✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ATTENTION

I posted something last night, then took it down.

Upon a second consideration, I decided to re-post what I had taken down, as I felt it may help some people who feel like they are the only ones.

But I will warn you, what I have written is very, very bluntly honest. And I'm speaking from my heart in such a way as I never have here on CF.

I hope that the twistedness of my pain can in some way help somebody.

The reason I took it down was because I felt embarrassed I'd ever written such a thing.

But now that I think on it, if I don't acknowledge and address those feelings, I can never deal with them, and they only get worse.

And, also, mentions of people feeling such ways are recorded in the Bible. So, how am I any better than them?

Once again, I warn you. If you have a weak constitution of Christianity, the passage is not for you to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenebrae

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ohhhhhhh, i see now. Thank you for being honest. I can sooooooo relate to what came out of your heart. I'm lifting you and your wife to Abba as we speak. The enemy is giving you a sound kickin when you're down, and it's quite a pounding. Yes, it is very much like Elijah when he was so down. And other servants of God.

I do not know why He's allowing this furnace of affliction you and your wife are going through, but He does. I am sooooooo lifting you both up.

Father in this furnace of affliction our brother and His wife are in the midst of, and as the flames are nipping at their heels and seemingly getting closer and hotter, be present, in a visible, tangible way. Our brother is feeling beat up and cast off. Show him a glimpse of the Light at the end of the tunnel. You promise us that You will not put on us more than we can bear. Show him this is so. Show our brother that You are indeed a very present Help in times of trouble. Stop the wheels of persecution, but if they must turn, grant our brother and his wife strength to bear it and grant each the vision to see that it will not last forever. Emblazon Your signs of a future and a hope before their very eyes, and show them that it is true that tears may last for a night but joy cometh in the morning. Carry our weary brother and his wife now, in this moment, and defend them with Your Right Hand against all that is not of You, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of You, the living God, the God of the living, amen.

I thought it was just me going through the furnace of affliction. I will continue lifting you up.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been there and can relate QC.

Maybe the Lord is telling you to not worry about the things in this world and trust him for your provision. There were times I paid tithes and gave my last cent and still ended up without this or that. I learned a valuable lesson and that is that God was looking for me to look to him for security and not the STUFF..not even shelter as security, but him..knowing he would provide for me, even if it meant I would not necessarily have things 'my way' for a while, and I have experienced this more times than I can say.

Particular the past three years God required of me something that sent me into depression for a while until I began to get the BIG picture and he began to show me why he was allowing these things. It was to get my focus on him and a LOVE for him and not the things of this world. There is so much more I could write, but it seems God is down-sizing with a greater purpose in mind and you will see it as times goes on..Right now you can't, but you will. It seems God has failed you and left you, I know the feeling..But, he has not. He has something better in mind for you. One thing is learning to lean totally on him as he begans to strip you of things you thought you had to have. Not easy, but I tell you, the purpose is great and you will begin to see it one day.

You may not get a job right now and God wants you to learn to depend on him. I speak from experience. We say a lot about having faith in God until God tests our faith and we want to give up and say God is not there, I know..done it a million times, especially when you feel you have been faithful. It goes beyond giving tithes for God to make sure your bills are paid, it is far deeper than that..and I believe that you are on a road that will lead you to understand just how deep it is. All is well, he is with you.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another thing I want to add QC. You are being tested right now, this is a test. Will you give up because of the beast nature wanting its way and turn around because of material things or will you continue to press on not knowing what tomorrow holds, but who holds it?

God is requiring a lot of his people in these days. He is allowing us to be stripped of ourselves and even STUFF in this world.

It is a heart issue and when he is done with you, you will not care ANYTHING about a job, telephone or this material stuff you think you need. You have what you need, and he is more than enough. He will provide what you need and when you need it. He can send a bird with the money if he wanted to.

Say like the Hebrew boys that is God does NOT deliver you, you know that he can. But, has he ever not delivered us when we needed him the most. I could tell you of so many things that God has done for me the past three years and I have not worked a day. He provides what I NEED and he has taken away a lot of the 'extras', as a matter of fact ALL of the extras and I have come to realize I did not need some of that stuff anyway.

