Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Messiah's spoken words are the Torah of the Spirit.

The Torah of the Spirit is the Torah of Messiah.

Yeshua spoke the words of God by the Spirit of God within him. The Torah of the Spirit is the Torah of Messiah, because Messiah was given the Spirit to announce the justice of God to the world in regards to sin, righteousness, and judgement. God has spoken again from heaven, from above. And as prophesied by Moses in Deut 18, if we do not listen to 'his words' we will surely die, in our sins.

The Torah of the Spirit releases us from the Torah that deals with sin and death because having been united with Messiah through his death we are living in a new way provided by the Spirit. Romans 7:1-13

Because we are dead to the Torah dealing with sins and death there is no longer any condemnation now or in the future for those who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua. Because the Torah of the Spirit which produces this life in union with Messiah Yeshua has set me free from sin and death by uniting my heart with the Spirit of God. Romans 8:1-2

Where the Spirit of God is there is freedom over sin and death. 2 Corinthians 3:17

The Spirit gives life, following laws dealing with sin and death are of no help to bring life to you. The words Yeshua speaks are life, applying the works of the flesh, laws dealing with sin and death are of no help giving life to the world. Only receiving the Spirit within will accomplish the giving of life to your soul. John 6:63

Messiah received the Spirit of God within him to announce justice to the nations of the world. Matthew 12:18

The work, the command God has given all, is to come to Yeshua for eternal life. Believe the words Yeshua speaks, as spoken by the Spirit of God. He gave the Torah of the Spirit to all the world. Come to Yeshua, listen to his words to receive life. His words are as God is speaking. It is God's Spirit who is speaking through Yeshua, it is God's will that all believe in him and receive eternal life, being raised in the last day. This is why God sent Yeshua, to speak the words of God, the words of Life, to hang Yeshua on a pole for all to look upon and believe for the forgiveness of our sins. It brings life to all who believe. This was not like the previous bread, not like the Torah dealing with sin and death. Once sin and death are dealt with we become dead to it's Torah, it's instructions. Because we are alive by the Spirit that dwells within us that brings life to our very being. John 6:29-51

Yeshua's very words bring eternal life, because they are the Spirit of the living God speaking to us. John 8:51

Yeshua's commands are the commands of the Spirit, the Torah of the Spirit. The command is to come to Yeshua for life. To die to your sins as you receive the Holy Spirit of God as Yeshua has and rise to eternal life after our own death. If we love Yeshua we will come to him for the Torah of the Spirit which gives life. If we come to Yeshua he will give us the Spirit that he received, the Spirit of God. By this we realize that Yeshua is one with God the Father, and we are one with Yeshua. All who love Yeshua keep THIS teaching. That the Father loves us, and both Yeshua and the Father through the Spirit of God come to live and dwell within our very hearts. The Spirit of truth is with us forever. John 14:15-24

The very words Yeshua spoke were the commands we were to follow. This is why God's command is for all to come to Yeshua, to receive his words, of life. Yeshua gave commands, the greatest of which was to 'be like him an lay down our lives for one another'. He gave us the perfect example of how to follow the Torah of the Spirit. The Torah of the Spirit testifies about Yeshua, not about the Torah of sin and death. The Torah of the Spirit produces a life in union with Messiah Yeshua, and sets one free from the Law dealing with sin and death. Hence, the Spirit testifies about the life Yeshua brings to the world, not about how to atone for sins and death before this gift was given to us. John 15:1-26

The Spirit receives all instruction from Yeshua, he reveals things to us from the Spirit. The Torah of the Spirit glorifies Yeshua, and makes all things known to us. It is the Spirit that brings life, the Torah of the flesh is of no help. John 16:17-28

The Torah of the Spirit given by Yeshua reveled the Father and spoke his words. That Yeshua came and was sent by God the Father to speak the Torah of the Spirit which gives life to the dead. If we believe. Yeshua has given us the Spirit of God that we may all be one, Yeshua in us, God in Yeshua, so that we may be made completely whole and united as one. John 17:5-22

I follow the Torah of the Spirit, given by Messiah Yeshua. All Yeshua's words, because they are 'the Spirit of God'. Commanding us to believe in the One God sent, Yeshua and his words. This is why God placed his Spirit within Yeshua the Messiah. To speak commands to us. All the words of Messiah are commands by the Spirit of God to lead us to salvation. He has led the way to the inner sanctuary, for us to be united as one with God. Through the Spirit, given by the Messiah Yeshua. Who comes to live within our hearts. Writing his ways upon them. Living along with us as we travel in this wilderness. A 'little sanctuary' till the day he restores ALL our fortunes. May he come quickly and soon, even in our day!

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Frequent mention of 'Torah of the spirit' is made in the initial post here. What is 'Torah of the spirit', but the essence of grace dwelt upon by the Gospels and Epistles of the New Covenant? Why put a new spin on established words and connotations? I submit that the new phrase doesn't clarify anything, but only adds to confusion of the reader as to the agenda of the writer and the meaning of the words written here.

Two pillars of redemption are the Law and Grace.

The Law generally refers to the 10 commandments. Everyone, Jew and gentile alike, acknowledges the basic laws of spiritual responsibility and human morality. Grace is that active component of the divine character that enables human response as defined by the Law. In other words, the Law convicts us of sin while grace enables forgiveness and a return to living by the Law before God.

Y'shuah said that He didn't come to abolish the Law (Matt 5:17) as many Christians mistakenly suppose and many Jews accuse. Y'shuah fulfilled the Law, thus enabling Grace to save.

At issue is Christian misunderstanding of the Law and its applications throughout scripture and spiritual life. Christians can hold forth for hours on the benefits of grace, but do not know the deep meaning of the Law.

At issue is Jewish misunderstanding of Grace and its applications throughout scripture and spiritual salvation. Jews can hold forth for hours on the benefits and requirements of the Law, but do not know the deep meaning of Grace.

We are at odds with one another for no good reason in heaven or on earth. 'Torah of the spirit' is an invented phrase that ought to be dropped from the lexicon of discussion. It only confuses issues that are already contentious.

Y'shuah saves - by the Law, by the book. There are no special considerations other than that it cost Him His life. Our response is to acknowledge what Y'shuah did for us and accept Him for it. What better act is there for man to accomplish?

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Frequent mention of 'Torah of the spirit' is made in the initial post here. What is 'Torah of the spirit', but the essence of grace dwelt upon by the Gospels and Epistles of the New Covenant? Why put a new spin on established words and connotations? I submit that the new phrase doesn't clarify anything, but only adds to confusion of the reader as to the agenda of the writer and the meaning of the words written here.
As a Messianic Jew I've used the Complete Jewish Bible since it's inception. It's the version i'm most comfortable with. Odd that a 'Messianic' would have issues with the use of Jewish terminology when expressing the faith given to us.
Do you believe you have died to the law through the body of Christ, having been released from the law to serve in a new way of the Spirit, not according to the written law?

Do you believe sin still condemns those who are in Christ Jesus? Do you believe the law of the Spirit sets one free from the laws dealing with sin and death?
Do you believe the Spirit testifies about Yeshua, not about the law?

