tounge speaking - do you have to do it every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, guys.

This thread was set up to gain information and knowledge about the gift of tongues. It is not for people to hijack with their personal debating issues.

Set up your own thread for that and stop trolling on other people's territory.

Upvote 0

BroGinder

Veteran
Aug 18, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟14,621.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even more than that, please lets remember that we are on a Christian forums. I am not making any accusations only asking each of us to read what we a reposting and lets make sure that the Love of Christ is shinning through our posts. We are to Love our neighbors as ourself.

There are non-Christians surfing through these forums as well. Seeking knowledge and encouragement. They need not meet a group of hypocrites there are enough of those in the world already.

Once again, not pointing any fingers, just a friendly loving reminder that some of these topics are very personal and we can become passionate about them. LEts always make sure we are communicating in s Loving, Gracious, and Merciful fashion.

Thank you God Bless

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have a related question regarding speaking in tongues. Sometimes, when I'm praying in the spirit in tongues and praising God, then all of a sudden it's like my voice changes, as if the Lord was speaking back.

Then when I interpret it in English, it's like a personal message to me from the Lord. I first had this experience once, when I was praying in tongues for about one half hour, and all of a sudden I was speaking in English, but it was the Lord speaking back to my surprise.

I never ever even attempted to do that beforehand, nor was I trying to then, because I lacked faith I could actually speak or prophesy a message from the Lord. I could speak in tongues. Yes! But not prophesy from the Lord, like I heard so many others do in church.

Speaking in tongues and praising God was one thing, but God speaking back and prophesying to others or even myself in this case was a new thing for me at the time.

I realize that scripture says that this should be done in the midst of at least two or three witnesses, but these experiences are actually the Lord speaking directly to me rather than others, so I ask if this seems appropriate to those on this thread.

What do you all think about my question? Can the Lord speak in private to us personally using tonges and interpretation apart from two or three witnesses? Because it seems to happen to me once in a while.
yea it's happened to me on occaison as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.