BUT, if it is something he knows you do NEED and must KEEP in your life, he will make a way......:) Praying for you tonight Brother, Do not allow material things of this world to make you turn your back on God. You probably cant' anyway, he will pull you right back in. :)

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My dear brother,

When a problem arises, you can either run away from it or face it; and trust our Lord Jesus Christ in helping you to handle, overcome, and conquer it in HIS Name (see Psa. 55:23).

We need to always remember that our Lord Jesus Christ enemies robbed HIM of all human dignity. HE was denied and betrayed, ridiculed and despised. HE was crucified cruelly, and nevertheless HE implored HIS Father to forgive them.

There is an old saying: “If you are always in the sun, you are in the desert!” Some fruit can only be produced in rainy condition, and sometimes only sorrow and hard times can lead to spiritual growth.

I know many who have been in the same position as you and your family are right now.

Forty-five years ago, I was in the same position, and I won’t go into detail. And here we are forty-five years later, still alive and doing well.

My heart goes out to you and your family, and I pray that your needs will be met, through HIS WILL, in Jesus’ Name.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to bed now.

Thank you all for your responses.

I erased what I wrote because I did not want to be reminded of people seeing something like that.

I just have to deal with each day as it comes and move forward from there.

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm going to bed now.

Thank you all for your responses.

I erased what I wrote because I did not want to be reminded of people seeing something like that.

I just have to deal with each day as it comes and move forward from there.

Um, me too, and I'll be praying for yah! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm warning you.

This is very intense.

Be forewarned.

To be completely honest, some of the reason I've been writing some of these things lately about having a hard time [in the theoretical sense] have been actually about some things I have been going through lately.

I got fired in April for no reason. Then, the whole flubbed-up process of unemployment took six weeks for me to get my money. All this time, I've been falling behind in my bills, but haven't told anyone.

I had to buy a car in February, because there was a vehicle accident in December which totaled our car. Right after we bought the car, they started doing all these incentives like "we'll make your payments for 12 months" and stuff like that, AFTER we bought our car, so now that does us no good. And NOW, they are offering 4500 dollars for you to bring in your old car if you buy one that gets 10 more miles to the gallon, the "clunker offer" or whatever it's called.

Well, none of these things help us, because they started offering these things AFTER we bought our car. So then, two months after I buy this car, with no deals, I get fired. Well, to add fuel to the fire, when the insurance company totaled the car out, they offered me 5600 dollars. They took out the 500.00 deductible, so they paid 5100 dollars outright to my bank, who is the current lienholder. I had gap insurance on the car, so that if the car was totaled, and the payout was less than what I owed, they would make up the difference and pay off the car.

5600 [payout]
- 500 [deductible]
5100 cash payment to my lienholder.

Well, I owed 5350.00 on the car.

So there is now a 250.00 balance that is owed.

However, the gap insurance looks at the 5600 figure, and says, "Well, that exceeds the value of the amount owed of 5350, so we don't have to pay anything out." So now I am unemployed, and stuck with a 250.00 balance I have to pay on the car, when I got gap insurance to pay that in the first place. So THEN, I get home today, and my 818.00 unemployment check [for two weeks] was not in the mail. It should have been there. My wife's 158.00 check was there! So why was mine NOT there? Because they sent me another form to fill out for the two-week record that should have covered that check, where they ask you basic questions like "did you refuse work" and such. The new form I got today said "you answered some questions Yes and No or your form was incomplete".

But I checked it like 5 times before I sent it, like I do every week.

So now, I will have to wait another week before I get this check. And on top of that, I went to the expense of paying 20.00 [which I could not afford, but I took it out of our money] to OVERNIGHT our two-week forms to the California unemployment office, so we would get our checks faster, because we have to pay the past due bill for internet/telephone/cable tv for a couple of months of service, as well as pay for car insurance and other needs. So I just basically did that for nothing. I paid 20.00 to overnight something which didn't help. So now, I owe 200 dollars for internet/telephone, etc, 160 dollars for car insurance, and ...