The law of the Spirit produces a life in union with Christ Jesus, and sets one free from the Law dealing with sin and death. The Spirit testifies about the life Yeshua brings to the world, not about how to atone for sins and death before this gift was given to us.

Are you not familiar with the Law of the Spirit, and how it is ministered by Christ Jesus in this new covenant?

Do you believe the Spirit was given and unites us with God as our seal till redemption?

John 6​
63 It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life,

John 15
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you.

Do you believe the words Yeshua spoke is the Spirit giving instruction from God? Are you cleansed by his words, have they brought to you life, and union with God and Yeshua? Do they dwell within you as a work of the Spirit, or a work of the law?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Torah of the Spirit releases us from the Torah that deals with sin and death because having been united with Messiah through his death we are living in a new way provided by the Spirit. Romans 7:1-13

Romans 7
1 Surely you know, brothers – for I am speaking to those who understand Torah – that the Torah has authority over a person only so long as he lives?

4 Thus, my brothers, you have been made dead with regard to the Torah through the Messiah’s body, so that you may belong to someone else, namely, the one who has been raised from the dead, in order for us to bear fruit for God.

5 For when we were living according to our old nature, the passions connected with sins worked through the Torah in our various parts, with the result that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now we have been released from this aspect of the Torah, because we have died to that which had us in its clutches, so that we are serving in the new way provided by the Spirit and not in the old way of outwardly following the letter of the law.

9 I was once alive outside the framework of Torah. But when the commandment really encountered me, sin sprang to life, 10 and I died. The commandment that was intended to bring me life was found to be bringing me death!

13….it was sin working death in me through something good, so that sin might be clearly exposed as sin, so that sin through the commandment might come to be experienced as sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit;​

All authority has been given to......? Hence, the Law dealing with sin and death has no authority over those who live by the Law of the Spirit. Or did Jesus give the Law dealing with sin and death authority over those who are united as one with him? No, the opposite. When all authority in heaven and earth was given to Jesus it released those who received the Spirit from the authority of the Law that dealt with sins and death.

Because we have died along with Christ and live not by our own power but by the new way provided by the Spirit given all who are his. We have been made dead in regards to the Law through Christ's body so that we may become one with him and serve God in newness of the Spirit instead of following the letter of the law.

The Law is holy and good, but what law is against faith working itself out in love? What law is against the Spirit living within you and leading you into all truth? As long as you are united as one with God through the Spirit who bears his instructions from Jesus what condemns us? When we sin, is he not there to pick you up and clean you of with fresh words of wisdom spoken directly to your heart from the Spirit? Will he not forgive and redeem you 70x7 as long as the day is long? Is he not patient enough to bare your burdens all our life? The Law served it's purpose and continues to serve it's purpose. But when sin and death is completely swallowed up, what will remain of the Law, of sin and death?

Are we not God's children now? Do we not have the seal of his Spirit as our testimony? And if we do, should we not be testifying about the Christ Jesus who takes away the sins of the world? Shouldn't the Spirit within us testify to everything Christ did and said? Has he not commanded us to receive the Spirit and be united as one with him? Is this not the way he ministers the new covenant through giving instruction through the Spirit? Are we not under the Law of the Spirit? As opposed to the Laws that deal with sins and death?

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Because we are dead to the Torah dealing with sins and death there is no longer any condemnation now or in the future for those who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua. Because the Torah of the Spirit which produces this life in union with Messiah Yeshua has set me free from sin and death by uniting my heart with the Spirit of God. Romans 8:1-2
Romans 8
1 Therefore, there is no longer any condemnation awaiting those who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua. 2 Why? Because the Torah of the Spirit, which produces this life in union with Messiah Yeshua, has set me free from the “Torah” of sin and death.​

Why doesn't the law of sin and death condemn those who are born of the Spirit? Because the Law of the Spirit produces a life in union with Christ Jesus.

What does it mean to have a life in union with Christ?

How does that set one free from the Law dealing with sin and death?

Does it mean that since Christ was a Jew and observed the Law as a Jew that we now are called to such a life? Or does it mean that since Christ was filled with the Spirit of God to do the will of the Father that we are now called to such a life?

Does this life deal with the Laws of sin and death, of temple worship given Israel? Or are we set free from this way of being ministered to because we are now being ministered to like Jesus was ministered from the Father? Are we bound to a life of temple worship, or do we become the Living temple?

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You've done an excellent job of defending your Biblically based position of faith. I'm sure no one on these pages would argue a single word.

However, with regard to words, you've not written one of them that justifies the use of the phrase 'Torah of the Spirit'.

I object to the use of "Torah of the Spirit" because the employment of buzz words, catch phrases, and slogans is a popular tool to propagandize tangential ideology that can lead to erroneous conclusions.

One of the principles of propaganda is to formulate a slogan and then repeat it incessantly. Constant repetition will form a sort of false legitimacy in the fuzzy mind of the hearer who will eventually accept it as truth. The phrase 'God Bless America' is an example of a false slogan. It's been repeated so often that even unbelievers believe it.(*)

I am not trying to accuse you of falsification or heresy. I am trying to impress upon the reader the knowledge that the existence and use of a buzz word or slogan does not make it true.

Critical thinking remains the best tool for discerning truth.

(*) An objective observation of America will reveal that God is certainly NOT blessing the nation nor is there any hope that He will do so in the immediate future. Natural disasters that roll back and forth across the country, violence and murder at record high levels, international threats - real or false flag - that exist seemingly everywhere (or so we are told), private and government debt at obscene levels, grid lock in the halls of elected officials and social programs that have either been canceled or restricted to the point of being ineffective all indicate that even the word 'blessing' is a misnomer. Evidence to the contrary seems to be obvious to the dispassionate observer; America is being judged, not blessed.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I object to the use of "Torah of the Spirit" because the employment of buzz words, catch phrases, and slogans is a popular tool to propagandize tangential ideology that can lead to erroneous conclusions.
Do you also object to Paul's use in Romans 7:14 'for we know the law is spiritual? Or the BBE 'law is of the spirit? Or are you only objecting to David Stern's usage of the term Torah in place of Law? I take it the CJB is not your choice of versions?

Either way I believe the point is made clear. The law is spiritual, the law is of the spirit. Spiritual, Spirit, Holy is the law of God. The law is of the Spirit, and Yeshua gives the instructions to believers through the Spirit of God. Not through written stones, but living stones set apart for his purpose. The instructions we receive come directly from the Spirit of God as he speaks to our hearts. Thus purifying them all the days he lives within us. His instructions, his laws, are ministered through the Spirit he gave all who believe in his work on the cross.

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AGAIN, my aversion is to the use of confusing slogans or a buzz word phrase - NOT scripture references.

Your use of the phrase "Torah of the spirit" is a slogan or buzz word associated with a group called The Messianic Way and not associated with Messianic ideology or the Messianic movement in either a general or specific fashion.

I am not debating scripture references here!

I am debating the insinuation of an ill defined slogan or buzz word phrase. I disagree with it because it is misleading. Why not simply refer to the Holy Spirit or Ruach Hakodesh as He is called in Hebrew? Keeping a discussion simple is best so that all may profit by examination of the dialogue and not be confused by it (or taken in by false ideology that uses a popular buzz word).

