To vote in favor of sola scriptura testing of all doctrine and tradition

Do you agree with Sola Scriptura testing of all doctrine and tradition?

• Yes - all doctrine and tradition should be tested sola scriptura to see if it contradicts scripture

• No - I do not think all doctrine and tradition should be tested sola scriptura

• Tradition should be used to interpret the Bible and whether to accept a doctrine, accept a tradition

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rom 1:
24 Therefore God gave them up to vile impurity in the lusts of their hearts, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for falsehood, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature, 27 and likewise the men, too, abandoned natural relations with women and burned in their desire toward one another, males with males committing shameful acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
The result is their homosexual acts, the difference is on what you say is exchanged. The term “natural relations”.
It is not what I say -- I am simply quoting the text.

The contrast is "men with men" vs "men with women".
When men and women have natural relations, the end result is most likely a child.
1. There is no "likely a child" statement in the entire chapter.
2. There are a great many married people today who have zero chance to have children because of age - that is not the definition of "unnatural relations" in any text of scripture that I know of.

You are free to insert whatever other agenda you may have into the text - but it has to be logical to be compelling to others.
Why would a married couple wish to mimic a homosexual
Many millions do not consider their inability to have children "mimicking homosexuals" neither does the chapter discuss your subject at all.

Your argument at this point is not "sola scriptura" it is "sola insert" in a kind of "extreme inference" insert to a text that only speaks about homosexuality.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Rom 1:
24 Therefore God gave them up to vile impurity in the lusts of their hearts, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for falsehood, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature, 27 and likewise the men, too, abandoned natural relations with women and burned in their desire toward one another, males with males committing shameful acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

It is not what I say -- I am simply quoting the text.

The contrast is "men with men" vs "men with women".

1. There is no "likely a child" statement in the entire chapter.
2. There are a great many married people today who have zero chance to have children because of age - that is not the definition of "unnatural relations" in any text of scripture that I know of.

You are free to insert whatever other agenda you may have into the text - but it has to be logical to be compelling to others.

Many millions do not consider their inability to have children "mimicking homosexuals" neither does the chapter discuss your subject at all.

Your argument at this point is not "sola scriptura" it is "sola insert" in a kind of "extreme inference" insert to a text that only speaks about homosexuality.
I did not say that it applied to infertility. Usually the motives of an infertile couple are toward children and are sad that they are not blessed with a child.

That is not the same as a contracepting couple who would view a child as a curse. They frequently referred to them as “accidents” rather than the blessing God intends them to be.

An infertile couple feels shame when there is no pregnancy. The contracepting couple feels shame when there is a pregnancy. A child is a gift from God and to feel shame when one conceives from the very act God designed for that conception is to spit in the face of God and consider His gift an unclean thing. That is not what happens with an infertile couple

Contraception is artificial infertility for the sole purpose of thwarting the creation of God. I don’t care what kind of “new technology” we have.
Whether pharmaceutical, barrier, or surgical sterilization. They all have the intent of countering God, and must not be used by those that claim to deny themselves and follow Jesus.

The worst example of the contraceptive mentality was in a patient that I had to care for. He was a young man about 21 that required anesthesia for a urologic procedure, but he had suffered an anoxic brain injury and was awake but unable to communicate. I had to obtain consent from his mother and I casually asked what happened
She told me that he had tried to hang himself but was discovered before he succeeded, but not before his brain suffered injury from lack of oxygen. She told me that he tried to hang himself because he found out that his girlfriend was pregnant, and he was only 17 at the time. He thought pregnancy was the end of the world for him, but believed the lie that contraception would keep him safe. If he was told that sex is for having children and if you do not want children don’t have sex, he would still be a normal functioning man today

The other consequence of this contraceptive act was that his pregnant girlfriend found out that he tried to kill himself. She got depressed and attempted suicide, she succeeded where the man failed. The result is a dead woman, a dead baby, and a brain damaged man, for no other reason than the heavenly gift of a child was viewed as an unclean thing. Hell could not have been more proud. Do you still want to tell me that contraception is the same as infertility?

Last edited:
Upvote 0