Virginia
✟262.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I am not a doctor but I may suffer with this disorder and I wanted to talk to others that might have this also. I have had this twitching of the neck since I was a child but have never talked to anyone about it until a recent visit to the VA hospital in my area. It has really bothered me all these years and I wanted to know if I could get some relief or even stop this nagging habit.
From all the material I have read on the subject I tend to think I have a mild case of tourettes. You know the tics and shrugging the shoulders etc. No loud noises or anything like that but very annoying and debilitating tics most of the times.
The neuroligist does not think it is tourettes but he prescribed some medicine that can be used for tics and that disorder and so far it has done very well in slowing the tics down.
The doctor asked questions about my life especially when in childhood ( since tourettes always starts before 18 years of age. Wheather I batted my eyes or had ADD or was disruptive in class or if I was compulsive like one of you asked me checking everything constantly etc. I told him I batted my eyes but none of the rest. And this is why he does not think it is tourettes, but I do think so and this is why I would like to discuss this problem with others that have the problem or think they do. Thanks. Mixster

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I think every child bats his eyes. I knew of kids that did it but stopped and I did for a short time and stopped. Yet some kids never stop. I feel sorry for the ones who never stop. I knew one guy kept doing it from elementary school through high school. I don't know if he ever stopped.

But I'm sorry about your problem Mix. :( I really hope the new medicine will do the trick. Who knows? It might knock it right out and you won't have the problem anymore and won't have to keep taking the medicine. I hope and pray that happens.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.