• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

To those who quote the bible.

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by TheKingOfImmortality, Oct 18, 2008.

1. TheKingOfImmortality

TheKingOfImmortality Senior Member

+32
    Buddhist
    Single
    From now on if you chosose to quote the bible to defend your actions or disprove sceicnes instead of giving us real evadances of ID or real justifcation for what you do, I will now responed with a quote from the holy writings of another religon to defend my actions and debunk your claims. (evil laughf)^_^^_^^_^

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+776
    Baptist
    Married
    Let's get it start:

The Bible says: vegetation is created before the sun. (Gen 1: 11-18)

Your turn. Hope you are still laughing.

3. Lpe04

Lpe04 Senior Member

+61
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It's interesting that God did that, He must have had a purpose. Never saw that before, thanks.

4. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I believe He did it that on purpose, knowing how effectively it goes against evolutionary paradigms.

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    When you're done debunking Juvenissun's excellent point, you can quote something to debunk this ---

6. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    I believe God had better reasons to create the Earth than you help you prove blather.

7. Danyc

Danyc Senior Member

+94
    Humanist
    Single
    Hah, if I wanted to debunk Juvenissun's quote with one from another holy book, it would take no more than some research and copypasta.

Then again, vegetation can live, for a time, without sunlight. If it was created, it would only need live a small time before sunlight came.

8. Lpe04

Lpe04 Senior Member

+61
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Just to screw with them :) (can I say that on here? :)Don't ban me! :)

9. Danyc

Danyc Senior Member

+94
    Humanist
    Single
    Right, because God just loves messin' with people. Obviously it's good fun.

Am I the only one here who thinks the Ultimate Creator Of The Universe And All-Powerful God Of Everything Ever would not just screw with people just because?

10. Lpe04

Lpe04 Senior Member

+61
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Well, it's funny to watch man squirm in his pride :)

11. Danyc

Danyc Senior Member

+94
    Humanist
    Single
    Right, God just loves to watch man squirm, loves to screw around with people. I must have a better view of God than you do; last time I checked, God wasn't human, didn't have such shallow characteristics. When was the last time you just wanted to screw with someone for the heck of it?

A man saw things around him that led him to wonder why it happened; he saw some organisms one place and others other places, and never intermixed. He saw that animals progressively changed under conditions and proposed the theory of natural selection to account for it. He saw and tried to explain to the best of his ability. You call this pride?

12. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The bible got to be the best seller of all time for a reason. Good luck with your picking any fable that ammounts to a hill of beans. But then again, so called science doesn't either, so what would it matter?

13. dad

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Abasing the proud looks, and puffed up silliness of little man is not screwing around with men. The sin of the devil was just that, pride. When man knows his proper place in creation, he will be anything but proud, and lifted up. Pride cometh before a fall.

Job 40:12 -Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

14. Lpe04

Lpe04 Senior Member

+61
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I was joking by the way ;)

15. Nathan Poe

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Good marketing. Is popularity the yardstick by which you always measure truth?

16. Nathan Poe

+1,589
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Should've put the winking smiley in the first time. Poe's Law Strikes Again.

17. consol

consol Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Ignorance and Fear.
    Ignorance and lack of understanding causes Fear,
    Any so called answers to counter the Fear of death will always be a best seller.
    People who are afraid will believe anything, drowning men clutch at straws.

18. dad

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Your claim that the bible got where it is at the top of the pile by marketing is noted. That is, of course ridiculous. It works, so any marketing would be useless if it did not work, and prove itself to be accurate in so many many different ways, like prophesy.
    Jesus quoted it, and lived by it. He rose from the dead, and was seen of us by it. Mary had a baby, never knowing a man, by it. If coke was a bottle full of vinegar, all the marketing in the world would not make it a sustained, world wide drink. If the bible was the sort od ill conceived bad religion that so called science is, it could never be where it is today!!

19. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+776
    Baptist
    Married
    Thanks, AV. Even I know this verse very well, I am still thrilled when I read it again in your post.

20. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    it's our job to quote the Bible....but surely you knew that? ROFL!!!

*thinkin' of the complete irony of this post...* hahahaaaa