The reader should be advised that MESSANIC Judaism is not a single group or pseudo-denomination.

The movement isn't strictly Jewish either.....

for the information of the curious....

The Messianic movement began in the 1970's by Jews that recognized Y'shuah as ha-mashiach (1), but did not want to relinquish their traditions. Messianic synagogues have grown steadily in numbers since that time. Worship services continue in the Jewish tradition with hymns and prayers in Hebrew & English (For example; Messianic worship songs by Paul Wilbur are extremely inspirational).

Many Messianic congregations are led by trained Jewish rabbis. Sermons and prayers and theology most closely resemble Reform Judaism (the term is Reform, not reformED), but with the added recognition of Y'shuah as the Son of God, the anointed one who takes away the sin of the world AS REQUIRED BY MOSAIC LAW. Prayers usually end with acknowledgment of the blessed Name of Y'shuah. The gospels and epistles of the New Testament are accepted as canonical scripture along with the Torah and Tanakh (Old Testament) during sermons and in Bible studies.

With the exception of the gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, the entire New Testament was written by Messianic Jews for Messianic Jews. The Book of Acts chronicles the wishes of Adonai (G-d) to include the gentile world in the divine plan of redemption. Some scholars estimate that between 20% & 30% of Jews in the first century became saved Messianic Jews. The Messianic movement eventually died out following religious persecution of all Jews by the church in the centuries that followed its establishment as a legitimate arm of the Roman Empire.

Many Christians have become disillusioned with the post modern church's emphasis on shallow ideology, social issues (excluding social injustice(2)) and endless financial programs that benefit 'pastoral ministries'. This has led to a large group of wandering spiritual refugees. These spiritual refugees wander from church to church and usually give up on Christianity altogether. Some of these people wander into a Messianic synagogue just to see what's going on. Some of these curious folks stay because they've discovered spiritual depth they did not get in churches.

That being said - the reader should be advised that the Messianic movement has branched off into many splinter groups.

Some Messianic groups are more evangelical/Christian than Jewish and some are more Jewish than Reform Jews(3). In addition, some aspects of evangelical ideology may be accepted by some Messianic groups and not others. Many Messianic congregations have a larger number of Jews than gentiles. A greater mix of ethnic and racial groups is also normal in Messianic congregations than equivalent evangelicals or main line Protestant denominations.

My dear Shimshon, I realize you know all the above.

I've written it for the edification of those who may be curious about the Messianic movement. It isn't particularly rigid either in ideology or practice. The curious should be aware of differences when exploring a local Messianic congregation. Not all who make Jewish noises are Jewish in fact.

Finally as a personal note I want to encourage you, Shimshon, as well as the reader to be especially alert with regard to the use of slogans and buzz words. Many Christian congregations are being misled by them - especially when Islamic teaching is wrapped in familiar slogans. (After studying a bit of Islamic theology I detected its use in a sermon at a large local Baptist church. The congregation was unaware of the implications of what they were being asked to believe.)

Critical thinking is more important today than ever.

Slogans and buzz words add confusion to the transmission of ideas, not clarification. Everyone must be on the alert. It is not only the news which may be fake. Sermons and popular buzz words can be fake too !!!

2 Tim 2:15 remains the best policy.

(1) Y'shuah ha-mashiach - Y'shuah is the hebrew word for the Son of God. Jesus is the hellenized or Greek gentile version of the Name. Ha-mashiach is hebrew for messiah. Messiah means 'annointed one' and is also a hellenized version of the hebrew. There is nothing right or wrong about either linguistic use, since Adonai (G-d) is concerned with the heart of a person and not the use of names or offices as some sort of magic incantation.
(2) Social issues excluding social injustice - is a reference to 'personal improvement', the 'prosperity gospel', happy talk from the pulpit which only serves to fill seats, and other various forms of encouragement that do not include Biblical necessities such as humility, repentance, salvation, etc.
(3) Reform Jews may be rather liberal with regard to their application of laws and traditions in their personal lives. They take as much or as little of Judaism as they wish. For example, some Reform Jews may actually enjoy a Philly cheese steak sandwich or cheese burger from time to time. It is forbidden to eat dairy/cheese with meat - even though most cheese today is plastic (processed chemicals) and contains no dairy products at all. Orthodox Jews may not accept Reform Jews as being Jewish, but that is a matter for Jewish debate and not for gentiles to be concerned about except as a spectator sport.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
AGAIN, my aversion is to the use of confusing slogans or a buzz word phrase - NOT scripture references.

Your use of the phrase "Torah of the spirit" is a slogan or buzz word associated with a group called The Messianic Way and not associated with Messianic ideology or the Messianic movement in either a general or specific fashion.

I am not debating scripture references here!

I am debating the insinuation of an ill defined slogan or buzz word phrase. I disagree with it because it is misleading. Why not simply refer to the Holy Spirit or Ruach Hakodesh as He is called in Hebrew? Keeping a discussion simple is best so that all may profit by examination of the dialogue and not be confused by it (or taken in by false ideology that uses a popular buzz word).
Your slander against me, my blog, and my faith is duly noted. Something a fellow Messianic Jew would not do to another. Not at least from any of my acquaintances and friends I have made in the past 20yrs of being a 'Messianic' Jew. Funny too, because it was one of the leading worship leaders of the Messianic 'Jewish' movement who became a long time friend after he kept me from wandering too far into the Messy aspect of the movement. Torah observance as a proof of the Spirit and all. I was a hebrew Christian back in the 80's before the modern Messianic Jewish movement was a thought. I've seen all the machinations and off-shoots form, ebb and flow.

Your accusations of a slogan or buzz word are false, so is the slander that the expression of my Jewish faith in Yeshua the Messiah expressed through my blog The Messianic Way is not associated with Messianic theology or the Messianic movement in any way. The reader can find out for themselves by following the link. You sir, have just attacked the messenger, even though you imply that you agree with the message.
You've done an excellent job of defending your Biblically based position of faith. I'm sure no one on these pages would argue a single word.

So it has become aparently clear that you have no desire to address the scriptures in the OP, or any other post of mine that dicusses the scriptures of the OP. But ONLY have a desire to debate my personal association with the Messianic Jewish movement. And it seems you are triggered by any form of Messianic Jewish expression.

A real shame you caused this distraction, and with slander, when you actually agree with what I am witnessing.

In my own forum I have dedicated a whole sub-forum to promote Messianic Jewish 'organizations'.

Some of which I do not fully agree with (FFOZ), but I do not go out of my way to address the negative aspects of their teaching 'at the cost' of slandering their association within the community.

You have made a mountain out of a molehill here. All at the cost of the testimony of our Messiah, which IS The point of the OP. Not about my associations within a movement that I have been involved with since just after it's inception. Just after because I was too young to be interested in it during it's modern inception in the 70's. I was a secular Jew who could care less about God, even less Jesus. Family traditions was all it meant to me. We do Hanukkah...I spend shabbats with my grandfather after he attends shul.... visit a synagogue for some feasts. Meanwhile the world is racing by, and I'm more interested in that. Not till my grandfather died did the Spirit even move in me to return.

