Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am giving you a chance to defend your stance on tithing?
As yet you can not back up what you or your church believes and teaches.

What/who's stance?

I may have missed it but did anyone even claim the stance you're insinuating? Maybe the reason no one is backing anything up is because no one made the claim?

On the other hand, if someone did make the claim, why all the dramatics? Just say what you want to say.

Mind this is not about you.

No, but is it maybe about you?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have not got a single scripture yet as to why the church teaches you to tithe to the church?

Maybe that's because ☦Marius☦ isn't claiming they have to tithe. I've run it past myself before that 10% might be a good rule of thumb, but that's something the individual needs to decide. Some have it, and some are barely hanging on and that is a lot of money for them.

Here's the problem. You are insisting that we have no clue when it comes to tithing, and you keep threatening to set us straight, when no one needs setting straight. And that's not to say anyone minds your thoughts on it, but the way you are setting things up concerns me.

You're creating a problem that isn't there and seem to be trying to create a need for your input by not paying attention when we tell you we get it.. You don't have to do that, unless something else is up.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians believe that we are told to tithe. Will said believers come along and quote the scriptures that tell us that we are ment to tithe?
And we shall have a little debate or teaching call it what you like. There could be all manner of theologians in here. I don't know. But where ever appears I hope its the best you got.

As I will destroy tithing with scripture.

So lets have some fun and save some cash so we can give it to where scripture tells us to put it. Man Jesus I love you. Thank you for setting me free from the lies of tithing.
Tithing was neverabout money, it was about livestock and crops,
Furthermore it was only for farmers, Shepard’s or for leaders/kings on the plunders of war.

In the NT we are commanded to give freely with an open heart. We are to help people in need

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let each give as they can...that is the NT rule.

The Tithe thing has been hashed out to the point most people know the tithe is not necessarily biblical, some feel it is, and always will and yet others don't mind supporting their church.
Most people know it ? No they don't. We all know the buildings need maintenance and ministers need paid, because very very few know how to walk fully in Christ, if any.
needs to be understood. If the church starting with the catholic church started telling the masses they need to pay . It because its a made up lie. It needs to be understood and stopped. They liad for money, and mislead the masses for years right up until today. They never even gave the the scriptures in a language they masses could understand for long enough. It was all deciet. You really think that just needs hashed out. It way bigger than you think This is clearly not of God. Even though people still get saved or parcially saved through many many false teachings in all MOST of the churches.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Know what?

If you have something to say, you don't need a reply from me to bounce it off of, just go ahead. :)
If your shy that's ok. You said you seen it all the debates on tithing. If you know it all share it. why would you hide truth and keep it to your self?

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They lied to the Holy Spirit and were struck down dead.
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died.
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died.

Ahh your using a poor poor version of scripture that says God done it.
Try using the King James. So you clearly think Gos struck them down. That's such a shame that you think God is like that in a new covenant. The churches have used this fear to get money out or the masses for to long. One for greed and the love of money. Two for power over the masses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that's because ☦Marius☦ isn't claiming they have to tithe. I've run it past myself before that 10% might be a good rule of thumb, but that's something the individual needs to decide. Some have it, and some are barely hanging on and that is a lot of money for them.
Well lets see what he has to say rather than what you think eh. Even God gave us free will. Yay for God

Here's the problem. You are insisting that we have no clue when it comes to tithing, and you keep threatening to set us straight, when no one needs setting straight. And that's not to say anyone minds your thoughts on it, but the way you are setting things up concerns me.

I don't think I am missing very much at all. You may think I am but that's ok by me.
Indeed I am insisting that many do not have a clue on many subjects in the bible. Couldn't be clearer to me. Threatening is that hw you think. Oh my I am sorry if you feel a little intimidated by the way I write. I am so sorry there man. Nut the thing is. I have a very strong message that I like to share with them that have an ear. If you are threatened with they way I speak It might be that I am able through satan to push your buttons so very easily. You might need to cut that buttons off. Then no one can push em. Its called dying to self. Oh its pain full at first but then eventually sooner rather than later you grow up a little and resemble Christ just a little bit more. Its not about you your feelings or hurts it about Christ always. Don't you allow your concerns to run your life. Kill them now. Put them to death. Pick up YOUR cross and follow Jesus. Don't be following me. I wont say I am nothing. Cause I am a king, a tree, Holy sanctified and beyond approach. So as Christians we are not nothing. We are joint aires.
I think the truth is on me many "mind" You included.

