To Kill an American...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherKnight

Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Oct 24, 2005
Mesa, AZ
✟16,914.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Written by an Australian Dentist...

To Kill an American You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but
there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American. So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. Infact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them
chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans wel come the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best
food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular ! place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

It says it all, for all of us...

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrotherKnight again.

That was a great article to read, thanks for posting it....a real lifter, since the news mostly focuses on the negitive comments said about us...Peace be with you...Pam

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have heard alot of mean things said to americans. i hear that we are the most hated country in the world.
hearing this was very nice. where ever it came from, it sure hits close to home.

:) my neighborhood has many different lanuages and heritages. we have so many diverse holidays and celebrated traditions of the many cultures here. ^_^ it's amazing. it's cool to be free to exspress the wonderful traditions and backgrounds we all have. :clap:
icon12.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherKnight

Oct 24, 2005
Mesa, AZ
✟16,914.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Tonks said:
OT - is there anyway to change the wretched color scheme that the forums are now sporting?
I didn't think it was much different than the original...but no, I don't know if it can be changed or not.

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Amazing!
:o
I do not think I have ever heard any other country praise themselves even half as much, as You do in USA...
:confused:
IF it is Your truly opinion, that You are so very best in every way - why the nead to tell everyone???
:scratch:
I do nor intend to be impolite, even if it might seem so, but I am honestly curious!
:eek:
Obviously Swedish culture is very different... I would be embarrassed to say things like that...

Upvote 0

BrotherKnight

Oct 24, 2005
Mesa, AZ
✟16,914.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Febe said:
Amazing!
I do not think I have ever heard any other country praise themselves even half as much, as You do in USA...
IF it is Your truly opinion, that You are so very best in every way - why the nead to tell everyone???
I do nor intend to be impolite, even if it might seem so, but I am honestly curious!
Obviously Swedish culture is very different... I would be embarrassed to say things like that...
It was written by an Austrailian. :wave:

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Teshi

Febe said:
Amazing!

IMO US boasting is related to the insecurity of being one of the world's youngest nations. *shrug*

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Febe said:
Amazing!
With all due respect, Febe, no other country is under attack by the rest of the world like the US is and so it should come as no surprise that Americans will "tell others" why we are not the bloodthirsty imperialist bullies that our enemies make us out to be.

Additionally, Mr. Ferrera wrote the article in direct response to a REAL threat of a REAL Pakistani offering a real reward for really killing Americans! Therefore his words were quite admirable...they were not filled with lies, hatred, and invectiive against the countries and cultures of others (not even Sweden) but rather his words strove to defend good...a 180 degree difference than the words of the Pakastani who sought to overcome a "perceived" evil through violence.

What would you have us Americans do, pretend that we deserve to threats of violent men? I was not born in the US, but became one through choice. If the real America was anything like the anti-American propoganda spewed on various media sources around the world I certainly would not have considered living here.

If you do not like us defending ourselves when our very lives are being threatened feel free to express that (which you have)...but your assertion that we should be "embarrassed" over it is misplaced.

Upvote 0

BrotherKnight

Oct 24, 2005
Mesa, AZ
✟16,914.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Teshi said:
IMO US boasting is related to the insecurity of being one of the world's youngest nations. *shrug*

At 230 years of age, I wouldn't call the USA "young". If you look at it, our government is the longest standing model of democracy in the world.

Upvote 0

Called2Grace

My body, my birth my choice!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2005
Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I would really like to live and work in America even for a short period of time, once I am a RN. Hubby is even considering it too. I know that it is a difficult country to get into, but I think that I might get a sponsorship? Not sure about hubby though. I would also really like my children to see another culture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.