And if the reader is really interested in one of my testimonies. Here is one that Messianic worship leader Ted Pearce precipitated after we became friends about 15 yrs ago after he confronted me on these very forums for wandering too far down the Torah observant path with Messianic gentiles.

I would appreciate it if you would take your objections and opinions (as slanderous as they are to me) and create another thread to expose what you see as misleading buzzwords used by Messianic Jews when they express their faith in the Jewish Messiah. Thank you. The OP is about the Law of the Spirit as defined and testified throughout the New Testament. If you want to discuss your being triggered by such phrases as used in Messianic Jewish bibles feel free to do so there. I will no longer address your slanderous accusations against me in this post. That's me being slightly offended by having my Messianic Jewish associations put in question by someone who actually agrees with the message. o_O

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Where the Spirit of God is there is freedom over sin and death. 2 Corinthians 3:17
2 Corinthians 3
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Often I get asked in some fashion, ‘do you follow the Torah at all’? Of which I usually respond, ‘every jot and title’. Because believing in the One God sent, Yeshua, is eternal life. To both Yisrael and the Gentiles. Faith in the words Yeshua gave his disciples produces observance to the Spirit which glorifies God, and produces a life of righteousness.

Many Christians believe they are free from the law of God, as given through Moshe to Yisrael. And they are correct, as it was never given to them, so as to make them a slave (servant) to it. Yet, some of these same Christians believe that since Yeshua forgives our sins and remembers them no more, that all the sin we commit in our life is of no consequence. The more we sin, the more Yeshua can bless us in forgiving them.

They seem to believe that they can not help from sinning, that Messiah has not returned to wipe out sin and evil from the world. So therefore, I will sin throughout this life, it’s impossible not to sin. But Messiah loves us and will never reject us, even in our sin. This is a gross misrepresentation of the words spoken by our Messiah.

The same way, many Messianic believers say they are in dwelt with the Spirit of God which draws them into Torah observance as given through Moses to Yisrael. They seem to believe again, that they can not stop from sinning, and since Messiah has not returned to wipe out sin and evil from the world they are forever subject to committing sins till Messiah returns and restores them completely to the law of God as given Moses for Yisrael. Since sin is lawlessness, which is lack of Torah observance. Being made sinless to them means being made completely observant to the Torah given Moses. Again, a gross misrepresentation of the words spoken by our Messiah.

Both are missing a key ingredient to the new covenant of the LORD as given by Yeshua. That the Spirit dwells in us and keeps us till the day of redemption. It is our seal, our sign, and our hope of the full redemption of our mortal bodies to eternal life.

They seem to fully ignore that the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, sent by the Holy one of Yisrael, Yeshua the King, dwells within them, now and forever. Leading us, teaching us, and keeping us from all sin. And when we fall and stumble, the very same Spirit of God cleans us back up, when we submit in humility. Which should be our permanent state of being anyway.

These people have not realized that we have been redeemed!! And they do NOT walk in the ways of God or Messiah, in that they deny the very FREEDOM we have in our Messiah. Seeking to go back, and drag as many as they can with them, into the old ways that have no meaning in the new covenant.

Our King as come, and has set us free by the blood of his covenant!! And has brought freedom to the Gentiles as well!! To the ends of the earth!

So rejoice O daughters of Zion, Shout O daughters of Jerusalem, for behold, your King is coming to you, he is humble, and bearing salvation. Because of the blood of your covenant I will set your prisoners free. You prisoners of hope, today I declare I restore double to you. He will speak peace to the nation, his dominion shall be from sea to sea, from the river to the ends of the earth. – Ted Pearce
Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. 10 I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the war-horse from Jerusalem; and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace to the nations; his rule shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth. 11 As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit. 12 Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope; today I declare that I will restore to you double.

Everyone who accepts circumcision according to the law of Moses is obligated to keep the whole law. Paul states he is NOT still preaching circumcision (Gal5:11). And thus is not preaching being obligated to keep the whole law. In fact he states that if he is still preaching circumcision and being obligated to keep the whole law, that this would make useless what Messiah Yeshua did for us on the cross. Thus nullifying the new covenant he declared and ratified by dying on the cross, and shedding his blood for the remission of our sins. So we could walk in newness of life, in union with God through Yeshua the King.

Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. 7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is. 11 But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. 12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!

13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

In Messiah Yeshua neither circumcision which leads to keeping the whole law nor uncircumcision which implies keeping nothing of the law counts for anything. Only Faith working through love.

He who calls us is not persuading us to account the keeping of the whole law through circumcision.

We were called by the King of Yisrael to freedom. Not to sin, but to serve one another through love. The whole law is fulfilled in one word; "You shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Walk by the Spirit
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
We have been set free by Yeshua the King to worship God in Spirit and in Truth. In Love and by every Word that comes from the mouth of Yeshua, the King of Yisrael.

As Jews coming to faith in Messiah we have come out of many forms of Judaism, from ultra-orthodox, conservative, to secular. In each case, even in the case of a gentile coming to faith, they are called as the person they are. And being the case will 'observe' many traditions as they come to fuller knowledge of who they really are in Messiah. There is nothing wrong with this. When a Jew comes to faith in Messiah he does not lose his Jewish identity, nor does he have to reject it wholesale and become virtually naked to the world.

We retain our family traditions and culture, our worship, and our language. But it accounts for nothing in Messiah. Who is producing observance to the Spirit which glorifies God, and produces a life of righteousness.

Hear O Yisrael, the LORD your God is One. And you will love him with all your heart, your mind, and your strength, and you will love others as yourself. Against such things there is NO LAW!!! Only faith working through Love.

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Spirit gives life, following laws dealing with sin and death are of no help to bring life to you. The words Yeshua speaks are life, applying the works of the flesh, laws dealing with sin and death are of no help giving life to the world. Only receiving the Spirit within will accomplish the giving of life to your soul. John 6:63

John 6
63 It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life,​

Yeshua gave commands through the Spirit to the to the apostles. Here is what Peter stated Yeshua commanded him.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.“​

He commanded the apostles to preach and testify that Yeshua is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead, he is God in the flesh.

The prophets all bore witness that EVERYONE who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins.

Jeremiah 31:34And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’11for they shall all know me, 12 from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For 13 I will forgive their iniquity, and 14I will remember their sin no more.”

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.

Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,to the praise of his glory.​

Yeshua’s command was the Father’s command, that all should look upon Yeshua and believe he is the Judge and redeemer of the world. Believe that the Father sent himself into this world as promised in the form of Yeshua, whose life and death and resurrection makes a way for us to be in the presence of God through the Spirit. Yeshua is our banner, the cursed One who was lifted up on the cross for ALL to look upon and be healed.

Yeshua’s banner was the Father, our banner is Yeshua. Both were held up by the power of the Spirit of God.

There is no other way to know God than to believe in Yeshua as the Judge and Redeemer who will raise you up after death to newness of life, eternal. When we believe, as commanded, we receive the Spirit of God as a sign, a seal and a gift. He reminds us of all things Yeshua commanded through the Father. He lives in us as the Father lives in Yeshua. He continues to guide and protect us all the days of our life. Because we remain in Faith with God, through Yeshua.