You're creating a problem that isn't there and seem to be trying to create a need for your input by not paying attention when we tell you we get it.. You don't have to do that, unless something else is up.
You may have told me "we get it" There are many who don't. If you think other wise. You need to get the facts. I do need to do that as to many believe and still follow like lost sheep and still believe all the dribble they are being taught. Tithing is still widely taught today. So sorry you are wrong most do not know it. I think we can clearly see that in here alone. Do a vote if you need proof.
I don't need proof.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What/who's stance?

I may have missed it but did anyone even claim the stance you're insinuating? Maybe the reason no one is backing anything up is because no one made the claim?

On the other hand, if someone did make the claim, why all the dramatics? Just say what you want to say.

No, but is it maybe about you?
Where did you say yes I agree tithing is not for today? You never . You very slowly moved over to almost saying it. But still NEVER said it in a single post. You even mentioned the 10% Why are you hiding what you might have thought. I think you just moved toward what I said ever so slowly to the point I genuinely thought you are arguing against me. Strange that. Marius most definently was all about giving to the church. Please let him speak for himself.
Why would you use the words intimidating and dramatics threatening lol stop it. I say exactly as I think. I have done and I believe that's why your knickers are in a twist. I said all quite clearly. You on the other hand have moved from one side to the other side.
Your buttons are hard to miss man. Its not about you.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many Christians believe that we are told to tithe. Will said believers come along and quote the scriptures that tell us that we are ment to tithe?
And we shall have a little debate or teaching call it what you like. There could be all manner of theologians in here. I don't know. But where ever appears I hope its the best you got.

So lets have some fun and save some cash so we can give it to where scripture tells us to put it. Man Jesus I love you. Thank you for setting me free from the lies of tithing.
Genesis 14:18-20 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Hebrews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Hebrews 7:1-28
1This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2and Abraham apportioned to him a tenth of everything. First, his name means “king of righteousness.” Then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3Without father or mother or genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God, he remains a priest for all time.

4Consider how great Melchizedek was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the spoils. 5Now the Law commands the sons of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people (that is, their brothers), even though they are descended from Abraham. 6But Melchizedek, who did not trace his descent from Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7And indisputably, the lesser is blessed by the greater.

8In the case of the Levites, mortal men collect the tenth; but in the case of Melchizedek, it is affirmed that he lives on. 9And so to speak, Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham. 10For when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the loin of his ancestor.

A Superior Priesthood

11Now if perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (upon which basis the people received the Law), why was there still a need for another priest to appear—one in the order of Melchizedek and not in the order of Aaron? 12For when the priesthood is changed, the Law must be changed as well.

13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, a tribe as to which Moses said nothing about priests.

15And this point is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16one who has become a priest not by a law of succession, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17For it is testified:

“You are a priest forever

in the order of Melchizedek.”a

18So the former commandment is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the Law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20And none of this happened without an oath. For others became priests without an oath, 21but Jesus became a priest with an oath by the One who said to Him:

“The Lord has sworn and will not change His mind,

‘You are a priest forever.’”b

22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

23Now there have been many other priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office. 24But because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore He is able to save completelyc those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest truly befits us—One who is holy, innocent, undefiled, set apart from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer daily sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people; He sacrificed for sin once for all when He offered up Himself. 28For the Law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the Law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

So when we see Abraham's character and heart, we see he did so out of believing God, not bound by a law. Thus it was accounted as righteousness.
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 18:9-14
9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
The question thus remains, does it really grieve you that much to give to the church? Do you really believe that money has any real power?

Let me give you a testimony to faith and the fallacy of money.
I moved into my house with my dad where we were led by God to reside. The purchase of the house put us strapped for finances and were struggling. Among the first things to happen was the a/c went out and we were looking at a hefty situation that financially we could not afford. Having faith in God, God put a man in our path who fixed us up for under a hundred bucks.
Not long after, our sewer backed up due to heavy rains and were told our main line was busted and would need 9k worth of work and we could not afford it. Rather than succumb to the unsurmountable mountain that lay before us, having faith that God would move it, a guy came out and re-assessed the situation and fixed us up for under 400.
So you see....trust in God, not your money.
You miss the point of tithing.

Matthew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Make sure to read that last verse there....Jesus did say tithes should be done. And lookie lookie...New Testament?!!!!???
Destroy that.

