Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting that God did that, He must have had a purpose. Never saw that before, thanks.

I did a Hebrew Word Study once on plant life in Genesis and it's not so much the sun that plants need, Biblically speaking, but it's when God speaks they grow and are strengthened.

Just like the flowers in heaven that others have come back to tell us after dying - the flowers are singing and swaying and waiting happily for all the Son of God to come home, they don't need our natural sun either. I sure wish I put that in a jpeg to show, oh well.

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
False! Go and preach the gospel to every creature is way beyond that. Period. "In all the earth" The earth will pass away, it says, and Jesus said, not just Jerusalem. You have tunnel vision.

No more so than the Bible does.

You seem to try to disqualify everything that is written in His book!!

Ya think?

If we saw Him after raising from the dead, and that was mentioned in the bible, you try to make that mean it has no meaning. No.

Well, since "we" didn't see any such thing, and "we" certainly didn't put it down anywhere, then it is certainly disqualified.

Or is everything written down automatically true in your magical world?

If the book covers creation to eternity, your rules of of no importance, or relevance whatsoever. If God's word is preserved, in a satanic world, then we need not expect a lot of outside support!

Those are some pretty big ifs you got there, dad.

The reason He had to get it to us to start with, is because we have a faulty information access system!

And where is the weak link in that "information access system"? Human beings. And what means did your God allegedly use to get info to us? Human beings!

Not exactly fixing the problem, is it?

I don't believe you know what you are talking about. Care to make a demo??

Sure -- if you start by giving me a rough synopsis of the circumstances of Jesus' birth, I'll be happy to correct the numerous mistakes you will inevitably make, and show you that there is no way it could've happened the way the Bible really describes it.

Unless you're afraid of the truth, dad?

When that person was expected for centuries, of course we wait, with baited breath. Try reading the words of the One worth waiting for.

You troll Maternity Wards, dad? How creepy.

Thinkers that reside in the box need no silencing, paranoid, much??

Inquisition much?
Scopes Trial much?
"Teach the Controversy" much?
Blather much?

Grasping for only what is inside one's head can only produce so much. What it has produced is a dangerous, and love cold world, with a dog eat dog, survival of the fittest mentality. A world that threatens to blow itself up, with so called wise men that think the universe was in a soup that would fit on the head head a pin! A world of torture, terror, and fear, and death.

And Radical Religionism has contributed more to that world than anything else -- how fortunate that Reason has (with a few unfortunate exceptions) been able to keep it in check.

Here's hoping that Reason's winning streak goes on -- if we had more people like you, we'd have fewer people.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does that include the centuries of torture, terror, fear, and death that Christians created?
Christianscreated nothing of the sort. Jesus tortured no one. The demons might disagree, as they asked if he came to torment them before the time.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No more so than the Bible does.
Where?

Well, since "we" didn't see any such thing, and "we" certainly didn't put it down anywhere, then it is certainly disqualified.
[/quoote] You were not born. How would you see anything, if even if you were not a backslider?
And where is the weak link in that "information access system"? Human beings. And what means did your God allegedly use to get info to us? Human beings![/quoote] When God uses a link, it is strong. You miss the obvious.

Sure -- if you start by giving me a rough synopsis of the circumstances of Jesus' birth, I'll be happy to correct the numerous mistakes you will inevitably make, and show you that there is no way it could've happened the way the Bible really describes it.
You are dreaming. Try the virgin birth, for example.
Unless you're afraid of the truth, dad?
No, try using it some time, and see for yourself.

Inquisition much?
Scopes Trial much?
"Teach the Controversy" much?
Blather much?
Fart much??

And Radical Religionism has contributed more to that world than anything else -- how fortunate that Reason has (with a few unfortunate exceptions) been able to keep it in check.
The Inquisition did keep us on our toes for a bit, true. But evil men never really weighed in as moore than the dust on the weigh scale. Really.
Here's hoping that Reason's winning streak goes on -- if we had more people like you, we'd have fewer people.
Not true. I am all for sex, and babies, unlike the unnatural devil's crowd. I also am against WOMD, and wars of wicked man. I am not even for anti nature sodomy, which saves a lot of lives on the Aids thingie. Is that OK with you??

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Just to screw with them :) (can I say that on here? :)Don't ban me! :)

Not really. YEC as a whole screws with any form of non YEC. Much like how getting hit by the pinky finger of someone who punched you hurts... just like the rest of their hands.

Luckily, many have learned to take thing metaphorically, so the messing with our heads is done more so by the people who don't see it metaphorically.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I asked for a synopsis, dad, not one out-of-place, out-of-context myth.

Afraid to tell a story, dad?
Best to keep it short with backsliders, really, when it comes to the bible. There is enough in there to make it number one best seller of history. If you prefer to deny the witnessed events recorded, you are welcome to.

It is irrelevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Best to keep it short with backsliders, really, when it comes to the bible. There is enough in there to make it number one best seller of history. If you prefer to deny the witnessed events recorded, you are welcome to.

It is irrelevant.

No, dad -- as long as you are afraid to put the Bible to the test, and are too scared to see if those "witnessed" events really were witnessed, you are irrelevent.

Upvote 0