This is how we have a relationship with God, through the Spirit not through the law. This is how we honor Him, by honoring his Son, Yeshua. And this is how we honor the Son of God, Yeshua the Messiah. We believe that he is the salvation of God, in the flesh, and has authority to forgive our sins, and remember them no more, and dwells within us through God’s Spirit. We believe His Spirit keeps us and reminds us, teaches us, and purifies us in all ways. It is our foundational conduit to the presence of God. His Word, and his Glory. The laws of sin and death that deal with the flesh are of no help, it is the Spirit of God that gives and brings life.

Through the Holy Spirit we have a relationship with the Father by honoring the One He sent, his Son, Yeshua the Messiah. We honor him by believing in Him, what he did, who he is, and what he will do. His instructions can be summed up in two statements. Judaism calls it the Shema v’Ahvata. The first states that there is no other God besides the God of (Yisrael) Abraham, Issac and Jacob, and the second declares our unending, unfathomable, love for Him, and his command that we should love others, as he loves us.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Messiah's spoken words are the Torah of the Spirit.

The Torah of the Spirit is the Torah of Messiah.

Yeshua spoke the words of God by the Spirit of God within him. The Torah of the Spirit is the Torah of Messiah, because Messiah was given the Spirit to announce the justice of God to the world in regards to sin, righteousness, and judgement. God has spoken again from heaven, from above. And as prophesied by Moses in Deut 18, if we do not listen to 'his words' we will surely die, in our sins.

Messiah received the Spirit of God within him to announce justice to the nations of the world. Matthew 12:18

The work, the command God has given all, is to come to Yeshua for eternal life. Believe the words Yeshua speaks, as spoken by the Spirit of God. He gave the Torah of the Spirit to all the world. Come to Yeshua, listen to his words to receive life. His words are as God is speaking. It is God's Spirit who is speaking through Yeshua, it is God's will that all believe in him and receive eternal life, being raised in the last day. This is why God sent Yeshua, to speak the words of God, the words of Life, to hang Yeshua on a pole for all to look upon and believe for the forgiveness of our sins. It brings life to all who believe. This was not like the previous bread, not like the Torah dealing with sin and death. Once sin and death are dealt with we become dead to it's Torah, it's instructions. Because we are alive by the Spirit that dwells within us that brings life to our very being. John 6:29-51

Yeshua's very words bring eternal life, because they are the Spirit of the living God speaking to us. John 8:51

Yeshua's commands are the commands of the Spirit, the Torah of the Spirit. The command is to come to Yeshua for life. To die to your sins as you receive the Holy Spirit of God as Yeshua has and rise to eternal life after our own death. If we love Yeshua we will come to him for the Torah of the Spirit which gives life. If we come to Yeshua he will give us the Spirit that he received, the Spirit of God. By this we realize that Yeshua is one with God the Father, and we are one with Yeshua. All who love Yeshua keep THIS teaching. That the Father loves us, and both Yeshua and the Father through the Spirit of God come to live and dwell within our very hearts. The Spirit of truth is with us forever. John 14:15-24

The very words Yeshua spoke were the commands we were to follow. This is why God's command is for all to come to Yeshua, to receive his words, of life. Yeshua gave commands, the greatest of which was to 'be like him an lay down our lives for one another'. He gave us the perfect example of how to follow the Torah of the Spirit. The Torah of the Spirit testifies about Yeshua, not about the Torah of sin and death. The Torah of the Spirit produces a life in union with Messiah Yeshua, and sets one free from the Law dealing with sin and death. Hence, the Spirit testifies about the life Yeshua brings to the world, not about how to atone for sins and death before this gift was given to us. John 15:1-26

The Spirit receives all instruction from Yeshua, he reveals things to us from the Spirit. The Torah of the Spirit glorifies Yeshua, and makes all things known to us. It is the Spirit that brings life, the Torah of the flesh is of no help. John 16:17-28

The Torah of the Spirit given by Yeshua reveled the Father and spoke his words. That Yeshua came and was sent by God the Father to speak the Torah of the Spirit which gives life to the dead. If we believe. Yeshua has given us the Spirit of God that we may all be one, Yeshua in us, God in Yeshua, so that we may be made completely whole and united as one. John 17:5-22

I follow the Torah of the Spirit, given by Messiah Yeshua. All Yeshua's words, because they are 'the Spirit of God'. Commanding us to believe in the One God sent, Yeshua and his words. This is why God placed his Spirit within Yeshua the Messiah. To speak commands to us. All the words of Messiah are commands by the Spirit of God to lead us to salvation. He has led the way to the inner sanctuary, for us to be united as one with God. Through the Spirit, given by the Messiah Yeshua. Who comes to live within our hearts. Writing his ways upon them. Living along with us as we travel in this wilderness. A 'little sanctuary' till the day he restores ALL our fortunes. May he come quickly and soon, even in our day!

Unless you want to argue that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are in disagreement with each other about what conduct we should have, then you should be willing to agree that the Torah of the Spirit is the same as the Torah of Messiah, which is the same as the Torah of the Father, which was given to Moses. In Ezekiel 36:26-27, the Spirit as the role of leading us in obedience to the Torah of the Father. In Galatians 5:19-23, all of the works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also against the Torah of the Father, while all of the fruits of the Spirit are in accordance with it. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh, who refuse to submit to the Torah of the Father. In Romans 7:21-8:3, Paul said that he delighted in obeying the Torah of the Father and served it with his mind and equated it with the Torah of the Spirit, but contrasted them with the Torah of sin and death, which held him captive, and which he served with his flesh. In 1 John 2:3-6, it links the instruction to follow Messiah's command with the instruction to walk in the same way he walked, so Messiah did not hypocritically preaching something other than the Torah of the Father than he practiced. In John 14:23-24, Messiah said that if we love him, then we will obey his teachings, if we do not love him, then we will not obey his teachings, and that his teachings were not his own, but that of the Father, so Messiah taught the same Torah as the Father taught to Moses, and if we love him, then we will obey the Torah of Moses.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Unless you want to argue that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are in disagreement with each other about what conduct we should have, then you should be willing to agree that the Torah of the Spirit is the same as the Torah of Messiah, which is the same as the Torah of the Father, which was given to Moses.
Sorry, you just contradicted every word of scripture I've been quoting in this thread. Care to try again? The Torah given Moses dealt with sins and death, the Torah given through Yeshua deals with life, more abundantly, and eternal. Being raised from the dead. The Torah given Moses dealt with laws of sin, while the Torah given through Yeshua deals with laws of the Spirit which bring life. The Law of sin and death commanded each man to know the Lord through obeying the law. The Law of the Spirit commands each man to know the Lord through being born again by the Spirit of the Living God. The Law given Moses continually reminds us of our sins and the need for our forgiveness. The Law of the Spirit has already forgiven our sins and leads us into all righteousness, here and now. The Law of our fathers needed a redeemer, the Law of the Spirit IS our redeemer., dwelling inside us and leading us into all righteousness. Because He is our Righteousness.

