✟7,669.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hey all,

I'm not the child of a pastor but I've often wondered (after watching the 7th Heaven T.V. series) what kids of pastors find the most difficult element. What do you find hardest about it?

Stu :)

<Staff Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

toyjarta

I'm Cath -I can't use my old account u.u-
Jan 22, 2002
✟18,341.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, does that mean that a pastors' child is being full of responsibilities. Their innocence is robbed, they can not have fun and be carefree like other kids?
I don't think it is that way...I have always lived like a normal kid...maybe some people talk about me, but that's not the mayority...and you just have to forget about people unfair judgements :)

Upvote 0

mrscplus

Jul 8, 2007
Toronto
✟8,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I never felt unreal expectations, I was just me. I learned early though that people loved to try to get me into trouble.
This was not an easy task, I was not rebellious (my sister had the market on that one), but I always let my parents know what I was doing so that if someone tried to "rat me out", mom knew ahead of time.

It was just easier to be upfront than have my parents suprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
denisa88,

Welcome2.gif

-CF Angel

Upvote 0

tweetydi23076

Aug 2, 2007
Hudgins,VA
✟7,696.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
It was very difficult moving around. The first move was away from my grandparents and all my relatives in Belle Vernon. Then we moved around 4 times in the Allentown area, then moved to WV now we live in Virginia. Been here for 12 yrs and hoping that he doesn't up and decide to move again.
Also, feeling like your under a microscope. All through high school and even a few times since then, as soon as I walk into a room, everyone watches what they say or do. Like just cuz my dad is a pastor I can't even hear bad things. My friend in WV hid smoking from me cuz she thought I wouldn't speak to her anymore cuz she smoked just cuz of who my dad is.
I didn't rebel as a teenager. I sort of did in my early 20's when it got more difficult. but thats a problem for another post.

Upvote 0

BeautifulDestiny09

Feb 16, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Visit site
✟15,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That everyone is watching your every move...its annoying, we're either expected to be perfect (and criticized if we're not)...or to screw up (and get criticized if you do screw up)...either way, there's way too many expectations...oh yeah and everyone expects u to follow in the footsteps of ministry...luckily I'm a girl so I haven't had to deal with that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KoolKat

the crazy priest's kid from down the lane
Nov 28, 2006
my mind
✟21,858.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That everyone is watching your every move...its annoying, we're either expected to be perfect (and criticized if we're not)...or to screw up (and get criticized if you do screw up)...either way, there's way too many expectations...oh yeah and everyone expects u to follow in the footsteps of ministry...luckily I'm a girl so I haven't had to deal with that
exactly my point, amen

Upvote 0

lostwithoutu

Apr 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything everyone has mentioned up to this point had been an issue and still is with me. What used to be the hardest thing when I was growing up was the obligation to be at church 7 days a week. Along with hearing my family and other members say "what would people say" if they saw you do this or say that. etc etc. Everything was always about the perfect image.
Needless to say, I rebelled as did my brother.

Upvote 0

PraiseYouInTheStorm

Dec 3, 2007
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, I feel that because I've grown up knowing everything about the Bible and knowing all the answers, I tend to miss the real meaning of what the scriptures mean. I feel like I've heard it all before sometimes! But when there's that jolt of understanding it's like "wow!" All in all, it's not a bad thing to grow up as a pastor's child! It's nice to meet other PKs too though :)

Upvote 0