if the moderator can see this, it doesn't matter what specific case(s) it could be referring to. The point is, it happened!

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
woobadooba said:
Asking me to be specific just isn't right. Do you want me to gossip? You can figure it out for yourself!
If there are no specific instances, then it is also "isn't right" to claim something is there that is not. My grandmother would say "if it's not the truth baby then what is it"?

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seraph1m said:
If there are no specific instances, then it is also "isn't right" to claim something is there that is not. My grandmother would say "if it's not the truth baby then what is it"?

Are you implying that the moderator is a liar?

There is a reason why Dave said what he said in post #44. And I too am aware of a specific case, that I do not care to discuss, because I do not want to gossip.

And you are being very pushy now. Please back off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.