Romans 7
1 Surely you know, brothers – for I am speaking to those who understand Torah – that the Torah has authority over a person only so long as he lives?

4 Thus, my brothers, you have been made dead with regard to the Torah through the Messiah’s body, so that you may belong to someone else, namely, the one who has been raised from the dead, in order for us to bear fruit for God.

5 For when we were living according to our old nature, the passions connected with sins worked through the Torah in our various parts, with the result that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now we have been released from this aspect of the Torah, because we have died to that which had us in its clutches, so that we are serving in the new way provided by the Spirit and not in the old way of outwardly following the letter of the law.

9 I was once alive outside the framework of Torah. But when the commandment really encountered me, sin sprang to life, 10 and I died. The commandment that was intended to bring me life was found to be bringing me death!

13….it was sin working death in me through something good, so that sin might be clearly exposed as sin, so that sin through the commandment might come to be experienced as sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit;

Romans 8
1 Therefore, there is no longer any condemnation awaiting those who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua. 2 Why? Because the Torah of the Spirit, which produces this life in union with Messiah Yeshua, has set me free from the “Torah” of sin and death.
And Paul does not contradict Yeshua. Only the legalistic have issues with Paul. Or use his words to contradict those of Yeshua, or use Yeshua's to contradict those of Paul. When it's the same Spirit that testifies to them both. And witnesses the same message.

John 6
43 … Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

63 It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life,

John 8
51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”
Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him.....comes to Yeshua. So what a huge lie to claim that Yeshua leads all to Moses. And in the name of the Father's commands even! Using the Law against the very message of Messiah! Yeshua did not come to return us, renew us, replace us under the laws dealing with sin and death. He came to remove and forgive all sins, past present and future. And lead us into all righteousness by gifting us who believe in him with the Spirit of the Living God. If a holy Spirit dwells within you keeping you clean by his Word within you (a process, not a position) then what need has anyone of us with the Spirit to be led into laws that deal with sins and death? Are you not forgiven? Is the Spirit not producing in you a life in union with Messiah Yeshua and the Living God? Why would you need to do the commands that deal with sins when you have been forgiven them and are led by the Spirit? The Spirit of Life eternal leads us into laws of sin and death? Or purifies us daily as we walk with Him?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, you just contradicted every word of scripture I've been quoting in this thread. Care to try again? The Torah given Moses dealt with sins and death, the Torah given through Yeshua deals with life, more abundantly, and eternal. Being raised from the dead. The Torah given Moses dealt with laws of sin, while the Torah given through Yeshua deals with laws of the Spirit which bring life. The Law of sin and death commanded each man to know the Lord through obeying the law. The Law of the Spirit commands each man to know the Lord through being born again by the Spirit of the Living God. The Law given Moses continually reminds us of our sins and the need for our forgiveness. The Law of the Spirit has already forgiven our sins and leads us into all righteousness, here and now. The Law of our fathers needed a redeemer, the Law of the Spirit IS our redeemer., dwelling inside us and leading us into all righteousness. Because He is our Righteousness.

Romans 7

13….it was sin working death in me through something good, so that sin might be clearly exposed as sin, so that sin through the commandment might come to be experienced as sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit;

Romans 8
1 Therefore, there is no longer any condemnation awaiting those who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua. 2 Why? Because the Torah of the Spirit, which produces this life in union with Messiah Yeshua, has set me free from the “Torah” of sin and death.
And Paul does not contradict Yeshua. Only the legalistic have issues with Paul. Or use his words to contradict those of Yeshua, or use Yeshua's to contradict those of Paul. When it's the same Spirit that testifies to them both. And witnesses the same message.

John 6
43 … Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 8
Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him.....comes to Yeshua. So what a huge lie to claim that Yeshua leads all to Moses. And in the name of the Father's commands even! Using the Law against the very message of Messiah! Yeshua did not come to return us, renew us, replace us under the laws dealing with sin and death. He came to remove and forgive all sins, past present and future. And lead us into all righteousness by gifting us who believe in him with the Spirit of the Living God. If a holy Spirit dwells within you keeping you clean by his Word within you (a process, not a position) then what need has anyone of us with the Spirit to be led into laws that deal with sins and death? Are you not forgiven? Is the Spirit not producing in you a life in union with Messiah Yeshua and the Living God? Why would you need to do the commands that deal with sins when you have been forgiven them and are led by the Spirit? The Spirit of Life eternal leads us into laws of sin and death? Or purifies us daily as we walk with Him?

I agree with the verses you posted, however in Romans 7:21-25, Paul said he delighted in obeying the Torah of God, which he served with his mind but directly contrasted that with the Torah of sin, which held him captive, and which he served with his flesh Torah of God, so you are making an error of interpretation by combining what is said about the two Torahs. You interpretation is is most readily seen as problematic because it puts the Father and the Spirit in disagreement about which Torah we should follow, especially when I listed a number of verses that shows that the Spirit has the role of leading in obedience to the Father's Torah.

In Romans 7:21-25, it summarizes what Paul said previously, so we need to be careful to determine which of the two Torahs he was speaking about. For example, Paul said in Romans 7:23 that it was the Torah of sin that held him captive and in Romans 7:6 he specified that we were set free from the Torah that held us captive, so he was referring to being set free from the Torah of sin. So it is the Torah of sin that stirs up sin to bear fruit until death (7:5), that held us captive (7:6), that gave sin its power (7:8), that deceived Paul through the commandment and slew him (7:11), and that caused him not to do the good that he wanted to do (7:13-20), while God's Torah is not sin, but was given to reveal what sin is (7:7), is holy, righteous, and good (7:12), it the good that Paul did not blame for bringing death to him (7:13), and is the good that he desired to do (7:13-20).

In Deuteronomy 30:15-20, obedience to the Torah brings life and a blessing, in Proverbs 3:18, the Torah is a tree of life for all who take hold of her, and in Matthew 19:17, the way to enter life is to obey the commandments. Messiah was not in disagreement with the Father about which Torah we should obey, but rather he said his teachings were not his own, but that of the Father, so he did not teach a different Torah than the one that the Father taught to Moses. I likewise demonstrated that the Spirit is not in disagreement with the Father about what Torah we should obey, but rather the Spirit has the role of leading us in obedience to the Father's Torah. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith was one of the weightier matters of the Torah, and in 1 John 5:3, to love God is to obey His Torah, so obedience to God's Torah has always been about growing in a relationship with Him based on faith and love.

There are many verses that refer to the Torah of Moses as teaching us how to walk in God's ways, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Joshua 22:5, Isaiah 2:2-3, and Psalms 103:7, so it has always been intended to teach us how to reflect God's attributes, such as holiness, righteousness, goodness (Romans 7:12), justice, mercy, faithfulness (Matthew 23:23), love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control (Exodus 34:6-7, Galatians 5:21-22). Pointing out our sin has significance only insofar as it leads us to repent and back to walking in God's ways. So the Torah is the Father is a Torah of righteousness, but we can't be taught to obey this Torah without also being taught that it is sin to do the opposite.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
John 6
29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

43 … Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life.