GET THIS ... I got called Friday morning to go interview for a job on Tuesday in New Mexico, which is a 12-hour drive from here, and I told them I would be there, because I thought I was getting my unemployment check, and because I haven't gotten called for any other interviews. So I don't know how I'm going to pay car insurance. I don't know how I'm going to pay cable, internet, phone. I have to have this service because I need the phone to get calls for jobs, and I need the internet to look for jobs. They said if we didn't pay by Tuesday, they would cut us off, and we'd have to pay the full balance, plus a deposit, plus one month's advance payment. I wouldn't be this behind on this bill, and wouldn't have to be waiting for an unemployment check which is one week late, if I had not got fired. And I also don't know how I'm going to get to New Mexico.

On top of that, all this crap has put a strain on my relationship with my wife. The prospect of uprooting and going to another state, the lack of money, the erratic sleeping patterns because I stay up all night and the next day looking for jobs, we haven't found a church to go to yet, my attitude in all this ... it's all accumulated into one big ball of you-know-what in our household. And to be honest, it really feels like God has left me out to dry. I tithed my last bit of money out of my final paycheck to "honor God". And God said that those who honor him, he would honor them. And not two hours later, after the church service, I got a bill that said I owed 300 dollars.

That really p'ed me off.

I struggled and fought over whether I should pay that tithe, because I wondered if I was going to need that money at some point down the line. And two hours later, I did need that money. And I "gave it to God". And then I was out the 300, and had to go into the negative to pay the bill. I give God 300 dollars, and two hours later, I get a bill for 300 dollars. Imagine that.

I have tried to honor the Lord. I have been taking advantage of my time since I have been unemployed by spending large amounts of time speaking in tongues, reading the Bible, trying to have lots more spiritual time with my wife, going more to church, spending more time trying to connect on this forum, etc. But yet, things have gotten continually worse and worse and worse. My unemployment is less than half of what I was making weekly for the city. I have only got the one phone call for an interview, and now I don't know if I am going to be able to make that interview.

And there's something inside a man that drives him, that makes him want to take care of his wife and his household affairs financially, to make provision for her. And it wounds me very deeply to feel like I may not be able to go to New Mexico, because after all this time passes since my termination, I finally get a phone call for an interview, and look what happens. Yes, I know this is twelve hours away from where I live, but the one pressing thought in my mind is "I gotta get a job", and I don't want to miss this interview, and then not get phone calls for more interviews, and feel guilty wondering what would have happened if I had taken that chance to go for the interview.

I just really wonder about all this. I feel like Elijah, Jeremiah, John the Baptist and others who really wanted to give up and quit, and just throw in the towel, spiritually speaking, because I have really been trying to dedicate myself to God, and my life in many ways has gone to pure hell.

The Bible says that God is supposed to provide for you.

It seems to me like God is not taking care of us.

It feels like God does not want to care about me.

And it makes me not want to care about him.

I'm losing the desire to go to church and to do all the Christian things.

I've just been told all my life that if you trusted God and obeyed him and did his will, that he would never let you down and never give you up.

It feels to me like God has let me down. It feels like God has given up on me.

This is really hard.

This is an honest confession, but I can't go on pretending everything's okay any more.

I have been pretending like that here on forums. I really have.

I have put on a face, and have not been real with all of you.

And this is as real as I can be.

John Wesley wrote in the hymn, "Come, Thou Fount Of Every Blessing":

"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
Prone to leave the Lord I love."

And that's exactly where I am right now. I am let down and feel cast down.

I don't see God in this. I feel like God has thrown me under the bus.

I did a damn good job for those sorry morons at the city, and I came over here to California to take this job, and they knew it, and they fired me for no good reason, and all of this has happened to me and my wife as a result.

Why didn't God protect me from getting fired?

It's not like I did something worthy of being terminated.

In their records, they put me down as terminated "without-cause".

