Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Black people can't mess with time travel.
What prevents a black person from going back to when Ethiopians ruled Egypt? Or back to when Black Western African Kingdoms were flourishing? Or back to when the city of Meroe was in its heyday? You can't limit black history to a single time period nor geographical location.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What prevents a black person from going back to when Ethiopians ruled Egypt? Or back to when Black Western African Kingdoms were flourishing? Or back to when the city of Meroe was in its heyday? You can't limit black history to a single time period nor geographical location.

When you go back that far, those times were only fun if you were the king.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
A couple weeks ago I read the best book ever. It was called "Out of Time" by Cliff Ball. The story rotates around the premise of time travel and constantly talks about something called the grandfather paradox. If time travel were real where would you go?:)
The day before yesterday and eat my birthday curry again.

It was ace.

• Haha
Reactions: MissRowy
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When you go back that far, those times were only fun if you were the king.
I was responding to the insinuation that there is no place for a black person to travel back in time without encountering trouble simply because the person is black.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was responding to the insinuation that there is no place for a black person to travel back in time without encountering trouble simply because the person is black.

The problem is that there are no time the past in which just being a black time traveler is particularly good. First, you don't want to go back to a time or place where the first thing they do to any stranger who doesn't speak the language is impale him on a pike. But at that point, you're at a time and place where it's better to be white.

There was one episode of Doctor Who, when his companion was Martha Jones (black actress Freema Agyeman), when they went back to the late 1500s England to meet William Shakespeare.

Doctor Who is strolling carefree down the street and notices that Martha is filled with apprehension. He asks her what the problem is, and she says, "Have you forgotten I'm black?"

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
A couple weeks ago I read the best book ever. It was called "Out of Time" by Cliff Ball. The story rotates around the premise of time travel and constantly talks about something called the grandfather paradox. If time travel were real where would you go?:)
Mount Sinai: the Giving of the Ten Commandments
Judea: the Sermon on the Mount
Gettysburg: The Gettysburg Address
The meeting of the Lakota by the Jesuits.
Several World's Fairs.
The opening day of Disneyland
Woodstock
Vatican 2: formation of Nostra Aetate

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that there are no time the past in which just being a black time traveler is particularly good. First, you don't want to go back to a time or place where the first thing they do to any stranger who doesn't speak the language is impale him on a pike. But at that point, you're at a time and place where it's better to be white.

There was one episode of Doctor Who, when his companion was Martha Jones (black actress Freema Agyeman), when they went back to the late 1500s England to meet William Shakespeare.

Doctor Who is strolling carefree down the street and notices that Martha is filled with apprehension. He asks her what the problem is, and she says, "Have you forgotten I'm black?"

Traveling back in time isn't restricted to destination Europe.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Traveling back in time isn't restricted to destination Europe.

I repeat: First, you don't want to go back to a time or place where the first thing they do to any stranger who doesn't speak the language is impale him on a pike.

• Haha
Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I would stop time.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would want to go back in time to when George Washington was President and see my country as it was taking off. The Founders had such a different idea for the United States than what it has become.
More power to the states and less central government control.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Back to where I can give myself some good solid advice at crucial moments. But that would endanger my existence by changing the past so I might be inadvertantly committing suicide.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Black folk can't go back past 1965.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post reminded me of a story related to time travel. Not exactly time travel as people do not actually go into the past, they just can view it.

"The Dead Past" by Asimov.

A very distrubing story.

Hmm. Missed that one, unless I read it in junior high, when I was reading ferociously and not necessarily retaining much.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. Missed that one, unless I read it in junior high, when I was reading ferociously and not necessarily retaining much.

It is worth a read and can be found online. Ironically the key scientific twist is so obvious in hindsight that any decent science student will be kicking himself for not working it out before Asimov points it out.

Upvote 0