51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
Under the covenant ministered through Moses every man was to teach another to ‘know the LORD’ through obeying the words given on the mountain. Hence we then had instruction to teach them to others. It was a command of the covenant. Teach the commands of the Lord to all who you engage in life. Put the commands in you, teach them to others, place them on your body, write them on your property. All part of the covenant made with Israel through Moses when God brought them into the land promised to Abraham.

Yet, today in the kingdom of God we are all taught by the Lord who has gifted us who believed in him the Spirit of the Living God. We are in union with Messiah through the Spirit that lives within us.

No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. Hebrews 8:11

John 15
26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.​

The very words Jesus spoke were the commands we were to follow. This is why God’s command is for all to come to Jesus, to receive his words, of life. Jesus gave commands, the greatest of which was to ‘be like him an lay down our lives for one another’. He gave us the perfect example of how to follow the Law of the Spirit. The Law of the Spirit testifies about Jesus, not about the Law of sin and death. The Law of the Spirit produces a life in union with Messiah Jesus and sets one free from the Law dealing with sin and death. Hence, the Spirit testifies about the life Jesus brings to the world, not about how to atone for sins and death before this gift was given to us. (John 15:1-26)

John 16
7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. 12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”​

The Spirit receives all instruction from Jesus, he reveals things to us from the Spirit. The Law of the Spirit glorifies Yeshua, and makes all things known to us. It is the Spirit that brings life, the Law of the flesh is of no help. (John 16:17-28)

In John 16:8 Yeshua states the purpose of the Spirit. All these things, sin, righteousness, judgement, are now ministered through the Spirit within the covenant made through Yeshua, not Moses. To point to the Law given Moses in regards to these things is to argue against the will of God, the words of Messiah, and the new covenant. What is our standard for sin, righteousness, and judgement? The laws given Moses to Israel, or the laws given through the Spirit to those who are born again from above? What makes one born again from above? Following the laws given Israel or following the instructions from the Spirit of God within us? The law is of the Spirit, the flesh is of no help....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
so you are making an error of interpretation by combining what is said about the two Torahs.
You interpretation is is most readily seen as problematic because it puts the Father and the Spirit in disagreement about which Torah we should follow
This appears this way to you because you are convinced that the Torah given Israel through Moses was given to you. This is an interpretation of error. What I see in your interpretation is when the bible says 'Israel' you place yourself in there, as if they were given to you through Yeshua. Yeshua did not come to 'give' the law as given Moses. Nor lead the nations into the laws given Israel. The assumption is that the Spirit leads all into the laws given Israel through Moses. You try to use Israel's restoration as an outline for your own. If you bother to read the very next verse you see that in the day God cleanses Israel from her sins He returns them to the land. To be God's people. It's about Israel's national restoration, not your individual restoration through being born again of the Spirit. And not to mention the command of God is to believe in Yeshua, come to Yeshua for life. Not follow the commands given Israel through Moses. The Spirit testified of Yeshua and how he brings life to the world that the law given Israel could not. The Spirit testifies of Yeshua, because the Spirit receives all instruction from Yeshua. And Yeshua's testimony is that the Spirit cleanses us from all sins and leads us into all righteousness, forever. You continually conflate the law given Israel with the law as spoken through Yeshua. Who represents not only Israel but God himself. You point to the testing but refuse to acknowledge the graduation. You point to the patterns and shadows but refuse to point to the actual light itself. Following the commands given Israel brought 'long' life 'in the land'. But following the commands given Yeshua brings abundant life as gentiles, and life eternal. The law does not bring eternal life. Following it as given is not even possible. No land, no temple. It was never meant to function outside of the land of Israel 'as given'. And our love of God is not defined by our observance to it. Our love of God is defined by our surrender of our lives, not our success in observing a law that is not even functional 'as given'. Yet, our Torah observance is complete through faith in Messiah and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Faith working itself out in love. It's the Hebrew Roots teachers that teach that love is obeying the law given Israel. A false dichotomy. He sets us free from sins by coming to live within us, not by leading us back to that which is now un-observable.

Matthew 24
1 As Yeshua left the Temple and was going away, his talmidim came and called his attention to its buildings. 2 But he answered them, "You see all these? Yes! I tell you, they will be totally destroyed -- not a single stone will be left standing!"

Jeremiah 3
12Go, proclaim this message toward the north: “ ‘Return, faithless Israel,’ declares the LORD, ‘I will frown on you no longer, for I am faithful,’ declares the LORD, ‘I will not be angry forever.
13 Only acknowledge your guilt— you have rebelled against the LORD your God, you have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every spreading tree, and have not obeyed me,’ ” declares the LORD.

14“Return, faithless people,” declares the LORD, “for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clan—and bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

16 In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land,” declares the LORD, “people will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made.

17 At that time they will call Jerusalem The Throne of the LORD, and all nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the LORD.
John 4
20 "Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that the place where one has to worship is in Yerushalayim." 21Yeshua said, "Lady, believe me, the time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Yerushalayim.

23 But the time is coming -- indeed, it's here now -- when the true worshippers will worship the Father spiritually and truly, for these are the kind of people the Father wants worshipping him.
24 God is spirit; and worshippers must worship him spiritually and truly."
Return 'faithless' ISRAEL. Do you believe the Spirit makes you and Israelite that now should dwell in the land to observe all the commands given through Moses? All the law given Moses dealt with Israel living in the land. All the law given through Yeshua by the Spirit deals with ALL PEOPLE of the World living in union, unity, with God through his given Spirit. Thus making us temples of the Living God. Something only patterned and shadowed by the Law.

The Lord through Jeremiah states Israel will return and yet never missing nor even thinking about 'the ark of the covenant of the LORD'. God will give them shepherds with knowledge, yet the ark of the covenant will never enter their minds nor even be remembered, not missed, no other one made. Would you follow those shepherds?

Yeshua himself said the temple would be 'totally' destroyed, and that worship will NOT be found on the mountain. BUT the time is here now when 'true worshippers' are worshiping in Spirit and Truth. And that THIS is what the Father desires instead of worshiping as commanded to Israel through Moses.

Yeshua said no temple, no place, worship done in another fashion than defined on the mountain. But Hebrew Roots teachers claim Yeshua came to lead all into this type of worship. The problem lies in the false conflation of the Torah given Moses with the Torah given through Yeshua and the Spirit of God. Mt. Sinai or Mt. Zion. You can' t have it both ways, the ministry is different. The same as the ministry in the tent of David was different from that of the tent of Meeting. One on Mt. Moriah the other on Mt. Zion. Two completely different ministries. David knew Yeshua completely.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

John 8

John 14
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” 22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?” 23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.​

Who needs to teach each man to 'know the Lord' when we know him because he lives with us and is in us. His life is our life.

Hebrew Roots assumption, 'my commands' = the Law.

Twisted Roots teachers believe there is no following Jesus without following 'the Law'. There is no loving Jesus without following 'the Law'.

What does it mean to follow the Law of God?

It means that we have believed Jesus' Words, given to Him by the Father for Jesus to give those who were given Him by God. It means because of our belief (faith) that God is One with Jesus, and Jesus came born from above (heaven) as a man to offer Himself as the sacrifice for all the sins ever committed in the world, and rose again with all authority in heaven and earth as King of Yisrael and the world. Because we believe this we also believe that He gave us who believe this the Spirit of God to dwell within us as God dwelt within Jesus. Making us all One in Him to the glory of God.