I read 1100 meters in one day for those dill-weeds, with zero error. I helped their customers to calm down and not be mad at the city. I was liked by my fellow employees. Without being asked, I brought in two big boxes of donuts one morning, and they thanked me for it and were greatly appreciative. My work always got done on-time, or early. And also, they put me down as "ineligible for rehire". And I only worked there 6 months. So, now prospective employers are wondering why I was terminated after only 6 months, and then also when they ask if I am eligible for rehire, the city can say "no, he is not".

And now I cannot go out and get another job at McDonald's or some place to supplement my income, because they take away that percentage of your unemployment if you do go to work, and after taxes at the job, I would bring home less money per week with the combination of the paycheck with the unemployment. And at this income I'm making, I'd have to go get a job making 15 or 16 dollars an hour to bring home what unemployment pays me, and none of those jobs have called me back for interviews.

And my mom's down my throat about going to school during this time, and she said, "Because I tell you, I would do everything I could in my power to take advantage of this time off right now", and I'm thinking "how am I going to go to school right now????? with what money?"

I am stuck in this horrible, awful place.

I have come on this forum and spoken from my heart the words which the Lord has given me.

I gave them in truth and sincerity. And they blessed many lives.

But yet for all my helping others, I wonder when God is going to help me.

I am beginning to feel like all I am to God is some kind of messenger boy whose life does not really matter to Him.

And yet, on the other hand, I have this fear in the back of my mind that if I do leave God and turn away from him, he will come down with flaming angry vengeance to destroy me and make my life ten times worse than what it already is.

I have begun to question many things I was told from when I was young.

I was told all my life "if you honor God, he will take care of you and meet all your needs."
I was told all my life "if you love the Lord, he will work all things out on your behalf."
I was told all my life "I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
I was told all my life "God never lets you down, and always makes a way."
I was told all my life "the righteous man built his house on the Rock, and when the storm came, it didn't affect him."

I was told all these things that we constantly tell each other, and I wonder if we are like a high school football team, and the cheerleaders keeping telling us in chants, "We're number 1! We're number 1! We're number 1! GooooooOOOOOO, JE-sus!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!", and it's something we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better, to give ourselves a pep talk. I wonder if we're just chanting a chant.

I did a God-honoring job for the city.

So why did God not protect my job?
Why did he let me get fired?
Why did he take away from me the chance at a 30-year retirement?
Why did he take insurance from me, which covered me and my wife?
Why did he let them fire me after 6 months, making my good job record look bad?

Why did this "true and just" God let unrighteousness and abuse prevail after I glorified him?

I can't be any more honest than what I'm being right now.

I really need help. I really need prayer. I really need to provide for myself and my wife.

I just don't know what to do any more.

Oh yeah, and 1295.00 rent is due in ten days. Then a $430.00 car payment is due ten days after that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
well i'm thankful you put it back.....God uses all of our struggles to edify one another....that's why David is so precious to me....he poured it all out to Abba....let's do the same...

lifting you up my brother.....keep sharing...even in this, your current furnace of affliction you may be ministering to another, going through the same thing.

Keep pouring it out. God uses all things for your good, my good, our sisters and brothers good, to those called according to His purpose.

Lifting you, your wife, your household, to Abba.

Upvote 0

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
God's name is I AM, not I AM NOT or I WON'T that is the caption on your indentity for the forum, He is the I AM, I AM your provider, I am the owner of the cattle of a 1000 hills, I am the One who provides all your needs, I Am the One who gives you a future and a hope, I Am the One to turn to in your time of need.

Psalm 121 says the following

I will lift my eyess to the hills from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved, He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper, the Lord is your shade at your right hand, the sun shall not
strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve you from all evil, He shall preserve your soul.
the Lord shall preserve your going our and your coming in,
From this time forth and even forevermore.

As I was reading your post, I really felt this was the scripture for you and your wife to stand on, pray into this scripture, pray this scripture and keep trusting Him as he has promised that He will never leave and forsake you, it may seem like He has at this time in your life, however He is carrying you in this time of your lives, focus on the little things that may come through as blessings as these are the little things that makes one realise that He is there looking after you, I know as I have been in that place, remember He gives you the desires of your heart.