Upvote 0

Missgrundy

Apr 1, 2018
Nairobi
✟18,948.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many churches teach that we as Christians, under the New Covenant, are commanded to give a minimum of 10% of our income to our church. Others teach that preachers of these churches are turning the 10% tithe in the Old Testament into a monetary, legalistic prescription for Christians under the New Covenant. I even heard a Pastor make a challenge to his congregation to give 10% of their income for 90 days and if God does not bless them then he will give them their money back.

In 2 Corinthians 9:5-7 we read: Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a grudging obligation. But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. I don't see a "specific percentage" given anywhere for Christians "under the New Covenant," but I certainly believe in giving and not just to our church. I also believe that everything we own belongs to God.
Yes I agree danthemailman! And many a pastor have been using that verse to compell the members to give. I even attended once a church service invited by a friend where the pastor was forcing even those who don't have to take the envelopes n give if they want to receive a miracle by the end of the day! N he was saying if you do not receive your breakthrough today then I assure you I am a liar! N people gave and gave but I didn't like that.and condemning those who don't tithe as not obeying Gods command .I beleive in giving too but not coerced or forced but compelled by the power of the holy spirit in all ways!

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Missgrundy

Apr 1, 2018
Nairobi
✟18,948.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Teaching people to tithe is a sin. So I do have a right. Why are you offended?
Once again you are telling me I said something I never . Please don't do that. Thank you.
I am going to crush the tithing lie in here for all to see. You don't have to read it. I understand that people will get hurt. When being told there church is misteaching at best. And stealing at worst.

I am giving you a chance to defend your stance on tithing?
As yet you can not back up what you or your church believes and teaches. Mind this is not about you. unless you make it.
I am telling you right now there is not a single scripture telling the Christian to tithe.
Not one, none,zero.
What makes it a sin ? What is sin according to scriptiral meaning?

Upvote 0

Missgrundy

Apr 1, 2018
Nairobi
✟18,948.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Genesis 14:18-20 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Hebrews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Hebrews 7:1-28
1This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2and Abraham apportioned to him a tenth of everything. First, his name means “king of righteousness.” Then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3Without father or mother or genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God, he remains a priest for all time.

4Consider how great Melchizedek was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the spoils. 5Now the Law commands the sons of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people (that is, their brothers), even though they are descended from Abraham. 6But Melchizedek, who did not trace his descent from Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7And indisputably, the lesser is blessed by the greater.

8In the case of the Levites, mortal men collect the tenth; but in the case of Melchizedek, it is affirmed that he lives on. 9And so to speak, Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham. 10For when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the loin of his ancestor.

A Superior Priesthood

11Now if perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (upon which basis the people received the Law), why was there still a need for another priest to appear—one in the order of Melchizedek and not in the order of Aaron? 12For when the priesthood is changed, the Law must be changed as well.

13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, a tribe as to which Moses said nothing about priests.

15And this point is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16one who has become a priest not by a law of succession, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17For it is testified:

“You are a priest forever

in the order of Melchizedek.”a

18So the former commandment is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the Law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20And none of this happened without an oath. For others became priests without an oath, 21but Jesus became a priest with an oath by the One who said to Him:

“The Lord has sworn and will not change His mind,

‘You are a priest forever.’”b

22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

23Now there have been many other priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office. 24But because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore He is able to save completelyc those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest truly befits us—One who is holy, innocent, undefiled, set apart from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer daily sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people; He sacrificed for sin once for all when He offered up Himself. 28For the Law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the Law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

So when we see Abraham's character and heart, we see he did so out of believing God, not bound by a law. Thus it was accounted as righteousness.
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 18:9-14
9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
The question thus remains, does it really grieve you that much to give to the church? Do you really believe that money has any real power?

Let me give you a testimony to faith and the fallacy of money.
I moved into my house with my dad where we were led by God to reside. The purchase of the house put us strapped for finances and were struggling. Among the first things to happen was the a/c went out and we were looking at a hefty situation that financially we could not afford. Having faith in God, God put a man in our path who fixed us up for under a hundred bucks.
Not long after, our sewer backed up due to heavy rains and were told our main line was busted and would need 9k worth of work and we could not afford it. Rather than succumb to the unsurmountable mountain that lay before us, having faith that God would move it, a guy came out and re-assessed the situation and fixed us up for under 400.
So you see....trust in God, not your money.
You miss the point of tithing.