Short answer, To observe the Law of God means that we are indwelt with the Spirit because we believed in who Jesus is and what He accomplished for us all. When the Spirit of God comes to live within your heart He comes to purify and keep us till the redemption of our eternal life. The Spirit within causes us to know and walk in all God’s ways. Jesus has made a way into the very presence of God for all who believe. And observance to His instruction means we live in this way. United as One with God through the Spirit because of Faith in Christ Jesus.

And, the division caused by legalist zealots claiming to be observant to the Law is not from God. As the apostle Paul stated;

Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. 7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?

8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is.

11 But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. 12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!

13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

It’s not ‘the Law’ that Paul is railing against, but the misuse, abuse, or application that was being pointed out. i.e. righteousness comes by doing the commands of the Law that make you a loving child of God.

He wasn’t saying ‘you who are made righteous by the Law’, he’s not saying ‘you who follow the Law have been separated from Christ’. He’s saying those believers who thought that by observing the Law made one righteous in God’s sight, that they were NOT understanding what God said. They made the Word, the Law out to be ‘legalism’, not love proved through faith. He was saying that they were misunderstanding God and making the Law and it’s commands to be something they were not. They were ‘lording over’ others with a self-righteous attitude. And using the Law to do that!!! It is these people who are separated from Christ. Because they have not the heart of God.

God who calls us through Jesus is not persuading us to observe the whole Law of Moses. We are free in Christ to live as He directs us. He directs us from the Spirit he has place within us. We are the Ark that holds His presence now. We have direct connection to God through Jesus' work, not our own.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟664,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a new covenant believer just so you know where I am coming from. I was a believer in the old covenant Sabbath until I realized the the Sabbath was given at Sinai for one nation, Israel. No other nation on Earth was given this requirement and it is not a new covenant requirement.

The opening statement by Shimshon to me was very refreshing. It is a simple explanation of the old and new covenants given by a Jew who has accepted Jesus as the true Messiah. Thanks Shimshon.

Torah was the way of life for Israel and because it came from our living God it is/was Holy unto Israel. In Exodus 19 verses 5-6 God speaking to Moses said:

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice very carefully, and be shomer over My brit, then ye shall be a segullah (treasured possession) unto Me above all people; for kol ha’aretz is Mine;

6 And ye shall be unto Me a mamlechet kohanim, and a goy kadosh. These are the words which thou shalt recount unto the Bnei Yisroel.

5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me. 6 And you will be my kingdom of priests, my holy nation.’ This is the message you must give to the people of Israel.”

The "if" covenant given to Israel was not a salvational covenant. It was a covenant dealing with how Israel was to live in the desert and eventually in the land of Canaan. The new, and may I add, better covenant found in God's Word is all about Faith and Grace. A new way for all mankind to relate and live. It is a covenant of salvation. The old way for Israel ended at the Cross. Jesus fulfilled the Torah. Fulfil=bring to an end. Israel broke the "if" covenant and voided it. Jesus gave His life and established a better way that includes gentiles.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain a little of what it means to be a new covenant believer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have not slandered you or insulted you personally in any way.

I have, however, expressed opposition to the use of propagandistic buzz words and empty slogans to support a contention that cannot be understood except by a select few. My request to refrain from slogans seems to cause undue angst. I wonder why. Could it be that a call for clear language is something that vexes you deeply? Why is that? Is there something intrinsically wrong with asking for true words spoken clearly and without tangential meaning attached to them?

Confusion of understanding is the purpose of empty expressions. It is the devil's work to fog an issue. Buzz words and slogans do not serve to extend understanding. They only serve to obfuscate the issue so as to exclude understanding except by a select few. Biblical study and true interpretation serves to clarify meanings, not to confuse them.

The use of propagandistic phrases and non-specific interpretations to justify false opinion and doctrine is a plague upon humanity. Buzz words and slogans are so common in American culture, both religious and secular, that it is taken for granted. Due mostly to the manipulations of advertisers and politicians public awareness of the truth is thus fogged and diluted. I prefer the simple truth stated simply.

Empty words and personal diatribe do not prove an assertion. They employ obtuse references which in turn don't even support one's own assertions. Instead I perceive a desperate resort to false accusations to further cloud the issue at hand - meaning buzz words and slogans. I only wish to express truth openly - clearly stated and understood. What's wrong with that?

Buzz words and empty slogans do not prove anything. They provide no substantial understanding of truth at all. Such words have no currency as far as I am concerned. They have no intrinsic meaning and should not be used.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
John 15
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunesso that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.
The command has gone out. Yeshua has proclaimed the beacon call. The shofar has sounded, the tekiah gedolah. Lasting over 2000 yrs so far. No longer is any of the House of Yisrael teaching and proclaiming the command to ‘Know the LORD‘. Because the Father is commanding all, from the least of us to the greatest, to know Him, through Yeshua.

Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will any of them teach (command) his fellow community member or his brother, ‘Know ADONAI‘; for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest; because I will forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more.”

The command is to know the LORD through Yeshua. To have a relationship with God through Yeshua the Messiah.

The One He sent to judge and forgive our sins. We are commanded to believe in Him. That He is the One He said he was, and that He did the things He said He did. This is Faith that leads to eternal life! This was the command Yeshua gave all who listened. This was the command proclaimed by the Father through the Son of God, Yeshua.

All will know the LORD because He will forgive our wickedness and remember our sins no more, because of Yeshua!! The Father is commanding all through Yeshua to know Him.

We know Him when we believe Yeshua is One with the Father, having authority to forgive our sins and remember them no more.

John 5:17 But he answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I too am working.” 18 This answer made the Judeans all the more intent on killing him — not only was he breaking Shabbat; but also, by saying that God was his own Father, he was claiming equality with God.

19 Therefore, Yeshua said this to them:

Yes, indeed! I tell you that the Son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; whatever the Father does, the Son does too. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does; and he will show him even greater things than these, so that you will be amazed. 21 Just as the Father raises the dead and makes them alive, so too the Son makes alive anyone he wants. 22 The Father does not judge anyone but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all may honor the Son as they honor the Father.

Whoever fails to honor the Son is not honoring the Father who sent him.

24 Yes, indeed! I tell you that whoever hears what I am saying and trusts the One who sent me has eternal life — that is, he will not come up for judgment but has already crossed over from death to life!

25 Yes, indeed! I tell you that there is coming a time — in fact, it’s already here — when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who listen will come to life.

26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given the Son life to have in himself. 27 Also he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.
The Father has been commanding till now, and Yeshua is commanding now as well. In fact, the Father has placed all authority in Yeshua. Yeshua’s commands are the Fathers commands.

Whoever hears what Yeshua is commanding and trusts the One who sent him has eternal life. And this is not some time in the future. This command, this promise, this covenant ‘is infact already here’.

The Father is calling all to know Him through Yeshua, the Son of God. The Father is commanding all to know Him through Yeshua, the One He sent to command us all to know the Father.

Upvote 0