I hope this will bring encouragement to you and your family.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am praying for you, QC.

I also have been going through severely dark days for the last almost 2 years. Sometimes my fellowship with the Lord has been lacking but that is because of me, not Him. I choose to believe that He is right here at my side, and that any distance is caused by me.

Satan is jumping up in down with glee to hear your torment. Remember what Peter said?

John 6:68
Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.

I am reminded of that by the Spirit whenever I despair in my grief and pain.

Be encouraged that your answer is right around the corner.
My husband told me to tell you to think about literally doing what our pastor has done in a moment of deep longing for a move from God and my husband has done this also:--take your bible and put it on the floor, stand on it and tell God, "Here I am, Lord, standing on every one of Your promises to me! I declare them as given!" He wept as he told us of such a powerful demonstration of faith. He did that every day until something moved. What beautiful faith is that?

Yes, I am also reminded of the depression of Elijah--it followed a period of great accomplishment for God, and great feats in His mighty name! You also experienced great prosperity as a child of God, and now have entered a time of great anguish and humbling. Walk through it, yes, but with Him, not alone, my friend! Elijah was ministered to by the Lord personally, rested, and then was given more exploits to perform! I believe as you continue to worship God and seek Him first, as in Matthew 6:33, all these things that are so concerning will be added to you.

God is trustworthy and He is there, at your side. He is your deliverer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am praying for you, QC.

I also have been going through severely dark days for the last almost 2 years. Sometimes my fellowship with the Lord has been lacking but that is because of me, not Him. I choose to believe that He is right here at my side, and that any distance is cause by me.

Satan is jumping up in down with glee to hear your torment. Remember what Peter said?

John 6:68
Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.

I am reminded of that by the Spirit whenever I despair in my grief and pain.

Be encouraged that your answer is right around the corner.
My husband told me to tell you to think about literally doing what our pastor has done in a moment of deep longing for a move from God and my husband has done this also:--take your bible and put it on the floor, stand on it and tell God, "Here I am, Lord, standing on every one of Your promises to me! I declare them as given!" He wept as he told us of such a powerful demonstration of faith. He did that every day until something moved. What beautiful faith is that?

Yes, I am also reminded of the depression of Elijah--it followed a period of great accomplishment for God, and great feats in His mighty name! You also experienced great prosperity as a child of God, and now have entered a time of great anguish and humbling. Walk through it, yes, but with Him, not alone, my friend! Elijah was ministered to by the Lord personally, rested, and then was given more exploits to perform! I believe as you continue to worship God and seek Him first, as in Matthew 6:33, all these things that are so concerning will be added to you.

God is trustworthy and He is there, at your side. He is your deliverer.

you precious sister in Christ, i'm going to do that this very minute and ev'ry day.....stand on His Word, declaring every promise of His Word and declaring them as given...

God is good...you meant to edify a dear brother in Christ, and you edified a sister too.

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
QC
I can truly relate to where you are at. I'm at the same place.
I often wonder why this season in my life has lasted longer than a season.
Guard your heart from bitterness and unforgiveness.
The city is not in control of your life. Can you forgive them for letting you go?
I use to love to give people "brake jobs" when they tailgated. Like it was one of my jobs in life to train them not to ride my bumper. This only produce high stress levels in me. Theirs was already high but I couldn't change that.
A couple months ago 3 people in a row cut me off while driving.
I said "Forgive them Lord they know not what they do and probably don't even care" I then started thinking about all the people I've had to forgive through the years. I told him I was getting tired of always having to be the one forgiving all the time. "Am I going to be doing this my whole life?" Gods response, "Yes" I just started to laugh.
It all has to do with our focus. God is who he says he is.
You are at a critical place in your walk.
Bitterness and unforgiveness are more than just weeds, they grow into trees.
If you allow these seeds to germinate and grow, the roots will cause the rocks attached to the suspension bridge you are on to crack.
Making it unstable at best. Dig them up as soon as God reveals them to you.
Don't allow them to determine your path.
I wish I could tell you when it will get better but I can't. I only know it will.
"Hope deferred makes the heart grow sick" I know. It also makes Grumpy old men.
A verse I think of often is Job 40:8 "Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

My answer is always the same.

