To those who quote the bible.

TheKingOfImmortality

Jun 23, 2007
✟15,915.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
From now on if you chosose to quote the bible to defend your actions or disprove sceicnes instead of giving us real evadances of ID or real justifcation for what you do, I will now responed with a quote from the holy writings of another religon to defend my actions and debunk your claims. (evil laughf)^_^^_^^_^

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From now on if you chosose to quote the bible to defend your actions or disprove sceicnes instead of giving us real evadances of ID or real justifcation for what you do, I will now responed with a quote from the holy writings of another religon to defend my actions and debunk your claims. (evil laughf)^_^^_^^_^

Let's get it start:

The Bible says: vegetation is created before the sun. (Gen 1: 11-18)

Your turn. Hope you are still laughing.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,891,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's interesting that God did that, He must have had a purpose. Never saw that before, thanks.
I believe He did it that on purpose, knowing how effectively it goes against evolutionary paradigms.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,891,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From now on if you chosose to quote the bible to defend your actions or disprove sceicnes instead of giving us real evadances of ID or real justifcation for what you do, I will now responed with a quote from the holy writings of another religon to defend my actions and debunk your claims.
When you're done debunking Juvenissun's excellent point, you can quote something to debunk this ---
Deuteronomy 29:5 said:

And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe He did it that on purpose, knowing how effectively it goes against evolutionary paradigms.

I believe God had better reasons to create the Earth than you help you prove blather.

Reactions: Musky Hunter
Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Hah, if I wanted to debunk Juvenissun's quote with one from another holy book, it would take no more than some research and copypasta.

Then again, vegetation can live, for a time, without sunlight. If it was created, it would only need live a small time before sunlight came.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's funny to watch man squirm in his pride :)

Right, God just loves to watch man squirm, loves to screw around with people. I must have a better view of God than you do; last time I checked, God wasn't human, didn't have such shallow characteristics. When was the last time you just wanted to screw with someone for the heck of it?

A man saw things around him that led him to wonder why it happened; he saw some organisms one place and others other places, and never intermixed. He saw that animals progressively changed under conditions and proposed the theory of natural selection to account for it. He saw and tried to explain to the best of his ability. You call this pride?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The bible got to be the best seller of all time for a reason. Good luck with your picking any fable that ammounts to a hill of beans. But then again, so called science doesn't either, so what would it matter?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right, God just loves to watch man squirm, loves to screw around with people. I must have a better view of God than you do; last time I checked, God wasn't human, didn't have such shallow characteristics. When was the last time you just wanted to screw with someone for the heck of it?

A man saw things around him that led him to wonder why it happened; he saw some organisms one place and others other places, and never intermixed. He saw that animals progressively changed under conditions and proposed the theory of natural selection to account for it. He saw and tried to explain to the best of his ability. You call this pride?

Abasing the proud looks, and puffed up silliness of little man is not screwing around with men. The sin of the devil was just that, pride. When man knows his proper place in creation, he will be anything but proud, and lifted up. Pride cometh before a fall.
http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=job+40:12&translation=kjv&st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en

Job 40:12 -Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I was joking by the way ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
The bible got to be the best seller of all time for a reason. Good luck with your picking any fable that ammounts to a hill of beans. But then again, so called science doesn't either, so what would it matter?
Ignorance and Fear.
Ignorance and lack of understanding causes Fear,
Any so called answers to counter the Fear of death will always be a best seller.
People who are afraid will believe anything, drowning men clutch at straws.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good marketing. Is popularity the yardstick by which you always measure truth?

Your claim that the bible got where it is at the top of the pile by marketing is noted. That is, of course ridiculous. It works, so any marketing would be useless if it did not work, and prove itself to be accurate in so many many different ways, like prophesy.
Jesus quoted it, and lived by it. He rose from the dead, and was seen of us by it. Mary had a baby, never knowing a man, by it. If coke was a bottle full of vinegar, all the marketing in the world would not make it a sustained, world wide drink. If the bible was the sort od ill conceived bad religion that so called science is, it could never be where it is today!!

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Deuteronomy 29:5

And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Thanks, AV. Even I know this verse very well, I am still thrilled when I read it again in your post.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

it's our job to quote the Bible....but surely you knew that? ROFL!!!

*thinkin' of the complete irony of this post...* hahahaaaa

Upvote 0