United States of America
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I normally don't like to do this sort of thing but right now I feel I have nowhere else to turn. I'm a college senior who's in my next to last semester and my classes are kicking me square in the teeth. My GPA isn't that great either. This semester has been one big setback after another. Murphy's Law has been hard at work for me because everything that could have gone wrong has with me. I am a Christian though I don't act like it...well at all if I'm honest. I've fallen away from God so many times that I'm pretty sure He has a revolving door just for me. I guess I can say that I'm a back row Baptist with a trail of front row sins a mile long. I have my vices, (which shall remain nameless for I do not wish to disclose those here) and I use them to cope with the stress of it all which in turn makes me feel even more shameful for my ways. I know this may sound silly but because of my sinful nature and for the fact that I ALWAYS go back to it no matter how many times I repent, I have this feeling that God will always be punishing me and you know what I can't blame Him one bit. I don't know who to talk to about any of this either which makes matters worse. I guess all I'm asking here is pray for me to pass my classes with good grades and for me to cope with my sorrow some other way.

Kaizen

Nov 6, 2013
United States of America
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just as an update things aren't getting any better. On the contrary they've gotten worse. The new job I got isn't panning out and I feel that I may not have it for too much longer. School isn't much better. I just hate life right now and I don't know who to turn to for help. I'm just losing hope really fast...

Upvote 0

manny101

Nov 26, 2013
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a possibility that you do not want to be set free from the 'bondage'. Also being honest about your sin is very healthy and shows that indeed you want to change. You need to choose whom you are going to serve and you will reap accordingly. You cannot do whatever you want and have God's blessing in your life. Ask yourself or yet you have already answered - Do I glorify Jesus Christ in my life or am I just going through the motions? You need to commit yourself to Him. Those whom the Son of God sets free, is free indeed - As you commit yourself to live a godly life, He will honor you and even murphy's law will be trampled upon. May God break your heart for the things that break His heart and may your commitment be total to Him, amen

Upvote 0

Kaizen

Nov 6, 2013
United States of America
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The semester has ended for me and I actually made alright grades. 1 A, 2 B's and 1 C- (not happy about that one). Don't ask me how I managed to salvage those grades because I don't know how I did. I am currently looking for employment so if any of you have some extra prayers that you're not using I'd sure like that. Once again I'm sorry for asking this since I feel I am a burden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billypayton

† Brother of Jesus
Site Supporter
May 15, 2010
NC
✟28,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
I normally don't like to do this sort of thing but right now I feel I have nowhere else to turn. I'm a college senior who's in my next to last semester and my classes are kicking me square in the teeth. My GPA isn't that great either. This semester has been one big setback after another. Murphy's Law has been hard at work for me because everything that could have gone wrong has with me. I am a Christian though I don't act like it...well at all if I'm honest. I've fallen away from God so many times that I'm pretty sure He has a revolving door just for me. I guess I can say that I'm a back row Baptist with a trail of front row sins a mile long. I have my vices, (which shall remain nameless for I do not wish to disclose those here) and I use them to cope with the stress of it all which in turn makes me feel even more shameful for my ways. I know this may sound silly but because of my sinful nature and for the fact that I ALWAYS go back to it no matter how many times I repent, I have this feeling that God will always be punishing me and you know what I can't blame Him one bit. I don't know who to talk to about any of this either which makes matters worse. I guess all I'm asking here is pray for me to pass my classes with good grades and for me to cope with my sorrow some other way.

May the Lord be with you always, in Jesus name I pray!
Amen

Upvote 0

Kaizen

Nov 6, 2013
United States of America
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. It's me again. Well I'm on the job hunt again after today. I applied at a telemarketing position and I was actually hired last week. However I didn't even make it all the way through this week because I can't sell anything to anyone...ever. *sigh* Seems that everything I touch turns to crap these days. I know this is God's plan, everything is but I sure don't understand it right now. I'm still looking for employment while going to a university that I hate. Hope that I see a light at the end of this tunnel fast.

Upvote 0

manny101

Nov 26, 2013
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi

Please answer the following questions - Why are you going to a university that you hate? Are you majoring in something that you hate as well? How are you paying for university? Do you have savings or are family helping out financially? Where you ever challenged to find your gifts and talents? What is your passion? Did you ever accept Christ as your personal savior and are you growing as a Christian? Are you in a church that will challenge you to grow as a person? Is there something in your life that is hindering everything you put your hands to? inappropriate contentography, immorality, seeking man's approval rather than God's? All I know is that God loves you and He wants the best for you and I hope you find my words a challenge that will make you think and enlist the help of God to change and to get real. You are not a victim. Seek first the kingdom of God and all the other things will come into place. God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.