Tithe of the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hervey,
It is not where the thread is going, it is where the conversation between you and I are going.

You have made up in your mind that tithing is of the Law. I do not see it that way so why continue speaking about things we cannot agree upon.

I will strive always to be at peace, so I do not intend on giving up my peace on the account of a dissagreement. As a Christian I know better than that. That is why I have to take the exit out on the this thread, simply because you started the thread first, and secondly you started with a statement that people do not realize that tithing is of the law.

I will gladly speak of tithing with anyone, but I will not get into contentions about it or any other topic.

in His Service<><

Upvote 0
MarkS:

Because of free will, you or I can choose as to whether or not the tithe was of the Law.

We know that the tithe was give prior to God giving the Law to Moses, which was to be given unto Israel. The book of Mal. proves that God was talking to Israel, because this book was written unto Israel.

The seven church epistles are written unto the Church, and "not once" will you even find the word "tithe" in the seven church epistles !

You had said that the giving of the tithe came before the law. Well, so did "circumcison". Yet, the book of Galatians deals with the "Law of Circumcision", specifically. Although, the book of Galatians deals will "all" the law, of which the "tithe" was a part !

Deut. 14:22 is "of" the Law, and is a commandment of the law to Israel, for them to "tithe" of their increase.

I gave you plenty of scriptures that show us, that we are no longer "under" the Law, since Christ.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
I do not believe anyone in this thread believes we are still under the Law.

And since Galatians speaks of the Circumcission the way it does, by non other than our beloved apostle Paul, and yet Paul thought it was OK to have Timothy circumcised (See Acts 13:6)and not be under condemnation nor consider themselves "fallen from grace" (Because of the freedom they had in Christ) I believe it will not be such a bad idea to Tithe. (Not as the Law commanded but as Abraham paid tithes out his free will, and so did Jacob because of his gratitude to a Loving God that cares for him)

It is not hurting me and my household, and it helps my church pay the bills.

Plus, in this Day and Age, I rather be putting my money into Kingdom business rather than the stock market. My returns are guaranteed by God.

Looking forward to His coming<><

Upvote 0
Mark:

Paul had Timothy circumcised because of the Jews ! Not because he just wanted to circumcise Timothy. Also Timothy never wanted, nor did he ever ask to be circumcised !

Timothy's mother was a Jew, and his father was a Greek (gentile) - Acts 16:1 thru 3. This Jews still praticed the law and were still under the law. Also take note, that the Jews attached themselves to the law of the land as well. They wanted to be under the rule of Rome and at the same time be under the law of Moses.

The Jews were always after Paul, and were trying to stop him from teaching about "grace", and the salvation through Jesus Christ.

This is "WHY" Paul circumcised Timothy !

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.