You are not alone where you are at.

Blessings my brother
Ydo

Last edited:
Reactions: Floatingaxe
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
QC - it is alright to ask these questions - God knows our hearts. Even Elijah laid down and said just take me Lord. We all reach the end of our limit as to what we can take.

At one point in my life it was so bad - We were taking care of both sets of parents - bedridden, cancer, operations all at one time.

I went outside and beat on the back of the car and yelled at God 'you said you wouldn't give us more than we could take' - my husband was standing in the doorway and said 'don't talk to God like that' - I even went up into the barn and yelled at my brother who was dead 'you took the easy way out and left me with all this' - I was desperate.

In 5 days my mother-in-law died at 11:00 on Sunday - and the next Sunday my dad died at 11:00 - was it because I yelled at God - I don't think so - I think God knew we had reached the end of what we could endure.

We are facing things right now that is destroying part of our family and the stress is so heavy we can't endure any more -

I don't know the answer but I am holding on to Scripture that God showed me a few days ago.

We have no idea why we go through what we go through, but as we look back over our past (I have a lot more past than you) we see where God always worked it out to our good - we can't see it right now - but God sees the beginning from the end and there is no time in between - what we look for as a solution - God may be looking at as already done because we cannot see what God has done.

I know it is of little help to just say hang in there - but that is all we can do - we can talk to God and tell Him how we feel - He won't hold it against us.

You and Gracie are in our prayers.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NOTE: I have been told that maybe this post could be seen as an RV. If it is I apologize. I am willing to take my lumps if needed. If the post is reported I will of course edit it or delete it if I am asked even without a report. I want to help and am posting this so maybe others will join me. I have edited a bit. I hope no one will report or complain.

and sometimes QC I think God wants the body to help our brothers. If you will allow the intrusion into pride, please pm a Paypal address?

I know some, maybe many will send what they can to a brother in need.

I know I will sir. Please consider and please send a paypal address if you dont have one please get one? The money can go almost directly to your chkbook with minimal delay I think. If their is another way to send you help that you know of please let us/me know.

I know you have no reason to believe me/trust me/love me or want my help but it will do me good to reach out to you.

I think many here may feel the same.

Try trusting God thru His people here?

I don't know if it is breaking the rules, but I don't think this it is right to put this on a public forum. If you really want/feel led by the Lord to make a financial response to QC, couldn't you have pm-ed him? It reads as though you are speaking for, or on behalf of, all of us. So anyone who doesn't want/is unable to respond in the same way as you is either going to feel guilty or uncharitable. And you would have got QCs hopes up.

QC I do so empathise. Two years ago I wanted to serve God in a certain way, tried to apply and got no further. It was a failing, partly, on the part of the church, but all I could feel was "I'm trying to serve you Lord, why didn't you sort it?" A similar attempt last year came to nothing, and my overwhelming feeling was that God didn't want me to serve him, that I wasn't good enough, that his promises applied to other people but not me - for some reason. I even told my Minister, while we were at Spring Harvest, that I didn't want to be a Christian any more - and at the time I meant it.

What can I say? The Lord was soooooo patient with me, listened to my complaints, cries, accusations etc and brought me through all that. Not through any doing of my own, it just happened. Although I do wonder if he wanted me to be homnest with him, tell him how I felt and that I couldn't do it in my own strength before he did anything. I know that I have done nothing whatsoever to deserve the love and grace he showed to me then. I feel ashamed now of the things I said to God, but maybe he knew I had to say them - he knew them anyway, I was only kidding, and hurting, myself by keeping everything bottled up.

I also think it's very brave of you to be so honest on here. We should be able to cope weith it, of course, but I was scared to tell people on here - even under relative anonyminity - how I felt, because I was scared that anything I said might turn into a debate about healing/lack of faith or positive confession. Theoretical argument does nothing to help those who are hurting.

I will pray for you; feeling far from, or abandoned by, God is a horrid place to be - Jesus knows, he went through it on the cross.

Upvote 0