wb3

Live like you will die tommorrow and learn like yo
Aug 3, 2002
Warner Robins, GA
Visit site
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
I know validity is not proved by the amount of time a theory is around. But the Bible has been around for a very long time. Whether in scrolls or book form it has been around for several thousand years. The THEORY of evolution has only been around for about 143 years. Doeas this not arouse a reasonable doubt to whether it maybe true. When one man can make a change in science that has little proof and change the world for the next 143 years. Darwin must have been very persuasive or he had way too much money, but to change the future of the scientific world on a theory gathered in a 25 year period is truly extraordinary and doubtful.

If put through a "scientific court" I don't think either of these theories(evolution & creation) could pass w/o a reasonable doubt.

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Originally posted by wb3
If put through a "scientific court" I don't think either of these theories(evolution & creation) could pass w/o a reasonable doubt.

Um, evolution has already been through "scientific court" (scientific journals) and has survived more-or-less unscathed. Creationism, in comparison, has not.

Upvote 0

Hank

has the Right to be wrong
May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have asked that question myself, not with the Bible but about God.

I forgot who wrote that: "God is a required human invention." I think this is not correct. Somehow if abiogenesis is true we would have had invented a primitive form of this theory. Like from wood stick to the candle to the light bulb. We knew how to make the dark light. But we always worshipped gods, at least the civilized portions of earth had a main creating god. Why? Because we only think just since the 16th century? God is such a complex concept and so hard to believe in the first place, thus why make Him up?

If this is offtopic again, someone please delete :)

Upvote 0
Evolution survived 80 years of scientific trial and became the modern synthesis. The modern synthesis hasn't changed in the 60 years since it was developed. So basically 140 years of scientific investigation has only produced justification. On top of this, evolution has survived 140 years of political and religious onslaught and emerged stronger than when Darwin first developed natural selection as a mechanism.

wb3, you should consider find a new sources for learning about evolution. Whoever or whatever you are using now is telling you lies and falsehoods.

Upvote 0

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution is ridiculous.

The age of the universe keeps on changing generation to generation........

Alone.

Pre-evolutoin:

started 25,00 yrs old(approx)

In the 20s or so it says the world is 2 billions yrs old

Now 4.6 billion yrs old

10-15 yrs later wno knows

Ya'll say we got here by chance so whatever!

The Bible sure don't change like that!

Believer in a 6,000 yr old universe

-Hector

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by wb3
I know validity is not proved by the amount of time a theory is around. But the Bible has been around for a very long time. Whether in scrolls or book form it has been around for several thousand years. The THEORY of evolution has only been around for about 143 years. Doeas this not arouse a reasonable doubt to whether it maybe true.

Hmm.

The Norse creation myths go back many hundreds of years. Newton's laws of motion don't go back *nearly* that far.

Upvote 0

My Higher Self

Sense Offender
Aug 20, 2002
Florida
✟880.00
Originally posted by Hector Medina
Evolution is ridiculous.

The age of the universe keeps on changing generation to generation........

Alone.

Pre-evolutoin:

started 25,00 yrs old(approx)

In the 20s or so it says the world is 2 billions yrs old

Now 4.6 billion yrs old

10-15 yrs later wno knows

Ya'll say we got here by chance so whatever!

The Bible sure don't change like that!

Believer in a 6,000 yr old universe

-Hector

That's because our sciences, techniques and tools are becoming more precise with better range. You know, many years ago the human lifespan was not what it is today. Again, that's because of scientific advancement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by foolsparade
Yes Darwin was way ahead of his time. I guess one could ask "why didn't Moses invent the light bulb?"

He avoided inventing the light bulb to spare future evolutionists embarrassment, since he knew it would take 5 evolutionists to change one (one to hold the bulb, four to speculate about how filaments could have evolved.)

Upvote 0

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Originally posted by npetreley
He avoided inventing the light bulb to spare future evolutionists embarrassment, since he knew it would take 5 evolutionists to change one (one to hold the bulb, four to speculate about how filaments could have evolved.)

What a ridiculous strawman........  :( :sigh:

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Morat
  Yes, that about sums up Nick. It's good to see him back.

It is good to see Nick back. Although some of his humor has a bit of a barb in it, Nick often displays a very good wit and humor that has been missed.....at least by me. Welcome back, Nick!

Upvote 0