Matthew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Make sure to read that last verse there....Jesus did say tithes should be done. And lookie lookie...New Testament?!!!!???
Destroy that.
I think your scriptires don't support that God said we tithe I think they show people who offered to God as a thankyou not God commanding that 10% be given to the church as tithe I beleive by even supporting a children's home or charity or offering yourself in ministry that is a way of giving back to God a thankyou to Him. I also now think about it where does it say we have to? Thanks for bringing that to my attention I have to look into that now...but I'll still give...doesnt mean I'll stop but I have to think its not a must coz I always thought its mandatory of me

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I even heard a Pastor make a challenge to his congregation to give 10% of their income for 90 days and if God does not bless them then he will give them their money back.

It is not good to test God.
(Expecting) a blessing for our (giving) in my mind kind of makes it all void.
We give from the heart what makes us feel good. (think good)
More than ever lately -- for we have been blessed.
And (never) forget who to thank for that.
MB

PS
If we wish to give what they gave in the Old Testament
I've heard that it was actually something like 33%?
It was 10% plus a few other things occasionally.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟132,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

John,

This comment is not original with me. A brother in Christ told it to me a few years ago: "Tithing is biblical, but it is not Christian". In other words, tithing was an OT requirement for the Israelites but not for Christians under the New Covenant.

What is the NT principle of giving?

6 Here is something to remember. The one who plants only a little will gather only a little. And the one who plants a lot will gather a lot. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give. You shouldn’t give if you don’t want to. You shouldn’t give because you are forced to. God loves a cheerful giver(2 Cor 9:6-7 NIRV).​

There you have it:
  • Plant a lot;
  • Give according to what you have decided inside yourself;
  • Don't give begrudgingly;
  • No forced giving/tithing;
  • Be a cheerful giver.
I'm not convinced that all giving has to be monetary. See James 2.

Oz

Upvote 0

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are called to tithe in the old testament, there is no passage in the new to tithe, however we are to also fallow the law of the old testment, however tithing is more than money, in truth it's time, possessions too, in the ot the Israelites used to end up giving a third of what they had, food for thought. If you are poor and have no money or barely enough to get buy sacerfice and tithe your time and possessions more to balance the scales. Balance is key, Amen. Love you all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't care. I'm tithing, anyway. I don't condemn those who don't tithe, but I do condemn those who make a big deal about their not tithing in the same way that I condemn those who make a big deal about the tithe that they do give. At least the Pharisees bragged and rattled their coins over an actual sacrifice. They got their reward in this life. Some, here, would shake an empty purse and brag about the nothingness. The return on investment is much better, but the deed is no less ignoble.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John, you're picking a fight where there is none.

I agree it is wrong for a church to put the false burden of tithing on the congregants. But if a Christian, out of their own joy and cheer, wants to give 10%, then leave them alone. They have every right to do it.

Whatever your purpose was here, it has been lost due to your arrogance. You're egging Christians on so you can destroy them and show your superiority. Not so different from Goliath calling out the fighters so he could crush them. Protect your forehead.

And then you even take a swipe at someone for not using the kjv. Why does that always creep into threads around here?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died.
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died.

Ahh your using a poor poor version of scripture that says God done it.
Try using the King James. So you clearly think Gos struck them down. That's such a shame that you think God is like that in a new covenant. The churches have used this fear to get money out or the masses for to long. One for greed and the love of money. Two for power over the masses.
LOL there you go again. You assume you know what Bible version I do or don't read.
Do you think Ananias just killed himself? It's a big deal to lie to the Holy Spirit, no matter who it was that struck them down. imv, Peter makes it clear that they didn't die because of lying about money but because of who they lied to.

You make to many assumptions and accusations claiming you know what individual people believe about tithing.
Are pastors allowed to become rich and wealthy ?
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/should-christians-pay-tithe.8039772/page-2#post-72111801

And the RCC, does not teach tithing, at least they didn't 40 yrs. ago.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't care. I'm tithing, anyway. I don't condemn those who don't tithe, but I do condemn those who make a big deal about their not tithing in the same way that I condemn those who make a big deal about the tithe that they do give. At least the Pharisees bragged and rattled their coins over an actual sacrifice. They got their reward in this life. Some, here, would shake an empty purse and brag about the nothingness. The return on investment is much better, but the deed is no less ignoble.
I haven't heard anyone say that they don't give or shouldn't give, just the opposite.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.